Thursday, October 30, 2014

Mummy's giraffe!

Last night, we went trick or treating at the mall. It was so much fun! Though we didn’t really trick or treat (the lines were extremely long and neither of us eats candy), we did walk around with Erin and Madison and saw all of the costumes. It was a really nice time. Emerson looked adorable in his giraffe costume. It nearly didn’t fit and I was panicking, but my mom and I were able to stuff him into it. I don’t think I’ll do that tomorrow night. It’s supposed to be cold and potentially snowy, so we are skipping trick or treating. We’re just handing out candy at my parent’s house. Emerson has an adorable outfit to wear though. I have to go home tonight after work and make chocolate covered Halloween pretzel rods for the daycare staff tomorrow. Let’s hope Emerson can occupy himself long enough for me to make them. I am down 4oz too, so I’m going to have to find time to pump. I’m hoping I can get 2oz tonight and then 2 more in the morning. I have nothing left in stock. I had to use the last frozen milk to send today because I had to give Emerson a bottle at the mall last night. I just hope I get to do all of that stuff tonight. The pretzels won’t take long. Melt the chocolate, dip, and decorate with Halloween sprinkles. Sounds easier than it’ll be I’m sure!

This weekend, we have no plans outside of Halloween. I am working from home tomorrow, so it’s laundry and grocery shopping day too. I believe dad is installing my carpet on Saturday. Outside of that, we have no plans. Maybe we can go to the mall and walk around if we get bored. I’ll try to tough it out on Saturday. I’m trying to save our pennies, so staying home and trying to occupy ourselves there is the idea. I just get such cabin fever. I’ll try to hold out on the mall walking until Sunday as a last resort. If my dad doesn’t install the carpeting until Sunday, then the baby and I will go with my mom and nephew on Saturday to see my sister’s new house. I don’t want to let my dad in my house without me being there because I’m afraid the dog will get out. My dad seems to think Kodie won’t run away. A few times while I was staying at their house, he accidentally let her out, while taking the garbage out! I didn’t find out until after she already came back, so I don’t trust my dad now. I know that sounds awful, but he seems to think the dog loves him so much that she won’t run out the front door. Yeah right! She does love him, but that doesn’t mean she won’t dart out the door and up the street. I’m not that naïve. I guess we’ll see what happens.

Yesterday, I made the most adorable burlap wreath for my sister’s new house as a Christmas present. I put a monogrammed “M” on it too for her last name. It’s so adorable. I posted a picture of it to my facebook and got a great feedback. A few people asked me to make them one, so I was considering making and selling them. It didn’t take me very long, so I definitely think I could find the time. It cost me $14 to make my sister’s wreath. I could sell them for $20 to start, see the response I get, and then up the price to $25 to make it worth my while. I searched etsy and people are selling their wreaths for $45! That would be great, but I think I have a greater chance of making a sale if I loser the price a bit. We’ll see. I don’t want to get ahead of myself. I’ll make wreaths for the people who asked and just charge them the cost of materials to start. I won’t even do it to make a profit. After I make those two, I’ll see the response I get and go from there. I need one for my house now!








No comments: