Monday, July 28, 2014

Mummy's busy week!

I know I haven’t updated in a while, but I figured since I didn’t have anything Earth shattering to report, I’d just keep quiet. We had a really nice weekend. We didn’t do much on Friday. After I picked the baby up from Daycare, we just went home for the night. After he went to bed, I was going to get up to make his birthday party banner, but my stomach was bugging me, so I went to bed early. On Saturday, we had big plans to go to the spray park. Emerson slept until almost noon. I got him up and ready, then we headed over to pick Isaiah and Brittany up. The spray park was absolutely adorable! We all had such a good time. Emerson loved the water. I was soaking wet from running him through everything. We will definitely be going back there. The spray park is free, so you really can’t beat that! Afterwards, we went back home to get changed out of our wet clothes. Britt, Isaiah, Emerson, and I headed down to the waterfront, so that Isaiah could get school clothes and shoes. Emerson got two outfits too compliments of his auntie! We had a really good time shopping around. Afterwards, we stopped at my house to let the dog out, then headed back to my parent’s for dinner and a fire. We got rained out at first, but once the rain passed, we were able to have our fire. Emerson and I didn’t get home until 10pm! Sunday, we slept in a bit. Emerson slept in about 1.5 hours longer than me. I cleaned, made coffee, ate breakfast, and made the shirt he’s wearing to his half birthday party. We headed over to my best friend’s house for a little visit before we headed over to my parent’s house, picked my sister up, and headed to the store. My sister bought him a really adorable toy to entice crawling. He loves it! We ate dinner at my parent’s then went home around 6pm. Not too bad of a weekend!

This week is going to be NUTS! We have so much going on. Today, we don’t have much. We’re going to my parent’s house tonight to trade cars with dad. We’ll end up hanging over there for a bit before heading home. Tomorrow, I am working from home, but my mom and sister are going to watch Emerson for me, so that I can save on daycare. It’s always more of an exhausting day when I work from home with him there, but saving $37.75 is nice! Wednesday, I am taking the day off of work. Britt’s driver’s test is on Wednesday at 830am. We have to take the kids with us, so that oughta be a great time. It isn’t a real close drive either. During rush hour, it’ll end up taking us about 45 minutes. I’m hoping to pump Emerson up with some fruit/oatmeal and milk before we leave, so I get a good 4 hours on him without having to feed him while we are out. I’m not too worried about Emerson. It’s Isaiah I worry about. We have to leave the house so early just to make it on time. Even then, we might still be late. I know he’s going to be grouchy and I don’t really want to hear it. I have to take the day off just to take her to her test. I was only taking half days, so that my vaca days last me longer. I can’t do this again, so if she doesn’t pass, she’ll have to schedule her test around my mom’s schedule. I just know he’s going to be bitching the entire time and I seriously am already exhausted thinking about it. He was pretty ungrateful during the entire school clothes shopping trip. He got whatever he wanted. It’s like nothing is ever good enough for him and it absolutely KILLS my sister. It’s so bad that it makes ME want to cry. I told him this too and I asked him what his problem is. Why are you always so miserable?? He just gave me attitude back. I tried being open and honest with him explaining that it really hurts his mom when he behaves that way. He didn’t care. It pisses me off so bad, so I am NOT going to deal with any bad attitudes on Wednesday morning.

My friend, Johanna, is coming in on Wednesday too! I hope we can go see her after the test is over! I cannot wait for the baby to meet his Auntie Jo Jo! I can’t wait to see her!!!!!!!! We haven’t figured out our plan yet for Wednesday though. On Thursday, we have a happy hour planned. I’m so excited to hang out with all of my work friends. I’m working from home on Thursday. My mom and sister are going to watch Emerson for me after I pick him up from daycare. I won’t be at happy hour long. I’ll probably be gone from 330pm-730pm. Not too bad. I don’t really like the taste of alcohol now. I think it’s disgusting. I can’t even handle the taste of wine, so I probably won’t drink at all, but I don’t care. I just want to hang out and see everyone. This will be my first outing since I had Emerson!

On Friday night, Emerson and I are picking Britt up from work. She’s staying the night to help us prepare for his big birthday party on Saturday! I am so excited! I have pretty much everything. I do have to make a store run to grab the ingredients for a couple dishes I’m making. Aside from that, we are all set. I can’t wait. I hope everyone has a really good time. I feel like I’ve been planning this half birthday party forever! We did a mini photo shoot yesterday. I think the pics came out cute. They aren’t professionally done, or anything, but I don’t care. I still like them. His eyes look so blue in all of the pictures. Gorgeous. I can’t believe my baby will already be six months this week. It doesn’t feel like six months has even passed. I am still so baffled that I had a baby. I still can’t get over that!

Alright, I guess that’s all the updating I need to do for now. I hope everyone has a quick Monday!

No comments: