Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Mummy's so behnd!

I have no idea when the last time I blogged was, so if I am being repetitive, my apologies! The weekend was nice. We went to the pumpkin patch on Sunday with my sister and nephew. We had a nice time. The weather was absolutely beautiful. Emerson enjoyed the hayride and people watching. He looked adorable in his puffy, owl vest too. Afterwards, we took the boys out for lunch. Em slept for most of that. Busy day at the patch wore him out! We visited gam and pap afterwards, then headed home. Monday, daycare was closed, so Em stayed home with me. I had a half day. Afterwards, my sister and I took the boys out for breakfast. My best friend and her son met up with us too. It was fun and the pancakes were delicious!

Outside of that, Emerson has been growing so much. He’s very unpredictable some days. He’s on a new kick where he is very resistant to bedtime and naps. Boy, do I have to work just to get him down. It’s exhausting, but I’m hoping it passes soon. Last night, he woke about every 5 minutes too. It was not great. Once he was finally in a deep sleep, it was time to get up. No rest for the weary. I just try to tell myself that these are phases and just as quickly as it starts, it’s done and over with.

He’s starting to stand without holding onto anything, which leads me to believe he’ll be walking sooner rather than later. He’s just been on the go for months! It seems that he’s a bit ahead of the game too. A lot of my friends have babies around the same age, and some are not crawling, while some just started. It’s nice to start relating to other people going through the same thing as me now. We were a little ahead. Being mobile adds an entirely new challenge to the whole baby process! It is a lot more fun though!

Emerson is getting really good with using a spoon and fork. We use the spoon more than the fork because I’m afraid he’ll poke himself in the eye. I figure once he is really good with the spoon, we can move onto the fork because he’ll have the general idea. Right now, I put the food on the spoon, he takes the spoon from me, and puts it in his mouth. It’s hilarious and adorable. We recently started to practice him putting the food onto the spoon. He’s starting to get that, but we have some work ahead of us. Over the weekend, he had spaghettio’s for lunch. The red sauce was all over his face during lunch. It was so adorable, but he broke out into a rash afterwards. I felt so bad. I think the acidity in the pasta sauce irritated his skin. After a bath, he seemed better, but no more red sauce because of that! His eye is all cleared up too. I’m so glad. We still have no idea what it was, but the antibiotic drops helped.

My friend, Erin, had her baby! Madison Paige was born on October 12th at 4:47am! She was 7lbs 7oz and 20 inches long. She is absolutely adorable! We are going to meet her this weekend. I can’t wait! Mama and baby are doing amazing and are being discharged from the hospital today. I’m so excited for Erin. She’s also breastfeeding. She said it’s going well. I’m very proud of her. It isn’t an easy thing to do at all!

I changed Emerson’s bottles again. He started to waste the last 4oz bottle of the day at daycare, so I am now only sending 3 5oz bottles. It’s 1 oz less than what I was sending before. It was killing me to see him toss a 4oz bottle and waste it because he was still full from lunch. This should work much better for us. It’s nice for me because I only need to pump 15oz. I’m hoping I can start building a stock again. I have pretty much nothing left in the freezer.

Other than visiting Erin this weekend, we don’t have too much on the agenda. I need to grocery shop on Friday, but that’s about it. We are just going to hang out. I was thinking of taking Emerson to the play place in the mall, but I’m wondering if that’s such a good idea yet. If it’s really busy, I’ll worry another kid might knock him over. We’ll see. We were thinking of going to another pumpkin patch on Sunday afternoon too. I’ll have to check the weather out to make sure it’s nice enough.

Alright, I am going to end this now. I hope you all have a great week 






No comments: