Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Mummy's skunked- NO MORE!

Well, the landlord caught all of the baby skunks. We all went to bed very early last night. Around 8:45pm, Kodie started freaking out. I looked out the window and saw my landlord and a bunch of other guys hanging around the yard. I guess the neighbors came out to see the skunks. They were in two separate traps. Let’s hope that’s the last of this! He’s coming back this week to fill in the holes around the shed. I hope Kodie doesn’t re-dig them up. After they are filled in, I’ll work on getting a cute, decorative fence to go around it. I just hope no more animals shack up in there. The only true way to know is if something bad happens. I don’t want anything bad happening. We’ve had enough lately! I do need to clean the yard up though Moth balls are lingering, which will make Kodie sick. Plus, it makes me want to puke thinking of her walking around the yard where the skunks were. I’m sure the yard smells up there. My grass is getting cut again on Monday. It definitely needs it. No one is going to want to cut it though until I reassure them all skunks are gone and the yard has been disinfected (however the hell I’m supposed to do that).

I picked Emerson up from daycare and noticed a letter in his mailbox. It was a bill notifying me that I owe $124.50 to the daycare for three days. What?! Of course, I was livid. I just paid for the entire month of June, which was $604! Obviously, I cannot afford $124.50. Remember when I went to pay for May and they told me I had a $75.50 credit? I knew they were wrong, but instead of just overpaying at the time, I let it go. Now, that is coming back to bite me in the ass. I am being billed for that because they made an error on their end. I’m not sure where this additional day is coming from though. I broke out a huge billing summary of what I paid versus how many days he actually went to daycare. Not including June, I do owe them $75.50. If you include my latest payment, I don’t owe anything right now. Instead of having a credit of $302, I will have a credit of $226.50 after the $75.50 is deducted. In any event, I’ll end up owing the $75.50 at the end of the month, but I do NOT owe $124.50. I’m talking to the daycare about this today. I pre-pay for the entire month because it’s easier for me. It pisses me off. I’m barely scraping by as it is and then their error costs me more money. It’s so annoying. I’ve paid $1,925.25 to daycare since Emerson started going on 03/25/2014. That’s for a total of 45 days. The numbers are so baffling and make me sick to my stomach. On top of that, I have to pay to get to work too. I either have to pay gas/parking, or pay to ride the bus. It’s costing me so much money just to work. I can see why people live off of welfare. It’s cheaper! I know that I have to pay it regardless, so I’m going to split it up between this paycheck and my next one on June 27th. This way, I’ll be all squared away before the end of the month. Thank God I keep such good track of everything. I even included a page that has every single date that Emerson has been to daycare. With that, I have every “daily summary” that is provided when I pick him up to correspond with those days.

I’ve paid $1925.25
He’s attended daycare 45 times at $37.75/day/=$1698.75
Credit balance: $226.50


I had my health screening today. My company offers incentives, which drive your cost of healthcare down. Now that Emerson is on my insurance, my rate is higher, so any bit helps. I also get a credit for being a non-smoker. It equates to about $2400 a year off of your premium, which is A LOT. Every paycheck, I get almost $92 deposited back in for the health screening and the non-smoker program. If I didn’t do that, I’d have well over $130 deducted just for our health insurance. With the $92 being credited back, I’m only losing out on about $40.00, which isn’t too bad. Now, next year, the premiums will be higher, but this will still greatly help. Anyway, my numbers looked great. All cholesterol was amazing, blood sugar, blood pressure, bmi, and weight were spot on. Speaking of weight, WOW…I lost another few lbs. I don’t know if I should celebrate, or be a little bit concerned. The last time I was weighed, I was around 116lbs, which was a few weeks ago. Today, I was 112lbs. I’m NOT doing this on purpose. Before I got pregnant, I weighed 130lbs. I am now 18lbs under my pre-pregnancy weight. I’m just worried I’ll end up losing more. I can’t really afford to. I don’t want to end up looking nasty. Again, I realize this is a better problem to have than being heavy, but it scares me a little bit. I do run myself pretty ragged, but I do eat. I eat A LOT. I try to at least get whatever I can in because I don’t have a lot of time. Between running around and breastfeeding/pumping, I guess more is going out than coming in. We’ll see how it goes over the next month, or so. I’d be okay if I plateaued right now. 112lbs is very small. It’s not underweight-yet, but I’m getting pretty close. I just wonder if its normal to lose at this rate??

Father’s day is this weekend. I’m so excited. On Saturday, Emerson and I are going to craft and put my dad’s gifts together, plus make the dishes that we’re bringing over for our Father’s day cookout. We’re making buffalo chicken pasta salad and this amazing strawberry shortcake dessert. Along with that, I bought an adorable iron on decal that says “I love my pap” for Emerson to wear on a white onesie (Let’s hope it comes in the mail soon), a homemade card with Emerson’s hand prints that says “I love you this much”, a Rita’s gift card (he’s addicted to that place), and we are going to buy the ingredients to make root beer floats, but with gelato because dad is absolutely addicted to gelato (hence the reason he’s addicted to Rita’s Italian Ice) and has been dying to try this. We didn’t spend too much money at all, but I know my dad will appreciate everything. The way to a man’s heart is through his stomach, right? Let’s hope so. My dad is awesome, so I just want him to feel like we all really appreciate him. He’s such a great dad and a wonderful pap/role model/father figure to Emerson!

I believe we still have plans to go see the movie “Frozen” in the park on Friday night with Brittany and Isaiah. It’s free and something fun to do. I thought it would be cute if we all put our jammies on, made popcorn, and headed over to the park with blankets, chairs, etc. Emerson will probably nurse himself to sleep while we are there, which is fine. I loved the movie when I saw it the first time, so I am excited to see it again. Let’s just hope it doesn’t rain! While Emerson is awake, we can sing along to the songs! “Do you wanna build a snowman?” (Love that song!)

Alright, I am going to end this now. I’m feeling very tired. I went walking with my friend this afternoon for lunch. He and I walked around the art’s festival, which is in town for the next couple of weeks. Any additional exercise really wears me out. I came back to work and was STARVING. I thought I was going to pass out. Luckily, I didn’t. I just overdid it a bit. It was a nice walk though and I enjoyed getting out for a bit. Anyway, I hope everyone has a fabulous Wednesday  Smooches!



No comments: