Friday, May 30, 2014

Mummys been busy!!!!

It’s been three days since my last blog! Life has just been so busy that I haven’t gotten a chance to write anything. Work is insane. On top of my regular responsibilities, I’m working on a project that is very time consuming. I love it though and I’m very happy that I was chosen to do this process. I’ve been working in the office as well, but today I’m at home. The baby is in daycare and the dog is by my side. I went to the Laundromat this morning, so all of our clothes are clean once again. I hope I actually have time to put them away this week. Last week, I was pulling clean clothes out of a basket. I hate doing that. I ended up having to iron just about everything the baby and I wore.

We have a reveal party to go to tomorrow. I am really excited for my friend, Erin! I can’t wait to find out what she’s having. Her pregnancy was unexpected, but she is still with the father. He just moved into her house, so they seem to be getting along well. I hope that continues for her. I know how those pregnancy hormones can be. I can say they are not scarce for her either, but as long as he is supportive and understanding, I am more than sure they’ll make it through just fine. Emerson and I will be heading over to help her celebrate. She invited my old roommate though. I have no issues with her at all, but she stopped being my friend when I moved out and into my own apartment exactly 2 years ago. I felt bad leaving, but I had no lease and I told her a month in advance. She had the worst attitude in the world and it was honestly horrible living with someone like that. Erin used to live with her too and ended up leaving in a huff because of the same reason, so I know it wasn’t just me feeling that way. Erin warned her that I’d be coming, so I hope she isn’t a bitch. I don’t think she will be, but I also hope it isn’t awkward. More importantly, I hope Emerson is happy and not cranky!

Emerson’s still teething. I really thought this tooth would have been all the way in by now! It’s creeping in SLOWLY. I’ve pretty much tried everything to give him comfort from teething rings, Hyland’s teething tabs, a wash cloth to chew on, and even Tylenol. He’s so cranky from it, but getting better. Last night, we went to bed pretty early. He woke up periodically moaning and whining. My poor baby. We both got ample sleep though, so I can’t complain too much. I just hope he’s not miserable tomorrow. I can’t wait for him to meet some of my friends!!

Other than the reveal party, we have nothing else going on. My parents are supposed to be having their pool put in this weekend, so we’ll stop by after the reveal and then bring the dog over on Sunday for dinner. Tonight, we have nothing planned other than hanging out at home. I’m pretty tired. Kodie is really upset with me today. I fell asleep last night and left her downstairs alone. She was shaking so badly this morning! This dog has the craziest separation anxiety!

I have to pay daycare when I pick Emerson up today. I’m paying for the entire month of June. It’s easier for me to pay for the entire month instead of every week. I budget on a monthly basis, so this is just what works for us. My sister is starting to work nights once my nephew’s school is out for the summer, so next month, she is going to watch Emerson for 3 days. Daycare is closed one day for mandatory training, so I’m taking that day off of work. I’ll only have to pay for 16 days of daycare, which equates to $604. It is so insane how expensive it is. I don’t qualify for any assistance either, so it all falls on my shoulders. When he turns a year old, the rate should decrease a bit, which will be awesome! It doesn’t go down THAT much, but every dollar helps.

I upped Emerson’s bottles again. It sounds crazy that he’s eating 6oz bottles now, but this kid is never satisfied! The past two days I’ve sent 4 6oz bottles to daycare for him. Yesterday, he only ate 3 of those bottles, so there was an extra 6oz bottle left there to use today. Usually, he eats 4 5oz bottles, which totals to 20oz. Yesterday, he ate 3 6oz bottles, which equates to 18oz. He ended up eating 2oz less than he typically does, so I won’t panic that he is eating 6oz at a time now. He went 5 hours between feedings that day and took a 3 hour nap. As long as I am able to pump enough to send 6oz bottles, I’ll continue doing so. He has a doctor’s appointment on Tuesday night to get his 4 month shots, so I’ll ask about cereal, fruits/veggies, and about the amount he’s eating. The last time he was weighed, he was at 14lbs! I bet he’s about 16lbs now. I’m not going to panic though. He seems pretty tall for his age. Plus, once he starts moving around more, all of this weight should fall off. He’s a healthy, growing boy and I couldn’t be more proud of myself because I’m producing the milk he’s eating. Go mama!

Alright, I don’t have very much else to update on. I hope everyone has a really nice weekend. Enjoy the weather and enjoy your family!








No comments: