Monday, June 30, 2014

Mummy's staycation

This weekend was action packed! We had an awesome time at the wedding on Friday! Everything went smoothly. The family was so excited to meet Emerson. We had so much fun hanging out with everyone. We stayed for almost 4 hours (5-9pm). It was awesome seeing how happy my cousin is. The wedding was beautiful. They planned it kind of last minute, so I was shocked to see all of the beautiful décor and everything that was set up. Everyone looked so nice! Afterwards, Emerson and I went home. He had a bath, then we both went to bed. It was such a nice day. It was so fun dressing up too. That doesn’t happen very often! Emerson was the best wedding date a gal could ask for! We were both beat by the time we went to bed and slept very well!

On Saturday, we slept in a bit. I was so shocked to wake up seeing 8:00am on my clock! That never happens. Emerson was all smiles and absolutely adorable. I love waking up to that smile! We headed over to my parent’s house around 2pm. They were having friends over for a cookout. Before we went to their house, we went to Kmart to buy Emerson a float for the pool. ADORABLE! It’s a rescue boat that has a canopy to shield the sun. I got it for $9.74! I couldn’t beat the price. We swam all day. It was awesome and he absolutely loved it. I’m so glad we have a float for him for the rest of the summer. It makes pool time a lot better because he can go in with me now. We had a great time hanging out, eating, and catching up with my parent’s friends. We stayed pretty late. It was nearly 9pm when we left. We headed home, took care of Kodie, bath, boob, bed. Not too shabby for a Saturday!

Sunday, Emerson and I headed to a wedding reception at the park near my parent’s house. We went with my sister and nephew. It was a lot of fun. Em and I only stayed for 3 hours though. Afterwards, we headed over to my parent’s house for dinner. We had a nice time. Dad grilled out and we played and talked to my mum. Afterwards, we headed to Walmart. I had to buy diapers. Emerson had sweet corn casserole for dinner when we got home. He absolutely loved it!

We did have a few hiccups this weekend…

On Saturday, I dropped my IPhone and cracked the screen. I’m due for an upgrade in October, so I guess I’ll just deal with it until then, but man. It does suck. I’m not going to lie. After that, I had the biggest blonde moment. After going to the grocery store, my sister and I came out to get into my car. I noticed a new dent. I immediately blamed it on my dad and assumed it happened when he was driving my car. My sister noticed an old dent had been fixed. At the same time, I couldn’t get into my car. The keychain lock wasn’t working and neither was the key. We were both scratching our heads until Britt realized…DUH, THIS ISN’T YOUR CAR!!!!!!! Lmfao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 5 minutes of trying to get into the wrong vehicle. Thank goodness the owner didn’t have an alarm. Too funny!

There has been another weird thing happening since Friday night. I’ve been getting text messages from someone named “milk”. I have no idea who “milk” is. On Friday night, I got a text asking where I was. I ignored it. Later, I got a text asking if “we” made it okay. Um, no idea. I didn’t have that number stored in my phone. The sender said “It’s milk” Last night, this person called my phone FOUR times. I was PISSED. Clearly, my phone doesn’t need to be ringing off the hook at 1am. I have a baby that is sleeping! So, this morning, I asked the sender who they were. “Milk” I wrote back and said, “Well Milk He apologized. I took to facebook and asked if anyone knew who this mysterious “milk” was. My cousin’s wife responded and said her son’s nickname is milk, but she doubted that it was him. I told her the first 6 digits of his number…BINGO. Mystery solved. ”Milk” ended up being my cousin. LOL I gave him my phone number on Friday when he came to my parent’s house to pick up cookies and drink dispensers for the wedding. I guess he must have had me confused with his friend. I am still laughing. I feel bad for reaming him out, but I don’t mess around when it comes to Emerson’s sleep!

Today, Britt is babysitting for me. My mum is also here, so it’s nice. They can both help each other out. Britt didn’t start watching Emerson until 10am. I fed him and he slept for over 2 hours. He’s due for a nap pretty soon though. I hope they put him down for one, so he’s not cranky. Anyway, this week isn’t going to be too exciting. I’m in the office on Tuesday, but home on Wednesday. I’m doing laundry and grocery shopping that day. Friday, the office is closed for the 4th of July. I took off Monday and Tuesday, so I literally have 5 days in a row to spend with Emerson! I am so excited! We’re kicking off our staycation at my parent’s house for the 4th of July. Swimming, food, fun, and fireworks. I cannot wait. Emerson has four 4th of July outfits too. My mom went a little overboard. LOL She also bought me a really cute tank to wear, so we’ll be all festive. They have a lot of fireworks and décor too. I’m so excited. I can’t wait!

We’ll probably log more pool time between Saturday and Sunday too as long as the weather is nice. I’m going to see if my best friend wants to take the babies to the animal park on Monday. Tuesday, we’ll probably log some more pool time and maybe go down to the waterfront to walk around. I can’t wait to spend all of these days with him! My mom is off of work too, so she’s going to babysit him a few times next week for me, so I can save on daycare. I’m just really excited and cannot wait for this week to be over, so we can begin our mini staycation!!!!

Alright, that’s about all I have for now. Have a great week, all!

No comments: