Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Mummy's ME time

I can’t remember if I blogged yesterday. That’s REALLY sad. If I did/didn’t I’m sorry for repeating anything. Additionally, if anyone commented and I didn’t respond yet, I promise, I’ll get there today! Again, thank you so much to the endless feedback and responses that I get. You all are truly amazing and I appreciate it so much more than you’ll ever know. A portion of my passion for blogging is because of all of you. That sounds so cheesy, but it’s the truth. Knowing that so many of us are going through the same thing makes me feel a lot better. Power in numbers?

My mom and I are still not speaking. She hasn’t tried to reach out to me yet. I did text her on Monday to let her know that my sister arrived at the airport safely to pick up her fiancé. Her response, “Okay”. I didn’t push for any more than that either. I don’t feel that I should have to either. It’s time that I stop letting other people’s behavior pull me down. I can’t let my happiness be at the mercy of someone else’s irresponsibility either. When she’s ready to behave like an adult, she can speak to me. I hope she starts to realize that she needs to take accountability for her actions and begin to take the upper hand when it comes to her life. She can’t pin everything on my dad and expect him to constantly take care of her in the manner that he’s set for himself. What a standard, right?

My parents are going away this weekend for their 29th wedding anniversary. That means we won’t see them at all this weekend even if we wanted to. We’re going to my friend’s daughter’s 9th birthday party on Sunday from 1-4pm. We could head over there afterwards, but we probably won’t. Sunday evenings are always a little rough on us because we’re so out of routine from the weekend. I’m usually running around like a mad woman to prep things for work and daycare on Monday. Speaking of my parent’s wedding anniversary, this will shed some light on how twisted my mom’s brain works. She expects my sisters and I to give her and my dad gifts for their anniversary yet she NEVER gets my dad anything. If she does, it’s usually late. Does this make sense? I’m not married to you, or him, so I don’t understand why I need to acknowledge your marriage outside of a simple “Happy Anniversary”. Their marriage did not bring me life. In fact, I was born well before they said “I do”. I’m already preparing myself for the attitude I’ll get for not presenting her with some lavish gift.

We don’t have too many plans for the remainder of the week. We have so much on our calendar for this month, that I’m saving our pennies for the two pumpkin patches we’re visiting, a fundraiser hayride, trick or treating at the mall, and a boo bash at the zoo. So much is going on! I’m excited. On top of that, let’s not forget Halloween, Emerson’s fall pictures, and pumpkin carving.

There is a very special day this week that I’ve reserved just for myself. Friday is ME day. I’m so excited. It’s filled with nothing but errands, but that sounds like Heaven to me. Between 10:30am-5pm, I have time to myself. No work and no mommy duties. I haven’t had this luxury since May when I took the day off of work and sent the baby to daycare. Sometimes, you just need a mental health day for yourself. I’m not too keen on going out in the evenings, so this works well for me. Emerson’s routine is not broken and he won’t notice because he’s always at daycare during the week. I don’t feel so bad having spare time like that and just using it on myself. I don’t know why I feel the need to justify this though. I’m a really good mom and I dedicate all of my time outside of work to Emerson. Sometimes, you just need some time for yourself. I don’t go out and drink, or do anything else like that, so I feel like grocery and Christmas (yes, I said Christmas) shopping are acceptable to do without the baby.

Alright, that’s about all I have for today. I hope you are all having a wonderful week! Emerson and I are!

No comments: