Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Mummy has bad news


Well, I didn’t get my tax return and today marks the 21st day. I found out there are a lot of people having this issue. I spoke with a friend who works at the IRS. She told me I am probably unpostable and I need to call them. She said if they need additional information from me it’ll add another 6-8 weeks onto me getting my refund. I’m sick over it, but quite frankly, I don’t feel like being down, or stressing out over it. I’ll do what I need to do to have it processed, but I am really going to try my hardest to not dwell, or become obsessed with this. I don’t have the energy to put into being sad over it either. I know we really needed that money, but there isn’t anything I can do at this point to make it appear right now. I’m just going to keep budgeting and doing what I’ve been doing.

 

When I picked Emerson up from daycare, he had a huge lump on his forehead. He fell yesterday and bashed his poor face so hard. It looks absolutely awful and had me so worried last night. He’s fine though and it doesn’t seem to be bothering him too much. It looks awful. I scheduled pictures for March 6th for him. If the bruise and cut aren’t mostly gone by next Friday, I’m going to cancel it. Other deals will come around. I’m not going to spend $20 to get pictures taken when his face looks like hell. School pictures are next Tuesday. If his head still looks really bad, I’m going to get a smaller package. The package I was going to get is $22. I’m not going to get all of these 8x10’s of him with a huge lump and black and blue mark on his forehead. We have so many pictures as it is. I’ll just be modest and get the smaller package just to at least have a 5x7 for myself and some wallet-sized ones for my family.

 

On Saturday, I’m still taking Emerson shoe shopping. His poor feet are so crammed into his tennis shoes. We’re going to go to the waterfront. The weather is supposed to right around 40 degrees. It’ll be nice to get out for a bit. I’ve budgeted every single penny we have, so I’ll be able to take him to get frozen yogurt afterwards. On Sunday, we’re just going to visit my parents. My sister hasn’t seen Emerson since his 1st birthday party almost a month ago. She will be over there with my nephew, so it’ll be nice to see them for a bit. Plus, it doesn’t cost anything to go to their house!

 

Dr. Seuss week is next week at daycare. I need to go through Emerson’s clothes. We need some really wacky outfits for him to wear. I’m going to look around when we’re out on Saturday for a nicer shirt that he can wear to have his pictures taken in for picture day. Everything he owns is hand me downs and very worn. I’d like to get him a nice button up that he can wear again for Easter. That way, I’m getting my money’s worth.

 

Other than that, not too much is going on. I can’t wait to work from home on Friday. I’m sick of commuting into town. I shouldn’t complain though. I worked from home three days last week. It’s just tough going from doing that to being in the office four days in a row. Alright, I have to finish up some things. I have a late meeting. I just hope I don’t miss the bus because of it.

 

 

 

No comments: