Monday, February 23, 2015

Mummy is really tired!


This weekend was pretty relaxing. On Friday, I was able to make it to the grocery store. I was so glad. We were out of everything. I got everything we needed down to diapers and wipes. We should be good for the next two weeks. Emerson and I just hung out at home on Friday night. I made pizza. I even drank a beer! I haven’t drank in months and months. It’s just not worth it to me. The craziest thing is people scrutinize me for it. It isn’t that I’m against being a mother and having an adult beverage. I’m just funny about alcohol now. I’m very afraid that it’ll make me sleepy and I won’t wake up if Emerson needs me in the middle of the night. Yes, I know. That sounds extremely crazy to live my life based on what COULD happen, but it’s just the way I feel. Also, alcohol gives me a sour stomach and makes me feel sick sometimes even after just a few sips. It isn’t worth it to me to feel sick.  I need to be 100% all of the time because I only have myself to rely on. Anyway, I had a pumpkin beer stashed in the back of my refrigerator from October. It wasn’t that good, but then again, I have no taste for alcohol. On top of that, because I have such a tight budget, I’d rather spend the little bit of extra money I have on other things. Maybe one day my perspective will change and I’ll allow myself to buy my favorite wine again. Who knows. It’s usually the last thing I think about when I’m running errands and making lists. Needless to say, I resorted to an old beer that has been hibernating in my refrigerator all winter. It wasn’t even worth it though!

 

Saturday, the roads weren’t that great. It snowed…Shocker! We hung out at home all day. I boiled 6 different pots of noodles and made them all different colors! Emerson had a rainbow pasta lunch complete with a cloud shaped slice of bread and cheese shaped like gold! Super cute and fun. That’ll be a recipe to use when I’m trying to review colors with him! For snack, I made a bear face on his graham crackers with peanut butter, bananas, and chocolate chips. Breakfast was also fun. I used a waffle and made an ice cream cone using banana and strawberries! For dinner, I cooked a chili corn dog casserole that did not disappoint. I’m so glad I picked up double ingredients, so that I can make it again next week. I’ve been having so much fun lately cooking for us. It’s something I really enjoy. I’m trying to find little joys for myself throughout the day within the tasks that I have to do. Fortunately, cooking makes me so happy, so it’s almost like I’m doing a  hobby within an obligation if that makes sense.

 

Sunday, Emerson and I headed to my parent’s house. I had my brakes changed and did our laundry. We played for hours too. It was a lot of fun. Emerson tore up my parent’s house! He slept so well last night too. I didn’t. I was up at 2am and ended up just staying awake. I’m pretty tired right now, but trying to not dwell on it. I hope he sleeps well tonight, so that I can catch up on some sleep. I just have such a hard time shutting my brain down sometimes. I have so many worries and so many things that I want and need to do. On top of that, I stare at Em when he’s sleeping. He is so freaking adorable! He’s on the move so much these days that I only really get this quiet, sweet time when he’s conked out.

 

Tomorrow night is parent conferences at daycare. We also have to send in snack too. I’ll be making that tonight. Oh, I also booked an appointment for Emerson to have his pictures taken on march 6th. Usually, I take all of his pictures myself, but there was an amazing deal at a studio near us that I couldn’t pass up. I’d like to be in some of the photos too, so I thought this would be a good opportunity. We never get nice photos taken together. Usually, it’s a selfie that I’m taking. I’m so excited for that! See, I’d rather spend my money on this over wine anyday!

 

Alright, I have to get some things done and I have to pump. yes, I’m still pumping and nursing. Some days I pump more than others. It just depends on how busy I am. I’m happy that I’m still producing though. Emerson gets regular milk and water too. He’s a happy, growing boy and he has a great appetite!

 

Okay, I hope you all have a super week!

 

No comments: