Monday, July 21, 2014

Mummy was in need

The weekend was pretty mellow. Friday, we did nothing aside from hanging out at home. It was nice knowing that we didn’t have to wake up early on Saturday morning. We slept in until about 9am too. It was amazing. The only plans we had on Saturday were visiting my parents. They hadn’t seen Emerson in about 4 days at that point. He took such a big nap though. He slept 10-1pm. After he woke, we headed over to my parent’s house. We had dinner and hung out until about 7pm. There was a frozen sing a long on the Disney Channel at 8pm, so I wanted to get home, have him bathed, and give him dinner before it started. He fell asleep, but I stayed up until about 11pm and watched.

I have to say how amazing my parents are. I know sometimes they drive me insane, but they truly are the best people in my life. I am the type of person that refuses to ask for help. I’d rather just figure it out for myself. Even if I am going without, I’d rather just cut something, or figure it out before reaching out. Lately, things have been kind of tight. Getting a water and sewage bill unexpectedly kind of threw me off budget a bit. It’s been really hard to get caught up since I had to pay that bill. Anyway, I haven’t really had much food in my house lately. I’ve been making it work, but the other night it was pretty bad. I was absolutely starving. I couldn’t eat the soup I had because the soup is what I eat for lunch at work. I ate all of my cereal, so that wasn’t even a go to. I ended up boiling some plain pasta and eating that. It’s really embarrassing for me to admit that things are so tight that my grocery budget is the first thing to be cut. The only thing I’ve bought outside of paying my bills are a few party things for Emerson’s half birthday. I got the sewage bill after I bought those items, which totaled out to be $65. His party is not expensive, but if I had to go back, I’d probably end up not throwing it to save that money. When I got to my parent’s house on Saturday, my dad handed me money to buy groceries. I immediately told him to take it back, but he insisted and told me it was fine. I felt SO BAD. They just won the lottery for the second time in a month, so I know it wasn’t a hardship for them, but I still felt extremely bad. Almost like a failure of a person that things are so tight that I can barely afford to feed myself. On top of that, they fed me dinner that night and sent me home with juice and snacks to have during the Frozen sing a long. I cried on the drive home because I am so lucky to come from such a good family who really cares about me. I also cried because I am so sick and tired of money being so tight that I can’t even afford to fill my fridge and cupboards. My cousin just brought me a ton of babyfood, so Emerson has everything he needs. I’m just worried my breastmilk supply will suffer if I don’t start upping the calories. As much as I think it’s amazing that I can now fit into a size 3 jeans, It is a bit concerning to me. I know I’m only losing this weight because I’m not eating sufficiently. Things should start to get back on course now. I was trying to make it until I got paid on Friday to grocery shop. Now, I don’t have to do that and I can save the money I was using to avoid this happening again.

On Sunday, I woke up early, cleaned the house, got myself ready, made coffee, and hung out with Kodie while Emerson slept. I was taking my sister practice driving, so my mom was babysitting for me. After Emerson woke up, I dressed him, then fed him pears. He ate the entire jar and loved them! After he was done eating, I heard a car beep outside. It was my dad with so many groceries. He bought me so much stuff that my cupboards and refrigerator cannot hold another item. I was so mad at him for doing this because he just gave me money to buy groceries the day before. I tried giving him the money back, but he refused. I can put that in savings to use during the next hardship. I am so grateful for them. I can’t even type this without getting teary-eyed. I’ll leave it at that.

After dad left, I finished getting the baby ready and we headed over to my parent’s house. I dropped Emerson off, then my sister and I hopped into my parent’s car and headed to the DMV to practice parking. She did really well. I hope she passes her test tomorrow. I have a half day at work, so that I can take her. Everyone cross your fingers. Afterwards, we picked the baby up and went to the park. It was so fun. Then, we came home to swim and had dinner. Emerson and I headed home shortly after.

Emerson has two teeth. It is so adorable! His two bottom teeth came through! The top two are getting there. I can’t believe he already has teeth! He has been very miserable from it. I hope after these first 4 are in, he gets a little break. I feel so bad for him! I can only do so much to soothe him too. His chompers are razor sharp though. I hope he doesn’t bite down on me while nursing! I am so petrified that’s going to happen!

This week, the only thing I have going on is taking my sister to her driver’s test and doing the laundry tomorrow. Otherwise, we are having another mellow week. I’m okay with that. I’m going to bring his baby pool over to our house tomorrow. We’re using it for his party, but we’ll have it at home now to use after work/daycare if it’s really hot this week. It’ll give us something to do too. Alright, I hope everyone is having a good Monday so far 

No comments: