Friday, June 27, 2014

Mummy's tired!

I can’t explain how overly happy I am that its Friday. This week has seriously beat the crap out on me. I feel like I’ve spent no time with Emerson outside of bathing, feeding, and putting him down to sleep. We did visit my parents after work yesterday for a little bit, but by the time we got home, it was bath, dinner, then bed. I feel like we’ve had zero playtime this whole week. Tonight, we have a wedding to go to. Tomorrow, we have a cookout. We might skip the wedding reception on Sunday that we were invited to. I just feel like with how busy it’s been all week and with things going on this weekend, it’ll be nice to just hang out with him for the day instead of having to talk to people at another wedding reception. I don’t know many people that will be at this. I was just going to see my friend from Nebraska, but we can coordinate and have a real playdate with the kids. It doesn’t have to be at her mom’s wedding reception. I’m just exhausted. Usually, this feeling only lasts a day, or so. It’s been all week. Work has been extra demanding lately too, so I know that’s taking a lot out of me. It’s so hard being two people. I need to figure out how to shut off my work brain when I get home and to shut off the mom brain when I’m at work. Double duty is not working out very well for me!

This morning, I woke up at 5am. I pumped, packed the diaper bag, packed my work bag, took care of the dog, got ready quickly, dressed the baby, and dropped him off at daycare. I had to send extra clothes on top of the extra clothes I already was sending. Now that he’s eating solids there, he’s going through more clothes. Anyway, directly after, I went to the Laundromat. Holy laundry! I am almost done drying it all at home. I still have to fold it and put it all away. So much laundry! I shoved 4 loads into three washers because I thought I didn’t have enough quarters. I’m glad it’s all done and I hope I don’t make the fatal mistake of waiting nearly two weeks. Brutal! On a positive note, I am so freaking happy to have clean clothes again. I was wearing the goofiest stuff and so was the baby!


I’m done working early today, so that I can get ready for the wedding, head to daycare to pick Emerson up, then take him home to change, eat, and then head back out the door. I am over-the-moon excited for tonight though! I just hope he isn’t rowdy during the ceremony! He isn’t one to just sit still. He likes to be talked to and played with, so watching a wedding quietly probably isn’t going to happen. If he starts getting out of control, I’ll just take him out of the room until it’s over. Luckily, the couple getting married has a brand new baby too. She’s 8 months old, so I’m sure she’ll be rowdy herself. It’s a no-kid reception, but my cousin made an exception for me. Plus, her 8 month old daughter will be there too, so she’ll have a pack and play, etc for the kids. Emerson is going to be the BEST wedding date ever! I have an adorable tuxedo mustache bib for him to wear. I haven’t figured out what he’s going to wear with it. My friend had it made for Emerson. It is absolutely adorable and he hasn’t worn it yet, so it’ll be perfect for today!

The cookout tomorrow is at my parent’s house. Our friends from Texas are in, so we are going to cookout and swim all day. Emerson and I are going to run to Walmart before heading over, so that I can buy a baby raft for him for in the pool. I fill up his little baby pool now, but it would be nice to be able to push him around in the big pool. The water has warmed up A LOT, so hopefully he’s okay with him. I guess we will have to wait and see tomorrow!

Alright, I am ending this for the day. I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!





No comments: