Monday, June 23, 2014

Mummy's not ignoring you!

Well, the weekend was really nice. Friday, we did nothing, but hung at home. We went to bed early, so that was nice. On Saturday, we went to a graduation party. We had such a good time. Emerson was a charmer during the party. Afterwards, we went to my parent’s house and hung out until about 9pm. Sunday, we swam all day and brought the dog with us. She swam too! We were all three pooped last night by the time we got home around 7pm. It was bath time, boob, then bed!

Today is the last day that my sister is babysitting Emerson this month. I brought over all of his swim stuff, so she could take him swimming today. His stroller is here too in case she wants to take him on a walk. I’m so appreciative that she’s been helping me out, so that I can save a little money on daycare. Next month, my mom is babysitting 2 days, I’m off two days, and I have Britt down for two days. This way, I only have to send him to daycare for 13 days. We will save a little bit of money!

We have a busy week ahead! Tomorrow, Emerson and I have to run to the craft store to buy the supplies we need to make a gift for my cousin’s wedding on Friday. We’re making the most adorable gift! I’ll take pictures, but you print out the wedding song lyrics and frame them. Then, over top of that, you cut out a tree and then hang two red hearts from it with the first letters of the couple’s name! I found it on pinterest and will literally cost me $5.00 to make, but it looks more expensive than that. Then, we are buying two pillow cases/pillows (very cheap from Walmart) and iron on letters. I’m going to put You complete me across both pillows! Adorable! I’ll package it up very nicely in a gift bag for them. I know it’s DIY gifts, but they are very adorable. I think my cousin will greatly appreciate the gesture.

On Saturday, my parents are having a cookout at their house. Their friends from Texas are coming in! It’ll be a fun time. Everyone is so excited to meet Emerson. I can’t wait! We aren’t doing anything for that aside from showing up all ready to swim! On Sunday, friends from Nebraska are coming in, so my sister, nephew, Emerson, and I are all heading to our friend’s mom’s wedding reception. It should be fun. It’s at the park right down the street from my parent’s house. Busy weekend! Lots of fun coming up. Aside from shopping tomorrow for our supplies, we don’t have too much going on. I need to do laundry so badly. It’s been about 1.5 weeks. I’m working from home on Friday though, so I’ll go after I drop Emerson at daycare. By that time, we are going to have about 3-4 loads. I need to wash sheets and blankets too. Sigh. It’s going to be a big laundry day!

I wanted to address something that happened yesterday. I received SEVERAL rude comments because apparently someone thought I was ignoring them after they commented on photos of Emerson that I posted. That isn’t the case at all. Most of the time, I post and I don’t check back for days at a time. I get busy with Emerson and honestly, social media is very low on the priority list. Google+ is lower than my Instagram and facebook because I personally know the people following me on there and I use it to communicate and coordinate plans. I hope no one else is taking it personally when I do not personally respond to your comments. When I post pictures of Emerson, I get a lot of “he’s cute” comments, which I really appreciate, but I don’t personally address each and every comment that I get. There are some moms/people that I met while I was pregnant with Emerson that helped me through a rough time. I do usually respond directly to those people. That doesn’t mean that I don’t appreciate your comment. I do. I just don’t dedicate THAT much time to my social media. Again, I do appreciate all feedback and comments that I get. I respond when I have time. Along with this, I do not use hangout. I had it installed in my phone, but I honestly uninstalled it because A. it was taking up unnecessary space on my phone B. I don’t use it C. I can’t keep up with all of those conversations. Between text messages, emails, and facebook messaging, I barely keep up as it is. I wasn’t keeping up with hangout, so I deleted it. If you message me on there, chances are, I will never respond, so please do not take it personally! I hope I’ve cleared the air here. The person that was upset with me apparently deleted every nice comment she ever posted and blocked me. I just don’t want anyone ever thinking that I am being rude to you on purpose! With all of that said, I am going to end this now. LOL

Have a great week!!!!!!!!!!






No comments: