Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Mummy's playing catch up!

It feels like FOREVER since I last wrote. I guess it was though. Friday was the last time that I blogged. Four days without me! How did you guys manage? Kidding. Kidding. I guess I’ll break it down by days. That’ll be so much easier for me to remember what all has transpired over the past few days.

Friday

We had planned on going to see Frozen in the park, but because of all the rain, it was canceled due to “wet ground” I was pretty upset. I was really looking forward to it. Instead, we did nothing. We went to bed early. It was okay though because I ended up being really sleep and the baby seemed very sleepy as well.

Saturday

We slept in a bit, which was so nice. Saturday morning snuggles are my favorite! I cleaned up the back yard, so that Kodie could finally run around outside. She was in her glory! I saw no signs of skunk either, so I felt confident letting her out there. I felt so confident that I even hung out in the yard with the baby too. Anyway, the baby and I had A LOT of errands to run for father’s day. We both got ready and headed to the store. Boy, was I in for an absolute treat! It was nearly impossible to shop with Emerson. We went to a few dollar stores and the shopping carts are TEENY! So teeny that the car seat took up the entire cart and I couldn’t fit anything inside. I had HUGE lists. It wouldn’t have been an issue if I only had one or two things on the list, but I had about 25 items on my list! I tried, but finally gave up. I went to my parent’s house and waited until my sister was done working. The baby and I picked her up and she helped us get our shopping done. It’s so much easier with a second person. We can have two shopping carts. If I was a baby-wearing mom, it wouldn’t be an issue, but Emerson never liked the baby wrap that I had and he was very uncomfortable in it. I was so happy Britt came along with me. It was so much easier with her. Afterwards, we dropped Britt off and headed back home. While the baby napped, I made buffalo chicken pasta salad, which turned out absolutely AMAZING! I am definitely making that again. It was delicious. After he woke up, we hung for a bit and played. He had his first taste of apples for dinner and really enjoyed it. After bath, it was bedtime. After I put him down, I got back up and made a strawberry shortcake/cheesecake dessert for father’s day to go along with the buffalo chicken salad pasta. It came out so good! Yummy! I also made a root beer float kit for my dad and an adorable card from myself and Emerson. All adorable might I add?! I also enjoyed a small glass of wine, while I let Kodie run in the yard. It was nice.

Sunday

Sunday was the big day! Father’s Day! I woke up, cleaned the house, took care of the dog, and made breakfast. After the baby got up, we played a bit, he ate, and then took a small nap, so I got ready for the day. We were heading over around noon. I wanted to make sure he had a decent nap in beforehand. I loaded up the car with all of our goodies and the baby and I headed over to my parent’s house. We left Kodie at home this time. She was not happy. I’m going to bring her over with me this Sunday though. She loves going for visits and I feel bad when I exclude her. Anyway, when we got to the house, I had to make a store run, so my parents/sister watched Emerson. I was only gone for about 20 minutes, but I needed to pick up gelato to go with our root beer floats. Anyway, when I got back, Emerson was in his brand-new baby pool! Adorable! It’s a huge shark mouth that has a canopy to shield out the sun. My mom bought it for him the prior day. He absolutely loved it. Of course, we had to fill it up with warm water, or he would have freaked. He had on his cute, little swim trunk too. Love him. We took so many pictures. He was so excited! After his big swim, he had peas for lunch and devoured those suckers! He was such a tired boy after he ate, so I put him down for a nap. About 25 minutes later, I heard a knock on the bedroom window upstairs. My dad was holding Emerson and they were both looking out the window. I guess dad went upstairs to use the bathroom and Emerson woke up. He said he wasn’t even crying. He was just lying there talking to himself! My kid! Hehehe. Anyway, it was such a nice father’s day. We all ate and the pool was nice. I actually am a bit sun burnt from being out in the sun all day. I had a blast though. Emerson and I slept very well on Sunday night!

Monday

Daycare was closed because of mandatory training, so I took the day off. I originally planned on bringing Emerson into town to visit my co-workers, but it didn’t pan out so well. By the time the lawn person came to cut my grass, Emerson was due for a nap. So, I put him down. I didn’t want to wake him up. The day just crept on and I wasn’t risking being stuck in rush hour traffic, so we nixed those plans. Instead, we picked Britt up and the three of us went to walk around the mall. We were going to head down to the waterfront, but of course, RAIN was in the forecast. That damn rain. I swear, it ruins everything. We still had a really good time though. We dropped Britt off, then headed home. Emerson was in rare form last night. I think he’s teething again. He was so miserable and just crying/whining all night. I finally gave him some teething tabs and a teething ring right before bath. He was still unpleasant during bath-time, but we managed through it. For how fussy he was, he slept very well. I made the fatal mistake of staying up until 11pm to watch all of my shows. I’m extra tired today, but managing.

Today

I have to go grocery shopping after work. I’m trying to make myself stay motivated enough to WANT to do this, but I’m thinking of skipping until tomorrow. I have enough food at home to make it through. I made chicken soup in the crock pot yesterday too. Who makes chicken soup on an 85 degree day? THIS GIRL! Other than that, we don’t have too much of an exciting week. Britt is babysitting for me on Thursday and Friday. I’ll be working from home on those days, but she’ll be in charge. They rescheduled Frozen for Friday night. It’s supposed to rain again all week though, so we probably won’t make plans to do that. Emerson and I are going to a graduation party on Saturday with my parents though. On Sunday, we are cooking out and swimming at my parent’s house again. Not too much excitement, but we have some fun plans on the books  Alright everyone. I hope you all have a super awesome day!

No comments: