Monday, July 14, 2014

Mummy won a prize!

This weekend was very nice. On Friday night, we didn’t do anything. My mum took the baby swimming because she watched him for me, while I worked. He had a really good time. After work, we hung out for a bit, then went home. My parents took my nephew miniature golfing. We were invited, but it was really hot out and since Emerson can’t golf, I decided to just skip going. He was pretty tired after hanging with my mum all day. He fell asleep early that night and slept until about 7am on Saturday morning.

Saturday was a lot of fun. We got up and dressed and headed over to my parent’s house around noon. My mum babysat for me, so that I could go grocery shopping. I was able to finish up grocery shopping and to get some of the items on Emerson’s half birthday party list. I got the water balloons, spoons, paper to make 3D hanging trees (which came out adorably), and drinks for the kids. Today, I ordered the most adorable iron on for Emerson’s shirt. It’s a picture of a blonde little boy sitting at a campsite with a tent/fire and it’s personalized with “Emerson”. I’m going to iron it onto a tee for him to wear for the day with camo shorts. He’s going to look absolutely adorable. The entire iron on plus shipping only cost $5.00! With that, I am also ordering food tent labels that have a camp fire, animals, and acorns on them for $13.00. I was going to attempt to make them myself, but the time and money spent into supplies would have been about $8.00, so I decided to just order those too. It’s a small, but adorable added touch. It’ll make the food table tie into everything. We aren’t having much décor outside of the balloons, hanging 3D trees, the food tent labels, camp signs, plus the tent that I’m setting up. It’ll still look REALLY adorable though. I ordered a ton of pictures to make a HUGE ½ picture sign as well. I can’t wait to see it all come together! I’m buying all of the ingredients for the food when I get paid in two weeks. In the meantime, I’ll be working on my ½ picture sign.

On Saturday night, we went back to my parent’s house for a bon fire. It was awesome!!!!!!!!! We had such a good time. The baby and I swam for 2 hours! I even took him out of his float and put him directly into the water. He absolutely loved it. I think all of the swimming tuckered him out because he fell asleep at 7pm and stayed down until almost 10pm! While he slept, I hung with my parents at our fire. We made s’mores and ate dinner. It was so nice just to have some adult time. When the baby woke up, my dad brought him outside to the fire. He loved it! He was laughing. It was so adorable. We went home around 10:45pm.We skipped bath and went directly to bed. He ended up sleeping 11pm-8:50am. It was awesome!

Sunday, we woke up, and hung at home for a while until we headed over to my parent’s house at 2:45pm. We had dinner over there and just hung for a bit. Emerson has been a bit grouchy lately due to teething. He refuses to nap and that just adds into the grouchiness. One minute, he’s laughing and having a good time, then the next, he’s whining. He fell asleep in the car on the way back home. I was glad because he needed a nap. He ended up sleeping until about 7:45pm. When he woke, we did bath and jammies, then he had dinner, Tylenol, then bed. I was glad he went down rather fast. He slept from about 8pm-1am before waking for some boob juice. He then slept all the way through me changing his clothes and diaper and dropping him off at daycare this morning! It makes me sad though because when he woke I wasn’t there.

This week, we don’t have too much going on. We’ve been out of routine since I was off last week, so establishing that again is my goal. Brittany is babysitting him tomorrow, while I work from home. He’s going to daycare the rest of the week though. I’ll do laundry on Wednesday morning at the Laundromat. My friend wants to get together with us this weekend, which I think will be fun. My best friend will probably end up meeting us too, so that our mutual friend can just kill two birds with one stone. I’m going to bring Emerson’s pool over to her house, so the boys can swim together. Her son is 3 months younger than Emerson. I don’t think he is quite ready for the fun of a big pool yet, so I figured it would be nice to let the kiddos swim together in Emerson’s baby pool. Aside from that, we’ll probably just head to my parent’s house to swim this weekend. My mum is buying a slip n slide for Emerson’s half birthday though. I just hope it doesn’t end up making my yard a mud puddle, or making my water bill outrageous! The kids will absolutely love it though!

I was on the radio again today. I called in to win free prizes by telling the radio station why I was up so early! I ended up winning a $50 gift certificate to a maternity store, which I can use to get something for two of my pregnant friends who are having baby showers really soon. I also won 4 free passes to the science center! I am so excited. I’m thinking my sister and I can take the baby and my nephew. The baby will get a kick out of seeing some of the stuff. Anything that makes light and sounds interests him. There is enough of that over there, so it should be a good time. I’d like to go during the week though, so it’s less busy. I was so excited to win though! I never win anything, so you can just imagine my surprise. Plus, it’s something fun I can take the baby to do for free. I think there might be a parking charge, but that’s okay. I absolutely love the science center, so I can’t wait to take him.

Well, I think that’s about all I have to share for now. I hope everyone had a great weekend!



No comments: