Thursday, February 5, 2015

Mummy's Valentine


I was able to get the car seat adjusted properly. I cannot stand the process of putting him in it though. I miss the simplicity of the carrier. It’s such an ordeal every morning and afternoon because I have to climb into the backseat to put him in. He screams and cries in the morning because he’s tired and doesn’t want to be messed with. Before, all I had to do was put him in the carrier in my house and pop it into the base in the car. He’d fall asleep before we walked out of the front door. Now, there is just no easy way for me to put him into the car seat without waking him. I feel bad. Not only am I waking him well before he’s ready to get up, but it’s freezing in the mornings and I can’t put him in the car seat with a coat on. When we get to daycare, I take him out of the car seat, then I put a coat on him before getting out of the car. With the carrier, it was easier. I’d just throw a few blankets over the top before I popped the carrier out of the car. It’s just such a damn hassle now. I know I’ll get used to it and adjust. He will too. It more just sucks because of the weather. Scraping ice every single morning off of my car windows is really annoying. I cannot wait for warmer weather! I’m so over this crap! Sorry, I hate to complain, but it’s just daunting and it’s becoming so exhausting. On top of that, I have such anxiety and fear of driving when the weather is snowy and icy. I slid this morning and nearly had a panic attack.

 

Emerson has had his first taste of whole milk since turning 1. He likes it. I haven’t tried to give it to him cold yet. I’ve been mixing it with breast milk and warming it up for him. I’m still pumping and nursing, but trying to intermix if I’m short. It’s taken a lot of pressure off of me because I no longer have the fear of being short if I don’t get to pump enough throughout the day. I’m glad that hasn’t happened too often though. I’m not ready to give up nursing, or pumping. It is good to know that he doesn’t have an aversion to whole milk, so I know it’ll be fine when the time comes to fully make the switch. He still loves water though, so I’m continuing to give that during dinner. He gets plenty of milk throughout the day, so having some water during dinner is a good compromise and he doesn’t fill up too much on liquid, so he’s eating plenty of actual food. Speaking of food, we are in desperate need of everything. Last night, we ate a microwavable lasagna meal and fish sticks. I’m going to grocery shop after work tomorrow. We are always down to our last random meals when it’s this close to payday. I only grocery shop once every two weeks. I can’t wait to stock up again. I haven’t even made a grocery list yet. I better get on it!

 

Emerson’s daycare is having their big Valentine’s Day party next week. I just realized it’s Friday the 13th next week. Ew! Anyway, I’m so excited to make Valentine’s for the kids and teachers. I was provided a list of the kid’s names the other day. How cute is that?! I know, I know. I’m so “that mom”, but I live for this stuff and it makes all holidays even more exciting. I just think it’s so freaking adorable that Emerson gets to partake is “school” activities like this through daycare. Daycare is structured though, so it’s basically like he is in school. For the kids, I’m sending goldfish crackers. There was a specific DO NOT SEND list, so to be safe, I’m going to stick to goldfish crackers because I know all of the 1 year olds can have those. Anyway, I found the most adorable idea on Pinterest. You make your own fish bowl out of heavy cardstock, then you place it in cellophane bag, and fill with goldfish. The valentine message is: Will you “O’fish’ally be my Valentine?! Adorable! I’m going to work on this over the weekend. I already have a TON of cardstock. A box of goldfish doesn’t cost more than a few dollars and I can get the cellophane bags for $1 at Dollar General. Easy peasy! In addition to that, I’m going to make a heart shaped fruit pizza. I’m keeping it very simple, so the cost is low. I just need sugar cookie dough for the base, cream cheese cool whip as the icing (sauce), and sliced banana and strawberry as toppings. I’m going to drizzle some chocolate sauce over the fruit as an added bonus, but I already have that at home, so it isn’t costing me anything extra. Let’s hope I’m able to make the dough into a heart without ruining it. That’s the only part that I’m worried about. If it doesn’t look right, I’ll just make it into a circle and call it a day. For the teachers, I’m making chalkboard mugs. All I have to do is buy $1 mugs from Dollar General and porcelain chalkboard paint. I’m not painting the entire mug. I’m only painting a heart on each mug to keep with the Valentine’s day theme. I’m going to attach a piece of chalk with twine to each mug, write “#1 teacher” inside of the heart, wrap in cellophane, and top with a ribbon. How cute is that??  I just hope  I don’t mess the heart up! You bake each mug in the oven at 300 degrees for 30 minutes to set. Another Pinterest idea! I think they’ll absolutely love them. I’d like to make one for myself if I have enough chalkboard paint leftover.

 

Emerson is assigned so snack day on February 9th. I don’t want to go over the top because the Valentine’s Day party is the same week. I was thinking of putting together a Valentine’s inspired snack mix with pink frosted animal crackers, plain chex cereal, and strawberry yogurt covered cheerios. I can put it into a nice, valentine’s day box and have the teachers distribute for snack. I already have cheerios at home, so I’ll just need to coat in yogurt and freeze, get some animal crackers, and chex, which is fairly cheap. It’ll be easy to eat for the kids, semi-healthy, and festive.

 

As for me on Valentine’s Day, I’ll be wearing the same Valentine’s day shirt that I’ve worn the last 3-4 years. It’s sort of my tradition. I always watch the movie, “Valentine’s Day”. It’s one of my favorites. I’ll make some kind of heart-shaped dinner for Emerson and I that night. Valentine’s Day is one of my favorite holidays. Even when I’m single, it is still my favorite. I just love it! I think it’s absolutely adorable. I don’t even like it for all of the romantic reasons. I just love pink, hearts, and cuteness. It’s even more exciting with Emerson. I need to put together something for he and Kodie. Dollar General has so many cute things for $1. I’ll do something small and simple for both of them. All Kodie cares about is having a stuffed animal to rip apart!

 

This weekend, I’d love to do Emerson’s next photo shoot. I’d like to incorporate some Valentine’s day things into it just to be festive, but I’m not specifically doing it for Valentine’s Day. I want to a cooking themed photo shoot. I plan on boiling up a pot of Spaghetti noodles, putting Emerson in a big ol pot of it, and snapping some adorable shots. I hope it comes out the way I envision it in my mind. In addition to that, I’d like to add in some baking shots as well. A little flour on his nose, mixing bowl, spatula, and a jar of Candy Hearts to incorporate Valentine’s Day. Again, I hope this comes out the way I envision it! The good thing is I do it for fun, so usually my expectations are set pretty low. We usually spend MAYBE 10 minutes tops taking photos, so Emerson doesn’t get too bored. I like getting the candid shots because I think they look better. Let’s hope my vision comes to life! I don’t plan on doing any crazy background, or anything. Just white with props. I’ll post pictures afterwards.

 

Okay, that’s about all I have for now. I hope everyone has a really nice weekend if I don’t update!

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: