Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Mummy's baby is 9 months today!

Today, Emerson is 9 months old. Wow, time certainly does fly. I absolutely hate that saying, but in this situation, it really does apply. It’s incredible the growth and progress he’s made over such a small period of time. Watching him learn new things has been amazing. I truly do get to see the world through a new set of eyes. I feel so privileged to be given this title: Mom. Though not always easy, it’s those hard time that make me appreciate things a lot more when they are easy. It also validates that I am a strong, tough woman and I can get through anything. Some days, I questioned if I were doing anything right, but others I knew I was without any doubt.

I am such a proud mom and even more proud of my boy. I cannot believe the strides he’s made and well ahead of schedule too. Crawling, climbing, and now free-standing. I see great potential in walking before Christmas. Though I know this adds in an extra obstacle, I love seeing him grow and learn. He’s such an explorer too. Nothing gets by him. He’s constantly looking for new adventures, even in our living room, which he has played in a million times. I can’t trick him anymore either. If I take something away and hide it, he immediately goes to that spot and retrieves the object, which is usually my cellphone.

He is such an eater too. He absolutely loves pizza. He pretty much loves anything. Those four teeth are definitely allowing him to add more to his menu. They are sharp though! He’s bitten me quite a few times. We are working on his boundaries though. Hair pulling and teeth biting are his current vices. A firm “No” usually corrects that, but not for long. We will get there!

I am still nursing and pumping too. 9 months. I am so proud of myself. It isn’t an easy task being able to dedicate so much time to either. I’m so glad I’ve been able to supply Emerson with the best for this long. I have no idea when I’ll stop, but I don’t foresee it happening in the near future!


No comments: