Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Mummy's Excitement!

Yesterday was very uneventful and I couldn’t be happier! No skunks, snakes, or seizures! We made it through Monday unscathed. Thank goodness. I’ve had enough of excitement for a really long time. The only kind I want is the good kind! The dog is still stinky though. Her face seems more irritated, but I don’t want to make it worse by putting more chemicals on her face. I’m going to let it heal up and pray that the smell and blisters go away quickly.

There was one exciting thing that happened yesterday. EMERSON ROLLED OVER! We’ve been practicing a lot and he finally was able to flip himself from his belly onto his back! I was able to record it too! I couldn’t be more proud. He did it about 5-6 times, so I know it wasn’t a fluke. I was so excited. I started screaming and then realized I wasn’t filming! I panicked that he wouldn’t do it again, but on command, my boy rolled! Such a proud mama moment! I sent his dad the video of him rolling, but he ignored it. I wasn’t too shocked. He ignores everything because he doesn’t care about Emerson, but at least I make the effort. COUGH COUGH LOSER COUGH COUGH!

After all of the excitement, we went out into the backyard with Kodie. I don’t entirely trust her now after the skunk and snake. I saw no snakes, which was good. The baby ended up falling asleep when we were outside, so I sat down and watched Kodie play for about 40 minutes. It was such a nice night too. Afterwards, I gave the baby a bath, boob, then bed. I was woken up in the middle of the night by a terrible storm though. The baby didn’t seem to be too phased. He didn’t even flinch. I heard Kodie barking though. She still isn’t allowed to sleep upstairs. I need her face to stink less before I allow her in bed with me!

This morning was pretty routine. I got up early, got ready, took care of the dog, diaper bag, and my work bag. I let the baby sleep until about 5:40am before waking him, diapering, dressing, feeding, and then dropping him at daycare. I caught the 6:20am bus. After work, I plan on stopping home, so that I can let the dog out and put away the laundry. I never put any of our laundry away after I washed it on Friday. I don’t want to leave clothes in the baskets for too long. Everything is so wrinkled now and I’ve had to iron anything we wear. I ironed a pencil skirt for myself this morning and was told by a co-worker that I have great legs! That was a nice surprise! I’m terribly pale from lack of tanning, but I did use some air brush leg make-up this morning, so I wasn’t looking too much like Casper’s twin. I can’t wait until the weather is steady enough for me to lay out and actually get some sun. When I say lay out, I mean play with Emerson in his pool. My days of laying out are probably over now! That’s okay. Laying out was always kind of boring by myself. At least I’ll get some sun and I’ll have fun, while doing it!

This weekend, my sister and nephew are supposed to come over to cook out and have a fire. It’ll be nice. I’m excited. They haven’t hung out at my house since I moved in. It’ll be a nice change of pace. I figure we can cook, make some drinks, and hang out until I have to bath the baby and put him down to sleep. At that point, they can hang out until I get him down and then I can re-join them. We were thinking of inviting a few of our friends over too. Obviously this isn’t going to be an all-night thing, but I wouldn’t mind having a small get together. I’m not entirely comfortable not going to sleep at the same time as Emerson. The good thing is the next day is Saturday and we have no plans, so hopefully I can nap when he naps.

Okay, that’s about all I have for today. I’m meeting my friend for lunch, so that I can take a walk with him. The weather is supposed to be really nice!!!! Happy Tuesday, all!





No comments: