Friday, February 27, 2015

Mummy hates taxes


I called the IRS this morning. After an hour on hold, I finally talked to a live person who informed me there is an issue with my return. She couldn’t verify exactly what the issue was though. Instead, she told me I’d probably have another 4 weeks before I have a refund. Anyway, I called my friend who works at the IRS right after. She said she wouldn’t bank on what that woman is saying. They aren’t telling anyone 4 week time –frames. It’s all 6 to 8 weeks. Instead, she’s going to provide me another phone number when she gets into work, so that I can call to be sure I don’t need to verify my identity first. She said if I don’t need to, then they’ll transfer me to the area that can really help me. She thinks it’s just an error because I’ve had some changes this year adding Emerson and daycare. These things error out when trying to go through the E-file system and require and actual person to review your return. Obviously there are a lot of errors to review, so it takes some time to get through the process. I hope I’ve already been assigned to a processor that’s looking at my return. Anyway, I’ll be calling again this afternoon. Hopefully I have some answers. I don’t mind if I’m not getting money for another 6 weeks. I just want to know that it’s really being processed and not stalled because I’m not doing my part. It’s really, really stressful. I had to gear myself up for this day because I knew it would require me making a lot of calls and being placed on hold. It’s very frustrating because they don’t have to help you, or give you answers. It takes getting through to the right person to be given the correct information. Sometimes that requires calling multiple times. I’m trying to put my toughest foot forward. This is not for the faint of heart. There is a lot of money on the line here. I just want to make sure I take the necessary steps to avoid further delay.
 
All of the families received a letter yesterday from the director  at daycare regarding the little girl who passed yesterday morning. I didn’t write about this in my blog yesterday, but a 4 month old baby that was in Emerson’s class died. She suffocated in her sleep. It is absolutely tragic and horrific. My heart aches for her family. I can barely wrap my mind around it and it makes me tear up anytime I think about it. The daycare is taking donations and working on putting together a fundraiser to raise money for the family. I feel so bad. The mood at daycare is so somber. I feel awful for the teachers. They took care of that little girl every day. It’s almost like losing one of your own. I don’t even know what to say about it other than I am very sad and I squeezed Emerson extra last night. I couldn’t imagine going through that and I never ever want to live that nightmare. I’ll leave it at that because it just makes me incredibly sad to go there in my mind.
 
This week has been filled with so many ups and downs. There were a large number of people at my company who were let go on Wednesday. Several worked very closely with me and my team. It was a somber week there too. After the firings occurred, we had a meeting to discuss them. It’s almost surreal. I feel for those people. It’s very scary to one day have an income then have it taken away from you the next. I’ve heard some rumors that they were given severance though. If that’s the case, then I’m happy for them. They’ll be okay until they find alternative employment. Also, they let team members go who suffered poor performance reviews, so it really wouldn’t have been a big shock to anyone. It’s still very sad though and puts all of us on edge.
 
I need a reprieve from bad news. It’s been that kind of week. I really just want to have a great weekend and to try to put everything aside. It’s supposed to snow on Sunday night. It sucks. We’ve gotten such a break from that. I’ve finally started to feel comfortable driving again. There was a coating this morning, but it was fine. I was able to get Emerson to daycare with no issues. I’m working from home today though. I’m glad. I needed a break from commuting. Also, I really needed to do laundry. I’m trying to figure out what I want to do after work. I really want to go to Once upon a child to find a shirt for Emerson to wear for picture day on Tuesday. We’re going shoe shopping tomorrow, but not in the same area that Once upon a child is located. I think it’ll be easier if I just run up today after work to look around before snagging him from daycare. I do need to get milk and dish liquid though. I’ll have about 2 hours after work is over before I need to pick Emerson up. It seems like a lot of time, but really isn’t. I probably won’t get to Once upon a child until 330ish. I know what we need though, so I shouldn’t be in there long. I can run to the grocery store on the way home to grab milk and dish liquid. I’d love to make fish and mac and cheese for dinner tonight. I can grab some fish at the store too. I’d love to just grab dinner from a fish fry, but that’s just being too wasteful. If I just buy fish at the store, we’ll have it to eat another night. I already have macaroni and cheese at home.
 
I’m excited to hang out with Emerson tomorrow though. I just want us to have a happy and healthy weekend. We’ve had it pretty rough the last two months. We deserve it. Alright. I hope you all have a really wonderful weekend. Stay warm and stress-free! J

No comments: