Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Mummy's such a planner

Emerson slept so soundly last night and went down without a fight. He took two naps yesterday evening, so I was a bit concerned that we’d have an issue at bedtime, but it was fine. Around 7:45pm, I put him in the tub. He played for a while. Around 8pm, it was jammie time. Afterwards, he had sweet potatoes for dinner, then it was boob and bed. He conked out around 9pm. Kodie and I hung out downstairs, while I watched The Real Housewives of Orange County. I love that show. Okay, I love any Real Housewives shows. Anyway, I crawled into bed around 10pm, but had a hard time falling asleep myself. I’m pretty sure I fell asleep before 11pm though. We slept in today until around 6am. It was a work from home day, so I had that luxury. I’ve been more run down than usual lately, so a couple extra winks did me some good. I feel a lot better now.

During our fire the other night, my dad told me what a good job I’m doing. It was so nice to hear. He doesn’t open up and get too mushy very often, so when it happens, you know he means it. He said “I never ever hear you complain” He’s right though, very rarely do I complain. Via blog, yes, I vent at times, but this is for my own sanity. In the real world though, I try to keep a sunny disposition. I’m happy though and I can tell Emerson is too. Everyone is always reminding me how happy he is and that he hardly cries unless he needs something, which is very true. I think if I am happy and upbeat, then that’ll feed down to him and he will be the same way. I don’t want him to feel stress, or have to worry either. I try to keep any negativity away from him.

Anyway, I am going to attempt to make my own high chair banner for Emerson’s party. I’m hoping it comes out nicely. I have a vision in my mind. Let’s hope that translates onto construction paper! My older sister isn’t coming to Emerson’s party. I’m not sure why. She just said she probably wouldn’t be there. She came to our nephew’s birthday party in April, so I thought she’d definitely want to come to Emerson’s party. She doesn’t really have a relationship with him, so maybe that’s why she doesn’t want to come. She said she bought him a gift, but I’d rather have her come over having a gift. I’d rather everyone be able to come rather than bringing gifts. I think it’ll be a super fun day for everyone to just hang out and be a part of a pretty cool memory for Emerson. For his first birthday party, I want to put together a book of pictures from his 6 month party and then repeat that trend every year for every party to show his growth. So on his 2nd birthday party, we’d have a book of nothing but pictures from his 1st birthday. Get it? She’s going to be missing from the 6th month birthday party pictures. She is already missing from my baby shower pictures, the day he was born pictures, the day he came home pictures, and all newborn photos through about 4 months old. That’s a lot of time. I have printed out so many pictures from his first 6 months of life, and I have NONE with her and him. I even looked through Britt’s Facebook to see if maybe she took a picture that I missed. I didn’t see any. I have a million pictures of Emerson with my mom, dad, Britt, Isaiah, me, and even Kodie. I can’t find any pictures with her and him. I’m making this huge collage. Thinking she isn’t going to be in not one picture is sad. I swear there has to be at least one picture of the two of them. If not, then hopefully we can remedy that. I know she isn’t there for day to day life, or really involved, but being there for milestones is a good compromise. At least I think it is. Emerson is really important to us though, so I just thought maybe he’d be a little bit important to her. Maybe someday.

My mum and I were talking about holidays a few weeks ago. I’m so excited to be able to do a Christmas Eve get together at my house. Finally, I don’t live too far away to have my family over for the holidays! Plus, I have an entire house. I cannot wait. I’m so addicted to Pinterest and have been collecting adorable ideas that are all very festive. I didn’t want to take on Thanksgiving because that seems a bit over ambitious. We always go to my parent’s house on Christmas day, so I couldn’t take that away from them. We’re going to my parent’s house on Halloween. It’s tradition that we hand out candy over there, so I couldn’t exactly take that from them. They get 100’s of trick or treaters too. I live on a dead end street, so I’m sure it isn’t booming. I can’t wait. I am so excited. Now that I have the baby, holidays seem even more exciting. I know they’ll want to make sure they get to see him the night before Santa comes, so having everyone over seems like so much fun! Last year, I was super pregnant at Christmas time. I didn’t think I’d make it much past New Year’s (boy, was I wrong). It was extremely sad to be excluded and have to spend Christmas Eve without my parents. I don’t want to have to feel that way again this year, especially with the baby. If anything, they’ll be super upset if they don’t get to be with the baby on Christmas Eve. They were really upset last year without myself and Britt. I’m chopped liver now compared to the baby, so I’m sure they’d be even more upset if they don’t get to spend it with him. It’s so funny, the second the baby and I walk into their house, my dad is the first one to steal him from me. Dad didn’t hold the baby for the first 4.5 months of his life aside from once in the hospital after he was born. He was too afraid because Emerson was so small. Now, he has him all of the time. Yesterday, he walked in, took the baby, and they played for about 30 minutes. It was adorable! So, to think that they wouldn’t spend the entire holiday with us seems silly. My mum and I were already talking about where I can put up my tree, decorations, etc. I know Christmas isn’t for another 5 months, but can you blame me for being excited?! Hot Chocolate Bar!!!!!!!! That’s happening! I am at my parent’s house for every single holiday and about 4-5 times a week. It’s only fair that I host them at my house!

Okay, that’s about all I have for now. I hope everyone has a super fabulous Tuesday!






















No comments: