Monday, June 2, 2014

Mummy's boring

This weekend was really nice. Busy, but nice. On Friday, we did absolutely nothing after I picked the baby up from daycare. It was a long week, so we went to bed early. On Saturday, we headed over to my friend’s reveal party. She’s having a little girl. It was really nice. My old roommate was there and ignored us the entire time. Awkward. Oh well. I’m glad it wasn’t that bad with her there. The girl is 37 years old. She needs to grow up already. Anyway, after the reveal party, we went over to my parent’s house. I ate dinner while my mom and dad played with the baby. We hung out there before going home to let the dog run in the yard for a while before bedtime. On Sunday, we headed back over to my parent’s house. They set their new pool up. It is huge! It took pretty much all day, but the pool is being filled now. I can’t wait to see it completely done and ready to go! It was a nice weekend though. I got some sun too! I also made everyone dinner: Chicken salad sandwiches and tortellini pasta salad. Amazing!

We didn’t started the week off very well though. I woke up late this morning. Ugh! I ended up getting on a later bus. I was only 30 minutes later than usual, but I’ll end up having to make that time up tomorrow when I work from home. I have no idea why the hell my alarm didn’t go off at 4:20am. Instead, it started ringing around 6am. I hope this doesn’t happen tomorrow. If it does, at least I’m working from home with no commute.

I sent the baby to daycare with 4 5oz bottles today. I decided to not send 6oz bottles. He has a doctor’s appointment tomorrow night for his 4 month shots, so I’ll ask about rice cereal and all of my food related questions then. I just wonder if sending 6oz is okay to span his feedings out to 4-5 hours instead of doing 5oz bottles and having him eat every 3oz. The only bad thing about 6oz bottles is that I have to entertain him longer between feedings. That’s not always easy to do. He does end up napping some of that time, but with breastfeeding, I can’t tell what he’s getting anyway, so he usually eats every 3 hours when he’s with me. The hardest part about being a new mom is anything food related. Knowing if I am giving too much and too often always seems to be such a challenge. He’s a chunker too. He’s probably over 14lbs at this point. I’ll just make sure that’s okay and we aren’t on the fast track to obesity. I’m sure it’s okay. He’ll end up losing it when he starts moving around. I just want to make sure I am not overfeeding him. I heard you can’t overfeed a breastfed baby, so we will see about that!

Aside from the doctor’s, we don’t have much going on this week. I need to go grocery shopping tomorrow after work. I’m doing laundry before I log in on Wednesday. Our first play date for my mommy group is on Saturday. I can’t wait! I need to pick up some snacks for that. We are all meeting at the local park. I hope I get a decent turn out. Emerson can’t really do much at the park, but hanging out with other mommies and talking will be nice! Afterwards, we are just heading over to my parent’s house. It’s going to be beautiful this weekend, so I definitely want to log some pool time.

Alright, that’s about all I have today. I like when things are mellow like this. I’m hoping we have a pretty docile week. Let’s hope these shots on Tuesday night do not make him sick and super cranky. Tylenol and motrin will be my new best friends!


No comments: