Friday, June 20, 2014

Mummy's nightmare

TGIF. I am so happy it’s finally Friday. It’s been nice sleeping in the past couple of days because I’ve been working from home, but I am so ready to just not set an alarm. On top of that, I always wake the baby well before he’s really ready to get up. I’m sure he can’t wait to just sleep until he naturally wakes. Let’s hope we both get to sleep in the next two days! Britt is babysitting again today. Emerson just took a large poop too. What a way to say “good morning” I was glad because he hadn’t pooped the last few days. With giving solids, it concerns me when he doesn’t. So, he’s all emptied out again. I’m sure that means he’ll want to eat sooner rather than later, but he truly isn’t due to eat until about 11am. He’s having carrots for lunch today. Yum!

Tonight, we have absolutely nothing planned. I just want to go home, play with the baby, let Kodie run around in the yard, and hopefully get a good night’s sleep. I’ve been having the scariest dreams all week about being murdered. It is so strange. I have no idea what the hell is going on, but it has made sleeping nearly impossible. I didn’t want to bring it up because talking about it solidifies that I’ll end up having another one tonight. It scares me to no end though. I do live alone. Thank God Kodie is a psycho and will freak the hell out even if someone just drives by the house. She always has me on high alert. Sometimes, it scares me when she barks like that. Yesterday, we were all sitting on the couch. The baby ate and then fell asleep. It was only about 6:00pm. All of a sudden, Kodie started flipping out and barking directly at the front door. I did hear something outside, but it didn’t sound like anyone was actually on the porch. She went on and on for about 20 minutes. I never got up to check it out for fear that I’d wake the baby for absolutely no reason. It turns out, a car was outside of my neighbor’s house. She just is so neurotic at times. I appreciate her protection, but sometimes it does scare me. I wish she’d just do that when it’s necessary!

Tomorrow, we have a graduation party around 4pm. I plan on laying out in the morning, while Emerson naps. Lately, he’s been doing this weird, whiney/cry thing when he’s tired. In fact, I can hear him doing it right now. He talks A LOT when he’s tired, but then will bust out in hysterics, or just whine and moan. It does make me giggle sometimes because he sounds so cute, but then again, I want him to take a nap because it makes him cranky when he doesn’t. Let’s hope he has a couple of decent sized naps today. Yesterday, he only had 3 naps. That all totaled out to be about 2 hours. Not enough!

My friend is coming in to visit at the end of July and I CANNOT wait! She is a co-worker that works at another location about 5 hours away. She’s actually the first person that knew I was pregnant and knew when I thought I was pregnant. Anyway, we’ve become very good friends since we started to work together a few years ago. She’s bringing Emerson a lot of her son’s old toys, etc. Her son just finished kindergarten. I don’t think she plans on having any more children, so she’s giving everything to us. We so appreciate this! I’m excited because he will have more things to play with, but my wallet won’t have to suffer. I received my first sewage bill in the mail yesterday. $75! Ouch! I didn’t anticipate it to be that much and I also had no idea when it was coming, so that threw a wrench in my entire budget. I’m going to pay half next week and the last half when I get paid in July. Anyway, hand me downs will be great to have. It’ll be one less thing I need to worry about! On top of that, I can’t wait for her to meet Emerson!!!!!!!!!! She planned a happy hour too, which I actually am attending. It’s a Thursday afternoon, so my mom and sister are going to babysit for me. I’ll be home by 7:45pm, but it’ll be so nice to hang out with the old crew for a few hours. It’ll be my first outing since I had the baby!

On Sunday, I’m bringing Kodie over to my parent’s house for the day. She has been more hyper than usual. She has never ever touched one of my television remotes in the two years that I’ve had her. I leave them lying all around and she has never chewed one up. This morning, that changed. I caught her demolishing my bedroom remote! I am so pissed. Luckily, I think all I need is a new battery and we’ll be all set. I have a converter box upstairs, so without a remote, you literally cannot change the channel. Now, with how often I have to breastfeed, it’s nice laying down with the baby, feeding him, and being able to watch television. Television is literally the ONLY luxury that I have for myself. I know, that sounds really, really stupid, but it’s also true. My cable bill is $65 a month. It’s actually one of the cheapest bills that I have. Considering I never go out, or do anything, I allow myself this luxury. If need be, it would be the first thing cut though. Anyway, I am so pissed off at Kodie for doing this! When I was lying in bed, I heard her chewing on something. I NEVER leave anything out at all because she is so destructive. I had a bad feeling it was something “important”. I got up and the first thing I saw was a battery on the ground. I’m glad it wasn’t my phone, but damnit! So, if it doesn’t work after the battery is replaced, I’ll have to call comcast to get a new remote.

Alright, I think that’s about all I have for now. I hope everyone has an awesome weekend!






No comments: