Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Mummy's working out

Well, I started a 30 Day Fitness Challenge. It’s called The Little Black Dress Challenge (LBD challenge for future reference). Anyway, yesterday was pretty easy. All I had to do was 10 pushups, 10 mountain climbers, and a 30 second plank. Today doesn’t seem too bad. 20 jumping jacks, 10 burpees (ew), and 10 high knees. As the days go on, it gets harder. I’m hoping this is a nice transition back into working out for me. 30 days will fly by. It literally took me under 5 minutes to complete the work out yesterday. I should be able to complete this challenge with no issues. Cross your fingers for me. I’m not trying to lose weight. I just want to tone up a bit and be able to start transitioning back into eating better and working out now before I stop breastfeeding and all of the weight I lost comes flooding back. I plan on breastfeeding up until a year before I start weaning him to just night time feedings. Then, I’ll slowly work to weaning him off of those. I have some time, but I don’t want it to be a big shock one day where I have to immediately jump back into working out, so I think a slow transition is best. I just weighed myself (after I had a cup of coffee though) and I was at 113.6. I’m not sure that coffee added too much onto me. I haven’t pumped yet either, so I’m sure that’s adding something. I’m probably closer to 113 than 114.

I would have absolutely loved nothing more than to weigh this amount before I got pregnant. It was always a goal of mine. It’s so weird thinking I’m sitting at my ideal weight right now, but I really don’t even notice it. I guess it’s just different when you aren’t dressing up and going out. I think I do more to myself than the average mother though. I still make sure I put on some make-up even if I’m just dropping Emerson off at daycare and working from home. I think it’s important to at least do something small like that to feel a little human. I don’t do my hair every day, but I at least TRY to make it look half decent even if I just leave it to air dry. With the amount that falls out, I’m kind of afraid to put heat on it more than I have to, so I save those days for when we have to actually go somewhere that’s important. I don’t think of myself very often these days. Right now, I’m totally wearing the same clothes I had on yesterday. Sweat pants and a tee. I woke up late today though and had to rush around to get the garbage all taken out before the garbage man came. Plus, I had to get all of the laundry together, so I could go to the Laundromat this morning. I didn’t have the diaper bag ready at all, and I needed to pump to get one last 5oz bottle before I dropped Emerson off at daycare. It was a busy morning for me already!

Emerson had so many naps yesterday. He had a total of 5 hours’ worth of naps, which he rarely does. I was glad. He had some Tylenol for his teething, so I’m sure that helped ease him a bit. He slept very well last night. I recall only waking once to feed him. I can’t complain about that. It does suck that I slept in, but at least I didn’t have to get on the bus, so all is well. I got everything done and I still managed to log in on time for work.

Well, I guess that’s all I have now. I hope everyone has a super-fast Hump Day!

No comments: