Friday, June 13, 2014

Happy Father's Day, Single Moms!

The food trials are going well, but Emerson had some kind of weird rash this morning. I wouldn’t even call it a rash. It almost looked like bug bites. I’ll see how it is after daycare today, but we might be making an unplanned visit to the doctor tomorrow. I really hope we don’t have to, but I don’t want to take my chances. I don’t think it’s a food allergy though. I’d assume if he was allergic to the carrots he had last night something would have shown up sooner. We will see. Sigh. He’s going to give his mother a heart attack!

I just finished paying some bills. Ouch. Rent, water, electric, gas, and one day of daycare that we were behind. We have one more day to pay before we’re caught up with daycare. I’m waiting until the end of the month to pay that though. They have enough of my money already. They want to begin billing me full-time instead of part-time, but at the end of the month, you only end up paying for the number of days that he attended. That’s fine with me. I don’t really care as long as I am not paying for more than what he’s going. Mummy can’t afford that!

Tonight, we are watching a movie in the park. I’m excited. After I’m done working, I’m heading to pick Emerson up, feeding him dinner (carrots again), putting both of us in jammies, and then heading to pick up my sister to go to the park. I know he’s too young to really understand movies, etc, but it’s nice for us to get out and do things together. I thought this was a good opportunity. It’s also free. I like that part!

After I picked Emerson up from daycare yesterday, we headed to my parent’s house for a bit. That’s where he had his first taste of carrots. He absolutely loved them and basically inhaled every bite. Afterwards, we went home, he had a bath, boob, then bed. He slept from about 8:15pm-1am. He was up for a small bit, but then right back down until I woke him at 6am. Not too bad. Apparently those carrots filled him enough to sleep two long stretches! I wasn’t complaining!

I feel like we have so much to do tomorrow. We have a lot of errands to run. We need to pick up the ingredients for the dishes that I’m making for father’s day, pick up the veggies and fruit for the rest of Emerson’s food trial, pick up a few household items (garbage bags, toothpaste, shampoo, etc), and pick up the supplies to make my dad’s father’s day gifts. After we get home, I need to clean, plus we need to cook the food for Sunday and make the gifts. I know it doesn’t seem like a lot, but when you have to stop in between to take care of a baby, the smallest tasks turn into huge ordeals. I want to get a pretty early start, so after Emerson has breakfast, we’re heading out. We’ll be back for lunch, then hopefully he takes a nap, so that I can clean up the backyard and house. I need to dust, clean the bathroom, vacuum, and mop the floors.

I dread going into the yard and letting Kodie out there. I’m still so freaked out and disgusted over the skunks. We’ve had a lot of rain over the last few days, so I’m hoping it washed away anything that might have been left behind from the skunks. My grass is being cut on Monday. I can’t wait. With all of this rain, it grew so much. I can’t wait until Kodie can run freely in the yard again. I’m still going to block the shed off, so she can’t crawl underneath of it. She is getting a bath tomorrow too, so I don’t want her getting all dirty outside. (I sound like such a mom!)

I still haven’t figured out exactly what I want to do for Emerson’s half birthday. I definitely think I’ll invite the family over to my house for a cookout. We’ll do cake, let him smash into it, and just hang out for the day. It’ll be nice to have my family over to my house. They don’t really stop by often. We usually come to them. My friend is coming to visit me and the baby on Monday, so that’ll be nice. Daycare is closed on Monday, so I took the day off. I’m bringing the baby into work to visit though. I haven’t quite figured out our timeline for that. I hate driving into the city. I want to go when traffic will be light. Parking will definitely be scarce. If we go too late, all of the garages near my building will be full I’m sure. I don’t want to park too far away. I want him to be happy when we arrive, so that means after he eats in the morning, we need to jump in the car and head down. I don’t plan on having a very long visit. I’d like to get down there and visit before his next feeding. I’m excited though. He is such a cutie, so it’ll be nice to show him off a bit. I do worry though. His father is friends with this mean bitch that I used to be friends with. She works right next to the people that I am coming to visit. She’s a weirdo, so I just don’t want her relaying everything back to him. Not that I keep anything secret from him. I send pictures and updates, which he continues to ignore. I just think she is a fucking bitch for staying friends with him and being rude to me, yet he abandoned his own kid. I don’t want her looking at Emerson at all! I fucking despise this bitch!

ANYWAY, I’m hoping to log some pool time on Sunday. It’s supposed to be 83 degrees! The baby still isn’t ready for pool time yet. That water is still freezing. We need some HOT nights before the water warms up. I’ll put him in his swing in the shade though and he’ll be good to go. He loves being outside! He’s just like his mama. Alright, that’s about all I have for today. I hope everyone has a really nice weekend. Happy Father’s Day to all of the mom’s playing both roles! You gals deserve it more than anyone!








No comments: