Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Mummy's furnace broke!

On Sunday night, I noticed that it felt VERY cold in my bedroom. It wasn’t just drafty either. It was really cold almost like my furnace wasn’t on. I forgot all about it until we were home last night. I felt a chill, walked over to the thermostat, and saw the temperature in the house was 63 degrees! What?! I know I had set the heat on 71 degrees, so why the heck was it so cold? The heater wasn’t kicking on at all. Great! I texted my landlord to let him know. He’s coming over this week to check it out. I’m hoping it’s just something with the thermostat and not the actual furnace. Even though I don’t have to pay for it, I still would feel bad for my landlord. We’ve been using a space heater, which is keeping my bedroom warm enough for us to snooze in. Emerson didn’t get a bath last night. I felt it was too cold and didn’t think it was smart to expose him to water without having it be warm enough when he got out of the tub.

Tonight, we’re going to my cousin’s house for her daughter’s one year birthday. I’m excited to see everyone and for Emerson to get to play with the other kids. I just hope he isn’t too grouchy and tired after daycare. We aren’t heading over until around 6:30pm, which is late for us. Afterward, we’re going to my parent’s house to carve pumpkins. We probably won’t get home until well after 9pm. He’ll definitely need a bath tonight, so I want to get home in enough time to warm up my bedroom, so that he isn’t freezing afterward. The house hasn’t gone below 60 degrees, even when it was only 40 outside last night, so we should be fine until Thursday.

Emerson has been sleeping really well at night, but still a bear to put down. Luckily, last night was an easy night. I nursed him right to sleep, which was so sweet. I didn’t have to fight very much at all. I like those nights. He slept pretty much all night aside from waking maybe once or twice for a quick nursing session. Even Kodie fell asleep quickly last night. Usually, she does laps around the bend until she can find a comfortable position. In the blanket, out of the blanket, on my legs, off my legs. It’s an entire routine for Kodie too. She kept my feet warm last night though!


Alright, I’m ending this now. Have a good Tuesday, guys!





No comments: