Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Mummy's little stinker

Nothing too exciting occurred yesterday. More of the same. After work, I went home, let the dog out, cleaned up a bit, and hauled my air conditioner from the basement into my bedroom window. That sucker was heavy, but I did it! It was 88 degrees yesterday. The temperature is supposed to drop over the weekend, but at least it’s in the window now and I won’t have to worry about it. Anyway, it wasn’t extremely cold in my bedroom, but it was suitable to sleep in and a lot better than the sauna that the rest of the house was. I even let Kodie sleep in bed with me. She was panting and so hot yesterday, so I would have felt bad leaving her downstairs. Her face is a lot less stinky now! I think we are reaching the tail-end of this skunk nightmare. I’m hoping that’s the last of it. I am so paranoid anytime I let her outside, especially this morning. Today is garbage day. We all know garbage brings skunks, but I have to let the dog out! I investigated first, but it is so dark at 5am. I can’t see anything past the porch, so I just had to pray that nothing was waiting to get her.

When I picked the baby up, daycare let me know that he hadn’t eaten one of his bottles. I was so happy. That meant less pumping for me last night because I only had to send 3 bottles today. Wahoo! He napped a lot yesterday, so that’s why he ate less. Anyway, when we got home, I sterilized and cleaned bottles, ate dinner, and then fed Emerson. After he ate, he napped for a bit and then we played outside until bath, boob, and bed. I got to watch some of the Tori Spelling special they are airing on Lifetime too! I am absolutely addicted to this show. It’s going to suck when it’s over!

This morning was a mess! I changed Emerson’s diaper and clothes and let him fall back to sleep until we had to leave. Anyway, as I was carrying him down the stairs, he threw up so badly! His entire outfit was completely soaked and so was the left side of me. I had to change him and wipe him down. I didn’t have time to change my clothes though, so I’m a little bit stinky at work. Oh well! He was clean. That’s all I care about! I was supposed to have a health screening today at 11am. You have to fast for it. Yeah right! I am nursing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot fast right now. For one, I will literally pass out because my blood sugar plummets so quickly, plus my breast milk supply would suffer. I ended up changing it until June 11th. I have a 7:40am appointment that day. I can handle that. There is no way I could handle not eating for an entire morning! I’m a happy girl now after eating my waffles, bagel, and coffee! Yum!

My older sister (Nikki) and younger sister (Britt) reconciled. I’m happy! I haven’t spoken to Nikki, but I don’t have her phone number to do so. She got a new phone and number awhile back. I don’t want to ask my mom, or Britt for it because I’m afraid Nikki will get mad at them all over again for distributing her phone number out. The last thing I want is to make her mad at them again!!!! I did try to text her before she changed her number, but she ignored it, so I’m not sure that she’d even respond if I did have her phone number now. I don’t know to what degree they are reconciled, or if they are talking, etc, but I am glad that Britt apologized to Nikki again and that she accepted. That’s good news, right?? I know Britt and my mom are worried about her not talking to me, but I told them to not worry about me. I was just happy that she was talking to them and that maybe one day she won’t dislike me and Emmie. I guess we will see.


I’m ready for this week to be over. I’m getting my hair all chopped off on Tuesday! I am so nervous, but excited. I haven’t had my hair cut/dyed since January. It’s so gross. It’s my birthday present to myself. I’ve been extra careful with money, so that I can afford to get my hair done. I know I’ll have buyer’s remorse the second I do it, but I am about due and it’s not a sin to do something nice for yourself here and there! I don’t know why I always feel like I have to justify myself. If all of my bills are paid, food is on the table, and the baby has what he needs, then why can’t I do something for myself? Anyway, I plan on keeping the baby home from daycare Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of next week to catch a break. Britt is on vacation, so she is going to babysit. I’ll be working from home, but she will still be caring for him. This way, I won’t have to pump and I can just breastfeed him all day. She will take care of him outside of feedings, which sounds like a good deal to me! On Thursday and Friday, Emerson is going to daycare. I’ll be in the office on Thursday, but I took Friday off! My second birthday gift to myself is a day to lay out and tan! I’m hoping the weather is nice! If it isn’t, then I’ll keep him home from daycare on Friday, but send him on Tuesday and just do my layout day then.

I can’t believe I’ll be 31 in two weeks. Last year, I had a 30th birthday tailgate. I had a hunch that I was pregnant (which I was), but it hadn’t been confirmed yet, so in my mind, nothing had changed. Things have definitely changed since that time last year! I can say with confidence though that I am so much happier now than I was last year. Last year, I was so unsure about my relationship and really wanted out of it. I felt stuck though because I had paid for an expensive vacation that I couldn’t be refunded on, so I planned on sticking it out until after that, then re-evaluating. It turns out that I got pregnant, so of course, I scrambled to try to make it work because of that. That is a bad excuse to want to keep a relationship though and I’m glad that it didn’t work out. In the end, I would have been more miserable! Clearly, I hit the nail on the head with my true perception of that person considering he wants nothing to do with his son. Hindsight, right? Too bad I didn’t realize that before I started to date him! Oh well, I got my Emmie Pie out of the deal!

Alright, I am going to end this now. I don’t have much more to say today. I’m glad. Emerson and I need some uneventful days. We had enough excitement last week!

No comments: