Monday, May 12, 2014

MUMMY'S FIRST MUMMY'S DAY

Sunday:

I woke up on Mother’s Day in a good mood. I decided to not let the prior day’s antics ruin my very first mummy’s day. I woke up around 6am and checked my phone. I had a text from my mum inviting me to mother’s day on Sunday. The text wasn’t very nice, so I ignored it. If you’re going to invite someone over after being a complete jerk the day before, at least ask nicely and follow up with an apology! I went downstairs, let the dog out (still has a stinky face) washed the dishes, and then made myself mother’s day breakfast.

I let myself feel sad for a few minutes. Not sad because I’m not in a relationship for someone to make me breakfast and feel special on Mother’s Day. I was just upset that I knew I wasn’t getting a cute gift from the baby because no one took the time to take him from me to actually make something. I knew I’d have to see all of the wonderful things that my friends’ kid’s husbands/people in their lives had the kids make for them and I was a little bit jealous and upset. I got over it pretty quickly though because I knew we were going to have a great day regardless. We had our adorable matching shirts to wear and the weather was going to be beautiful. Gifts aren’t really important anyway. It’s more about the baby. He’s the best gift of all. I finished making breakfast, eating, and then doing the dishes yet again. I spared Kodie by not bathing her for a 5th time. It was mother’s day and I felt I should give myself a slight break. I did treat the house again with deskunking solution. I’ll end up doing that until all of the stuff runs out. The live enzymes expire, so it’s better to just use it all up instead of leaving it sit around going bad. The baby slept awhile longer, but when he finally woke up, he gave me the BIGGEST smile. We played for a while. After feeding him, I put him down for a morning nap, so that I could get ready for the day. Heck, I even straightened my hair!

I got a text from my dad and a million other people wishing me a Happy Mother’s Day. I even got a text from my mother sans an apology! I reciprocated and told her the same. The baby woke around 9am. We played for a while. He got hungry and tired a few hours later, so I figured I’d feed him once more before we went to my parent’s house. At that point, I hadn’t responded to the text yet letting my mom know we were coming, but it was mother’s day morning. I wasn’t worrying about my phone. I was playing with the baby. I got a text around 11:20am asking if we were still coming. At that point, the baby and I were both taking a nap. He had fallen asleep on the boob and I dosed off shortly after. Around 11:25am, she texted again with a snotty message saying “Whatever” I wrote back when I woke up explaining that we fell asleep and that yes, we were coming, but her texts were very rude. I got the baby up and dressed in our matching shirts and we headed out the door. Somewhere between my house and my parent’s house, my tire went flat AGAIN. I am REALLY sick of my stupid tire!

When we pulled up, I saw Nikki’s car outside. I was beyond shocked. I figured with everything that happened the prior day, she wouldn’t come to mother’s day. I walked in and heard my mom and sister talking. I immediately said I was leaving if anything happened because I didn’t want my first mommy’s day ruined. My mom assured me things were okay. I don’t know what the hell happened, but things went south pretty quickly. All of a sudden, everyone was yelling. My sister said that she is never going to get an apology from myself, or Britt, but the truth is, we both already apologized to her months ago. When Brittany apologized via text, my sister brought up all of this crap again, which ended up starting another fight between the two of them. I’ve tried countless times with her. I don’t know what more that she’d like for us to do. It isn’t us stopping things from mending though. She is the brick wall. My mom was totally out of line though for the texts she sent the prior day and I let Nicole know that I had defended her. It just ended up in a stupid screaming match, which resulted in Nicole leaving.

After she left, we kinda just let it go. Dad was making us a HUGE lunch, the table was decorated with cute plates, flowers, balloons, etc. There were gifts everywhere. I was so surprised when I walked in and saw everything set up. It made me feel a lot better about feeling down earlier. My dad is so amazing and always rises to the occasion. He made all of us mommy’s feel special yesterday. I was glad the big fight didn’t ruin my day. I decided to just let it go and think about it later after we were done celebrating. Dad made homemade mac and these amazing Panini sandwiches. So yum! We also had fresh strawberries and cake. Delish! My dad is so cute. He wrote a card out to me from Emerson. He wrote it left handed, so it looked like a child’s writing. Hahaha. He also bought me some presents from the dog too. It was so cute. I got this adorable hand and footprint kit from the baby. We ended up doing his prints last night. It came out so cute!

After we had lunch and did presents, me and Britt took the kids on the longest walk in the world! We were gone for nearly 2 hours! We walked all the way to the park where we played for a while. We all took turns taking Emerson down the slides. He had such a good time that he conked out in his stroller. Afterwards, we went to get ice cream. It was so much fun! I had a really nice Mother’s Day. I’m glad it wasn’t ruined from all of the craziness.

When we got back, dad told me to take my mom’s car home. He was going to have my tire looked at (we just bought this one) the next day. I said my goodbyes and the baby and I headed to Kmart to get diapers and wipes. I left my wipes at the party the previous day and we were nearly out of diapers. When we got home, I let the dog out…Ugh……

She started barking and was in a defense stance, so I knew something was in the yard. COME ON! I walked into the yard and saw a SNAKE!!!!!!!!!!! I freaked out, screamed, and made her come in the house. What the hell?! The last thing I need is for her to be bitten by a snake. Do I have a snake problem now?! I’m going to have the lawn guys check around for any potential snake holes. I am not killing snakes though. My great yard is turning into a damn nightmare!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so afraid to be in the yard now, or let the dog out! So, we will see about this. I am not happy though!

No comments: