Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Mummy makes adorable snacks!


My daycare snacks turned out great! I ended up just winging it and making some banana split cheesecake bars. They tasted so freaking good. I have tons of filling left, so I’ll use the rest and make a cheesecake for us at home. I individually wrapped each bar in wax paper and tied with pink striped twine. I packaged them all into a bakery box and closed that with the same twine. I made sure I put a recipe card on the box as well, so the staff knew what was in the snack and in case they wanted to make it themselves. Anyway, I’m happy with the way it turned out. I hope the kids like them! Tonight is parent conference night. I’m going to go in and hang out for a little while when I pick Emerson up and talk to his teachers. Hopefully she’s available at that time and not preoccupied with another family.

 

I slept so well last night. Emerson went to bed around 7:30pm. He was conked out by 8pm. I had to get up to finish the snacks, but was snoozing by 9:30pm. I woke up around 4am right as my alarm went off. It was perfect and amazing! I feel so much better today and very refreshed! I felt so crappy yesterday from being so tired. I’m glad Em didn’t fight me too hard at bedtime either.

 

Last night, we had some Mexican for dinner. I made chicken burritos, Spanish rice, and refried beans. It was delicious! Emerson tore it up! That boy can eat. We have left over stuff, so tonight I’m going to just make a quick Mexican lasagna, but use ground beef instead of chicken. It’ll switch it up a bit, so that it isn’t like we’re eating basically the same thing two nights in a row.

 

The weather is supposed to be warming up a bit, so I definitely want to take Emerson to get new shoes this weekend. It’ll get us out of the house. It was -10 this morning on the bus. My toes were completely numb. It’ll warm up to about 26 degrees by the time I leave for the day, so it shouldn’t be too bad waiting outside.  I have my review on Thursday. I really hope it’s good and that I get a decent raise. They cap all of the raises anyway, so I’m sure it won’t be more than 3% and that’s being generous. I just got a 4% raise last week though, so I’ll be happy to add to that. 4% hardly equated to anything though. I wish I’d get enough to make a big difference. $100 before tax a paycheck would be beyond incredible. I guess we’ll see what happens, but I really hope that it’s enough to make a difference. I mean, any amount over what I’m making now is appreciated. I just wish things could be a little bit easier.

 

Alright, I have so much to do. I hope you all have a great Tuesday!

No comments: