Monday, October 27, 2014

Mummy's nerves are kinda shot!

I feel like I haven’t updated in forever. Life is just so busy anymore. Emerson is on the go. He isn’t walking yet, but trying. He can stand on his own for a few seconds without holding onto anything. He crawls so fast. He darts all over the house. I’ve been able to contain him with the play yard gate, but it’s only a matter of time before he is busting out. His separation anxiety is really getting the better of me. I’m trying to just ease his fears, but I cannot get anything done at home now. Even wearing him around, it doesn’t seem to help. He hates the baby carrier, but wants me to hold him all of the time. I’m trying to just comply to his needs in hopes that he gains the trusts he’s seeking, so that we can get back to a normal routine much quicker. Not an easy task for a single mother!

This weekend was great though. I took a half day on Friday. We hung out at my parent’s house before heading home. We played, ate dinner, and went to bed pretty early. Because we went to bed early, Emerson was up REALLY early on Saturday morning. 6:45am! We played the entire day, but it was quite exhausting not leaving the house to break things up a bit. He was an absolute nightmare at bedtime too. After I finally got him down, he woke after an hour and was inconsolable. Finally, an hour later, he was back in bed. I was exhausted and near tears myself. I have no idea what the issue was. It definitely instilled some fear in me for bedtime last night, but luckily, he went right down without a fight!

Because Emerson was such a bear at bedtime on Saturday night, I decided to try to tucker him out on Sunday. We went to the mall with my friend, Erin, and her brand new baby, Madison. We walked around for 2 hours. Emerson was happy as a clam in his stroller people watching. He really is very well behaved, so it kills me when I’m met with resistance during bedtime, or he’s overly whiney and freaks out if I leave him for one second to pee, or let the dog out. I’m ready for that phase to kick the bucket! Afterwards, we stopped by my parent’s house, picked my sister and nephew up, then headed to the park. We had a great time on the swings and slides. We even played with a puppy bull dog, who was absolutely adorable! On the way home, we pulled over on the side of the road for an impromptu fall photo shoot. The leaves and natural light were amazing, so I didn’t want to pass up the opportunity. We let Emerson play in the leaves for a while before heading to my parent’s house for dinner. Emerson played awhile before we headed home for even more play time. Afterwards, it was bath time. At this point, I was petrified of bedtime because I didn’t know what was going to happen. I haven’t been feeling well lately, so I just didn’t have it in me to fight. Thank God, Emerson was such an Angel and went right down. I needed that. He did wake several times throughout the night, but I didn’t even care. I slept okay. I woke not feeling so great, but I’m okay now. I’m working from home today because, SHOCKER, we woke up late. I HATE my new cell phone’s alarm! It is so quiet and does not wake me up. Plus, if you hit snooze 3 times, it automatically shuts off. My old phone NEVER did this. It would continue to ring and ring!

This week, we do have a lot of things planned because it is Halloween! Wednesday, we are going trick or treating at the mall. That’ll be a lot of fun. I’m excited. Friday, we are trick or treating, then passing out candy at my parent’s house. The weather is supposed to be beautiful today and tomorrow, so I’m thinking a little park time will be nice. Maybe it’ll tucker him out a bit more than usual. I know that sounds so awful, but seriously. It isn’t like I have a helping hand at home. If I don’t do it, it doesn’t get done. I can’t just pass the baby off on someone, so I can be sick, or anything like that. It’s all on my shoulders, so I just need to figure out a way to balance this separation anxiety and normal life! Okay, I am going to end this now. I’m honestly too tired to type anymore! I hope everyone has a really good week!

No comments: