Friday, July 29, 2016

Staycation #2


Our mini staycation was awesome! Emerson loved the amusement park and riding the bigger rides. We still took him through Kiddieland, but put him on all of the adult rides that he was permitted to get on. It made it so much more worth going. We were there for about 4.5 hours. He was absolutely beat by the time we left. The heat was enough to exhaust all of us. We got on some water rides, but that only cooled us down for about ten minutes. Afterwards, Emerson napped until about 5pm, which was nice for me. I was so tired, taking a break at home was necessary. I let him stay up late since we were off the next day, so we played in the yard until almost 8pm after dinner. The next day, Em slept until 9am. He must have been really beat. The only plans we had were to swim at my parent’s house. We had a great time. It was nice not having to spend any money, but still getting to do something fun. Em napped again until 5pm. We headed out to the yard after dinner. It was much cooler at that time too. Em swam and played in his sandbox, then had a bath, before bedtime. Today, it’s back to reality.

Tomorrow, I’m working from home. Em has his 30 month check-up, so we’ll be heading there at 3pm. We don’t have much planned for this weekend. My nephew is supposed to FINALLY come home, so we’ll be spending time with him. It looks like rain in the forecast, so I think our waterpark plans will be canceled. Funds are pretty tight for the next week, so we’ll probably just hang at my sister’s house and inside for most of the weekend. I’ll take Em up to the mall play place just to get out a bit, but otherwise, that’s it. I don’t want to spend any money at all. We’ll still attempt the waterpark on Saturday for as long as we can in between rain/storms. We have passes, so if it rains, it really doesn’t matter to us. Maybe we’ll get lucky and actually be able to log a few hours there.

We have a fun few weekends coming up, so I’m excited about that. We can toss in a couple of boring ones here and there. Em starts to drive me nuts at home though. He can only stand being cooped up for so long before he gets whacky. You’d think with all of the toys we have that it wouldn’t be an issue. I think we’ll do some pudding painting this weekend and some other things to pass the time. We haven’t done that in forever, but we’ve been on the go and out and about. I’ll put together some good sensory activities, so that we can curb the cabin fever a bit. I can even fill the water table up with some pasta, or beads for him to play in. If I scatter enough activities throughout, we should be good cooped up for the weekend if it rains.

Can everyone say a prayer though that my nephew really does come home tomorrow/Saturday. I am so worried about this. His dad hasn’t purchased his airfare yet. You know how that’s going to go too. Flights are going to cost an arm and a leg! I also worry that they’ll be overbooked and my nephew will get bumped. That’s typically what happens when you purchase last minute. It happened on his trip out there. I just don’t want his dad to pull a fast one again saying that he can’t afford to send him home. He was supposed to be home on Monday. Well, Monday came and went. We already knew he wasn’t going to be home then, so we’re all on edge that he won’t be home with this new proposed date. My sister file a court modification, so they now have a court date for August 17th, which is the day before his birthday. I don’t know what’ll happen if he doesn’t fly out for it either. If he can’t afford to fly my nephew back and forth, then he needs to just admit that and stop doing it.  I know it sucks because he wants to see his kid, but it isn’t our fault. He made that decision to move across the country. He even admitted that he made a mistake and it isn’t working out the way he had hoped. Well, then come back! He moved out there for a girl and her kids, but never mind the fact that he left his own kid here. He can no longer afford his child support, and is barely scraping pennies together to fly my nephew back and forth. I’d call it a loss now and purchase myself a one-way ticket back home.

Alright, that’s all I have for now. J

No comments: