Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Mummy has been MIA


I haven’t updated in a week. So much has happened. A lot more illness. I guess I’ll start where I left off. Last Wednesday, I decided to take a random day off of work and to keep Emerson home from daycare. I thought it would be nice to have a mom/son day in the middle of the week. We went to lunch with my  mom and sister. It was nice. Emerson appeared to be fine and ate a boatload. That night, right at bedtime, he projectile vomited so much. It was unreal. I had to change all of the bedding because he blew chunks so badly. The next day, I decided to work from home, but still send Em to daycare. My plan was to get as much work done in the morning as possible, then pick him up early before he could be sent home. I called to check on him around 11am and was told he was perfectly fine. No puking or runny diapers. I decided to leave him there and just work a full day. That plan blew up when I got a call around 1pm that Emerson was vomiting and needed picked up. Ugh. I knew what this meant. He wouldn’t be allowed back for 24 hours, which resulted in him missing the Valentine’s Day Party. I was extremely bummed. I made so much cute stuff for the teachers and kids. I also didn’t want Emerson missing out even though I know he doesn’t understand anyway. When I picked him up, I could tell he was very sick. We went home and he literally slept the entire rest of the day and all night. He was still vomiting and having runny diapers in between naps. On top of that, he was pulling at his ear.

 

On Friday, my mom came to the rescue. I worked until 1pm, while she watched Emerson. He was still feeling under the weather and slept for most of the day. She was able to get him to keep some food down, but he kept playing with his ear. I took him to the doctors right after I was done working. I wanted to make sure he wasn’t having another ear infection that was causing him to vomit and be so sick. Luckily, he had no ear infection. His ear was completely filled with wax, so the doctor had to scrape it out. He didn’t fuss at all and let her dig everything out. Afterwards, he perked up so much! It must have really gave him a lot of relief. I was told he probably had a tummy bug though. We just needed to let it work itself out.

 

Saturday was Valentine’s day. I made an entire Valentine’s Day inspired menu for Emerson to eat. He was still feeling under the weather though and having random bouts of diarrhea and vomiting. Luckily, he completely stopped vomiting by Saturday afternoon. The diarrhea tapered off by Sunday. Valentine’s Day was very nice though. I made heart shaped pancakes and sausage for breakfast, heart shaped grilled cheese for lunch, and heart shaped pizza for dinner. Emerson and I both wore a Valentine’s Day  shirts too! The weather was pretty grim, so we didn’t make it over to my parent’s house. Emerson made my parents adorable valentines using his hand and foot print! During one of Emerson’s naps, I was just getting out of the shower when I heard a knock at the door. It was a florist delivering a gorgeous bouquet of flowers to me! My friend is such a sweetheart and always does random things to surprise me. I very much appreciated it and the flowers still smell and look beautiful!

 

On Sunday, we were FINALLY able to get out of the house. We headed to my parent’s house for a bit. When we got there, we were handed adorable Valentines from my parents. They loved what Emerson made them. We hung out for a bit, but didn’t linger too long. The roads weren’t that great and I didn’t want to drive home in the dark. I am just so beyond fed up with this damn weather. I can’t even find the words that are fitting enough to describe my absolute disgust. I have terrible anxiety every single time I have to drive. Yesterday, we slid off of my street right into a major highway. It was so scary and I panicked a little. The roads are fine right now, but we are getting more snow today. I haven’t figured out how I’m getting Emerson home from daycare yet if it’s that bad. It’s supposed to be the suckiest around the time I pick him up. Go figure. If I have to, I’ll walk up to daycare. I just worry about walking home with him. It’s bitter cold out there. I don’t think he could handle a 10 to 15 minute walk in this weather. We will see though.

 

Anyway, on Monday, daycare was closed. I scheduled Emerson’s 1 year shots and took the day off of work. He wasn’t able to get the shots back when he had his one year appointment because of his ear infection. Luckily, he was able to get them on Monday. He’s all vaccinated and up to date now. He does have tiny bruises where the shots were given in his arms. Poor guy. Other than that, he seems fine outside of teething a bit. He’s been very restless at bedtime and tosses and turns a lot. We slept perfectly for about a month straight. I hope this is just a small hiccup and we go back to getting great sleep. I’m tired!

 

Yesterday, I took the teacher and kid Valentines into the daycare. The teachers LOVED the mugs. It made me feel good to hear so many compliments because I worked so hard on those gifts. It’s nice to hear that someone appreciates the effort that you make. Though I do not do these things for the compliments, it’s definitely an added bonus. I’ve been looking on Pinterest for ideas for St Patrick’s day and Easter. You know I’m always thinking ahead!

 

Next week, the daycare is having an open house, so that the parents can come in and talk to the teachers to see how the kids are developing. I received Emerson’s 12 month assessment yesterday.  I didn’t think it was that great to be honest. I felt like there was a lot of negative remarks on the sheet. Maybe I’m just taking it too personally, but it did feel that way. There was a comment that he’s having difficulty transitioning between the bottle and cup. I call bullshit. I give Emerson a cup at home and he does fine with it. On rare occasions, I do give him a bottle, but that’s only if I don’t have a cup clean, or if he isn’t feeling well. I actually send the breastmilk in sippy cups. I do send one clean, empty bottle, but that’s more for when he’s in the baby room, extremely tired, and they want to try to get him down for a nap. They don’t HAVE to give him that bottle though. I more do it as a nicety for him and them and I don’t fill it with milk. He no longer freaks out either when he’s given the cup. I just spent 6 days straight with him. He had a cup the entire time with the exception of once in the car and one night at dinner. There were other remarks on the assessment that he tantrums when he doesn’t get his way. I’m not offended by that. The category was EMOTIONS. What bothers me is they didn’t put any positive comments in there. It was all negative about how he becomes upset when a stranger enters the room and how he tantrums when he doesn’t get his way. Though those are true, I don’t understand why there aren’t positive comments to go along with the negative. (well, not really negative, but you know what I mean) Other comments were about how he interacts with the other kids. They mentioned that he takes toys off of kids, sometimes tries to head butt them, etc. I just feel like they should offset those with positive comments that show that he does play and interact well too. It just felt very negative. The good comments (if you can even call them good) are that he is walking and doing very well physically. Okay? Well, I’d still like to have a well-adjusted child that plays great with other kids. Anyway, I cannot wait to go in and talk to his teacher. I’d like her to elaborate on some of the things that she wrote down.

 

Picture day is on March 3rd. I’m so excited. I’m just nervous because it’s an added cost. I got the payment envelope yesterday. I just need to figure out what I want to do. The pictures were so good last time and I was bummed that I didn’t get bigger prints. It’s going to cost me at least $25. I know, that doesn’t sound like a lot of money, but my gas bill is over $200 and due next week. That’s sucking up most of my extra money. I’ll figure it out, but I hope I’m not poor the second I get paid. Being cooped up in the house is great on the wallet, but it would be nice to venture out if the weather ever decides to warm up. I think it’s going to end up being around -30 at some point this week. I can’t even wrap my mind around that.

 

Other than that, we are just chugging along. I haven’t gotten my tax return yet. Today marks 2 weeks that I filed. I’m crazy nervous and very anxious over it, but trying to not dwell too much. The irs won’t even help me until I exceed 21 days of processing. Please say a prayer, guys. I really need to get a car. Alright, I am going to end this now. I hope everyone has a warm week!

 

 

No comments: