Monday, February 9, 2015

Mummy's weekend


We had a nice weekend and probably one of our healthiest in quite some time. Emerson still has a bit of a cough, but I think as a whole, we are okay. I’m counting my blessings and praying that nothing else catches up with us. Emerson hasn’t been able to get his current vaccinations due to illness. We have an appointment next Monday. It creeps me out that he hasn’t been vaccinated against the measles yet with all of these stories flying around about outbreaks. Yes, I realize they aren’t in Pennsylvania, but there have been some reported cases. I just don’t want to end up being one of them! I’ll feel better once he’s been vaccinated. I just don’t want another illness to hold up the process.

 

On Saturday morning, we did a mini Valentine’s day photo shoot! It turned out freaking adorable! It only took about five minutes, but Emerson gave me all the shots I needed. The dog even joined in the fun! It was simple, but very cute! On Saturday afternoon, we went to lunch with my sister and nephew. It was nice to hang out with them and to get out of the house. The weather was so nice! High 40’s and sunny! It felt like the middle of summer, which is sad when you think about it, but I loved it. After lunch, we headed to my parent’s house to hang out for  a while. They hadn’t seen Emerson in about a week. We played there for a few hours before heading home for dinner. I made barbeque chicken, veggies, and mashed potatoes. Yummy! Emerson liked the barbeque sauce, so that was a good decision on my part! We’ll have to add that into the rotation more often.

 

Sunday, we didn’t do much. We made a Wal*mart run, so that I could pick up ingredients to make strawberry milkshake cookies for snack day today at daycare. We were all given a calendar and assigned two days a month to provide snack. The cookies came out amazing! They taste like strawberry nesquick. I bought an adorable Valentine’s Day treat carrier to send the cookies in. I wanted to keep with the Valentine’s day theme for the week. I’m so excited for his Valentine’s day Party on Friday! I have everything ready. I just need to figure out how I’m getting 14 mugs to daycare. I’ll probably just put them in a big box to transport. Today, I created Valentine’s for the teachers using the photos that I took over the weekend. I got 15 Valentine’s for $2! They are so adorable! I also made special ones for my parents and sister. In total, I spent $3.30.  For those of you who do not know, Valentine’s Day is my favorite holiday. It excites me to make treats and gifts. Everything is very budget friendly even though it may seem I went over the top with what I’m sending, I spent very little. I spent $25 to make 14 teacher mugs, the kid’s goldfish valentines, and to print out the photo cards. The cookies cost me $7.00 to make. Not too bad when you break it down. I incorporated all of that into our budget.

 

This week, I’m off work on Wednesday and keeping Emerson home from daycare. We’re going to breakfast with my mom. Outside of that, we don’t have much planned at all. Just laying low and hanging out at home. I want to make a special Valentine’s Day dinner for us on Saturday night. I was thinking of making heart-shaped mini pizza’s for dinner, heart-shaped pancakes for breakfast, and heart-shaped grilled cheese for lunch! It’ll be an entire day of heart-shaped food! Why not? We have to eat. I might as well make it fun.

 

I filed my taxes last Wednesday. I checked the irs.gov website and everything was processing normally. I had the orange bar, etc. I just checked today and the bar is gone, there is no refund date, but a message saying they are still processing my taxes. That scares me. I was in refund hell a few years ago and it took me 6 months to get my money. Of course, I’m in panic mode now. I really hope that the system is just updating and they’ll provide a refund date really soon. My sister and best friend got their refunds within a week of filing. I have such a sick feeling to my stomach now. I have no idea what the issue would be either. I’m going to just try to relax and not worry about it so much right now. My friend works at the IRS. I just sent her a text to ask her if I should be alarmed at all. I hope she doesn’t respond with anything bad. Pray for me, guys! I need that money to get a new car!!!!

 

Alright, I have a ton of work to do. I better get to it. Have a great week, All!

 

 

No comments: