Monday, October 6, 2014

Mummy's Me Day!

The weekend was fantastic, but exhausting. Friday was my ME day. I jam packed way too much into it and was a bit over ambitious, but I had a good time shopping. I started out at the mall where I bought myself a new pair of boots, 3 tops, 2 pair of jeans, a scarf, and tank for $80.00! I’ve been budgeting for quite some time to be able to buy myself a few new things. Everything I was wearing was worn during pregnancy and beforehand. All of my jeans were at least 2 sizes too big, so it is so nice to actually have pants that fit me now. The boots were buy one get one for $10, so I was able to get my sister a pair for Christmas. $45 boots for $10. I couldn’t pass that up. Afterwards, I did some Christmas shopping for Emerson. I was able to get 5 outfits, 4 toys, and a much needed coat for $60. I’m pretty much done with him aside from adding on some new bath toys and a couple of odds and ends. I’m not going overboard. He’s going to need a new car seat at some point too. I headed over to Walmart afterwards to pick up the ottoman, picture frames, and curtains that were finally in that I ordered over a week ago. I hurried home to set everything up. Wow is all I can say. It looks incredible. Later, I did all of the grocery shopping, plus picked up diapers, exchanged a shirt I had bought last week that was too small, then headed home to put it all away before picking Emerson up at daycare. What a day!

Saturday, we woke up early and headed to Walmart to buy a birthday gift for my friend’s daughter’s birthday party on Sunday. We bought her an adorable hello kitty sweater with glitter leggings. Later that day, we ran errands with my friend because she had to buy all of the stuff for the party on Sunday. We had a really nice time. We got home around 5pm, so we just played, did dinner, bath, then bed. Sunday, we went to my parent’s to visit. They were away all weekend for their anniversary, plus the party was over their way anyway, so we stopped on the wall. Emerson freaked out when I went to put him in his car seat to head to the party. I had to take him out. When I did, he conked out, so we ended up going to the party a little late. After the party, we came back to my parent’s house to hang for a bit. Again, another freak out when it was car seat time. I hope this isn’t a new trend because I’m not with it. He started wailing, arching his back, and trying to wiggle out. Insane! On Sunday night, we just did dinner, played, bath, then bed. He was a bear to put down last night. I was pretty exhausted, but he finally conked out around 930pm. He was up around midnight and 2am, but slept like a gem outside of those two small periods of time.

Today, I am working from home, but in the office the rest of the week aside from Thursday. I have a half day to cut down on daycare costs. I just paid for the entire month this morning. $717.25. Insane. I’m taking 5 half days this month to save on daycare costs, or that amount would have been well into the $900 mark. This month is just unusually long because the office isn’t closed at all (no holidays), so the baby would need to go every day. I get a break in November and December. Not much, but any amount helps. I let the baby sleep in a bit this morning too. I feel so bad waking him. It seems that he doesn’t hit his sleep stride, or big sleep pattern until about 2am. At that point, he usually sleeps 2-7am uninterrupted. I’ve noticed this pattern on the weekends. Before that, it seems he isn’t fully rested, stirs a bit, and wakes occasionally until around 2am. I feel bad waking him around 545 when he’s in the middle of his big sleep cycle.

This week, we don’t have much going on. I think we’re going to visit my friend this upcoming weekend. She’s pregnant and due within the next 4 days. Hopefully she holds on, so we can get a quick visit in before the baby is born. I’m excited for her though. Other than that, just work and daycare. I’m saving our pennies for the pumpkin patch, which we’re going to next Monday. I can’t wait! I just hope the weather is nice. Alright, I hope you all had fantastic weekends 

No comments: