Wednesday, July 9, 2014

MUMMY'S STAYCATION!

Where to begin?! Staycation was awesome, but I must admit, I am really beat. We had a lot of things planned, but we also had some nice, lazy time too. I guess I should break this down by days. That seems easier.

On Thursday, I left work at my typical time, but the bus was PACKED. Everyone was leaving early for the holiday. It was absolutely ridiculous. We smashed 3 times the allotted amounted of people onto a tiny bus. I ended up standing and being nearly crushed every time we turned a corner. The bus was late dropping us off, so I had to take Emerson with me to the grocery store. We didn’t get everything on our list, but I did get all of the ingredients to make taco dip for the 4th. We headed home afterwards. Emerson and I played for a bit, then it was bath, dinner, and bedtime. I don’t know what motivated me to put him in his crib, but I did, and he slept for 8 hours! I was absolutely baffled! I could not believe he slept so long. I was able to make my entire taco dip while he slept. I crawled into bed around 9:30, but barely slept. I woke up at 12:50 and 3:00am to check on Emerson. Still snoozing! He finally woke around 5am. I let him sleep with me in bed after I fed him. He slept until almost 9am!

The 4th of July was so much fun. It was a bit chilly, but we still got in the pool for an hour. Emerson loved the fireworks. He was mesmerized by the big ones that were set off from the neighboring park and the ones that my dad set off in the yard. It was such a great day! We took a lot of photos too. We stayed until about 10:45pm, then headed home. I tried the crib again, but Emerson only lasted about 2 hours. I was beyond exhausted, so when he cried around 1am, I let him in bed with me, so we both could sleep.

We slept in on Saturday. It was so nice. After I had coffee and Emerson had breakfast, we dressed and went to the park. It was just the two of us. We had the entire park to ourselves. I put Emerson in the baby swing, which he loved! It was so awesome. I wasn’t sure if he’d be too small, but he fit perfectly. I parked a distance away from the park, so that I could walk with him in the stroller. The weather was absolutely beautiful. After the swings, I took him down a few slides, and then we laid out a blanket and played awhile. Afterwards, we headed over to my parent’s for a quick visit, then home. I put Emerson in his crib for bedtime, but he only lasted a few minutes. Exhausted from the day, I wasn’t ready to put up a fight. I’m wondering if the 8 hour stint was just a fluke.

On Sunday, we planned on swimming, but the rain ruined our plans. Instead, we headed over to my parent’s house once again. My best friend stopped by with her son, so that he and Emerson could have a play date. They seemed to have a good time. Emerson just stared at him and grabbed onto his onesie. We had to make sure he didn’t pinch, or pull too hard. He’s very aware of his hands now and he loves squeezing any and everything! Emerson began to get VERY fussy after my best friend left. Moaning and whining with tiredness. He was so overtired and not able to sleep. I rocked him until he finally dozed off, but rocking a 20lb baby for an hour is exhausting. He was a bit of a bear that night too. I have no idea what has gotten into him. I hope it’s just a small phase!

On Monday, we woke up early and piled into the car. We picked up my nephew, nephew’s cousin, and my sister. We were meeting my best friend and her son to go to the animal farm. It was so much fun! They had little baby piggies and a baby calf too! Emerson loved the animals and just stared while smiling in between. It’s so cool watching him see things for the first time. He is already very curious, so I thought the animal farm would be the perfect activity for us. It turned out to be a gorgeous day. The rain held off until we were home. Emerson was a bear again though. He refused to nap even though he was dreadfully tired. After another rocking stint of nearly an hour, I was able to get him down.

Tuesday was our lazy day. I had nothing planned for us and it looked like rain. We played all day. Emerson, again, was quite a bear when it came to naps. Rocking and rocking has become a theme. I put him in the baby bjorn carrier, which seemed to help get him down, but then I was trapped with it on me. I was able to slide him out of it and lay him down for a nice 3 hour nap. Of course, for bedtime last night, the bear came out again! I really am hoping this is just a phase. I know babies change and grow so much. By the time you get used to one thing, it’s done and gone, but getting him to sleep was always so easy for me. The boob was magical. Recently, I’ve been separating the boob and sleep, so that he isn’t so dependent on it to go down. Now, when he is on the boob, it has lost a lot of its magical power. It makes nap and bedtime not so fun for mum! We’ll see how it goes tonight. I’ve been avoiding the crib because after I work so hard to get him down, I don’t want to risk waking him again!

Our staycation was great though. I’m so glad we had 5 days to spend together. We might not have done as much as I would have liked, but what we did do was a lot of fun…and free. I don’t want to talk financials because it is quite depressing, but after having 5 days off and not being able to spend more than $15 to put gas in my car, I am so sick of being poor. I get paid on Friday, but every cent is already accounted for. One day, I’ll be able to be a little frivolous and spontaneous…I HOPE!

On Friday, my parents are going camping, so Emerson, Kodie, and I are heading over to their house to dog sit. My sister works until 10pm, but also has my nephew. I’m going to babysit him from 4-10pm, pick her up from work, drop them back off at home, and then head back to my house with the baby and dog. We are all heading up to the lake on Saturday to swim for the day. I’m very excited. My nephew and sister are camping with my parents. The baby and I are heading back to their house to dog sit on Saturday night. Kodie will already be there, so we won’t need to go home to pick her up. I’m just trying to figure out the best plan for Friday night. Should I just watch my nephew at my house, so that if the baby is sleeping, I won’t need to wake him? My sister says her boyfriend might be able to pick her up from work. If he can, then I might just do that. I’ll have Isaiah come with me to pick up Emerson after we drop Brittany off at work. My parent’s dog will be fine between 4:00pm-10:00pm. I’m sure they won’t like the idea of her being there alone, but it’s 6 hours. She will be fine. I’m just trying to do what I think would be best for the baby. I have a few days to figure it out though! Alright, I’m ending this. I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their week!




No comments: