Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Mummy's new do!

I don’t remember if I blogged yet about the mommy group that I started, but I am so excited about it. Our first play date is on June 7th! In the meantime, we are all communicating via a facebook group. It is amazing! I can’t believe how much activity is going on every minute of the day in the group! I like reading everyone’s opinions on varying topics even if we all share different views. There is A LOT that I don’t know about, so getting different perspectives is so helpful. It’s just nice relating to other people too. I am so consumed in mommyhood every day. If I’m not working, then I’m playing mommy and I don’t get a ton of adult interaction. Even if we are just talking about our kids, it’s still nice to talk to other adults!

I got my hair chopped off yesterday! I was so petrified, but I’m glad I made the change. I barely have time to spend on myself as it is, so I figured if I hated it, I probably wouldn’t care too much anyway. Luckily, I do like it and I don’t have to worry about walking around with some funky looking haircut. I feel like a brand new person now! Look for a picture below!

Okay, I can’t even believe I’m going to blog about this, but here it goes….The past few days Kodie has been acting really insane at bedtime. Last night, we were all settled in bed. I was pretty exhausted. I worked from home yesterday, but Britt babysat for me, so I was doing double duty at times. By the time I got back from my hair appointment, I was exhausted plus I didn’t get to eat dinner either. I bathed the baby, fed him some cereal (I’ll blog more about this in a minute), then put us to bed. Just as the baby was dozing off, Kodie FREAKED out. She started barking and growling while staring at the corner of the room from the bed. She scared the hell out of me and the baby. The baby woke up and started to cry. I jumped about 5 feet in the air too! As she continues to growl and bark, I’m getting concerned. Typically, she barks and growls towards the door, or window because she can hear something from the outside. Last night was creepy. She was literally barking at NOTHING! Then, she backed up like something was coming at her and huddled down next to me! It was insane. I had the baby on my right and the dog on my left. Kodie ONLY snuggles under the blanket between my legs, or at the bottom of the bed. She doesn’t like to be cuddled and she definitely NEVER lays with her head near my head. Last night, she was so frightened and wouldn’t leave my side. Just as all three of us were settling back down (kodie still laying on my chest), she was startled by THIN AIR, jumps up, and starts barking and growing again towards the corner of the room! What the hell?!!!!!!! Do I want to think my house is haunted? No, but it is really starting to freak me the hell out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There was NOTHING there. I even got up at one point and turned on the light! So, tonight should be interesting at bedtime. I mean, I already live alone and am scared enough when I hear a noise outside. The last thing I need is to be startled from some weirdness in the house! Let’s just hope tonight goes smoother. This is the second night in a row she’s done this to me.

Okay, so now about this cereal business. I built the baby’s high chair on Monday night and bought cereal for him to try. He’s 4 months old today, so the pediatrician says I can start him on some cereal. I made it way too watery. He absolutely hated it. Last night, I tried again and made it a small bit thicker, but it was still too watery. He liked it at first, but then started to hate it again. Tomorrow at lunch time, my mom is going to show me how to make it and we’re going to try again. I think he’s spurting too. 5oz is not satisfying him. He’s starving even after eating. I definitely need the cereal to help out a little bit. My body is barely keeping up with what he’s getting now!

We have some exciting plans coming up. I’m off Friday-Tuesday. Yay! On Friday, the baby and I are going to hang out with my best friend and her baby in the afternoon. That’ll be fun. I hope the weather is decent. On Saturday, we are just hanging out at home. No big plans. I’d like to clean the house really well and just play out in our yard with the pup. On Sunday, we’re going to a Memorial Day picnic at a friend’s house. That’ll be fun! On Monday, my parents are having a cookout for my birthday and the holiday. Tuesday is my birthday. The baby is going to daycare, but I took the day off of work! I’m going to lay out all day. I can’t wait! The weather is supposed to be gorgeous!

Alright, I hope everyone is enjoying their week so far. It’s hump day! It’s almost over!


Before and after














No comments: