Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Mummy's half day!

Today, I have a half day. My sister is taking her driver’s test again. I hope she passes. This will be her third try. It took me three tries before I passed. I took her practice parking on Sunday. She did so well! I hope she can put aside her nerves, focus, and pass this damn thing today! I know she will be absolutely devastated if she fails again. I have no problems taking her again and again until she passes. She is a very good driver. Now, if she does pass, I’m still not letting her drive home! The roads we have to take to get there and back are really aggressive and I am even nervous driving on them. After we make it back to our neighborhood though, she can do what she wants. I have such a good feeling about it though. I just want her to pass. I’m sick of watching her bawl her eyes out of the disappointment. She’s been trying for a few months. She’s had her permit for about 3 years too! It’s just time! I told her I’m cashing in about 8 years’ worth of rides once she passes too! She just laughed. She seems in good spirits about it. I just hope her nerves don’t get the best of her. She has pretty bad anxiety and I think that’s why she fails every time she takes the test. She gets herself so worked up and then it screws with her head! I’ll be cheerleading her on the entire drive up there today!

After she passes her test, (miss optimism over here) we have a few errands to run. One side of my breast pump broke last night. Well, not broke. The membrane finally wore down. If you don’t know anything about a breast pump, it is the smallest piece on the entire thing. I was wondering when it was going to finally bite the dust. Most of my friends have had to replace that piece several times. I’m sure if I had replaced it months ago I’d end up getting better suction thus getting more ounces when I pump. Anyway, I can get a pack of 6 or 12 for around $8. It isn’t an expensive fix, but it’s a necessary one. I can only pump one side at a time now! It’s so annoying! Additionally, we have to grab diapers for Emerson. We also have an appointment at the Sprint store to see if we can switch over to them for free from at&t. Our contract is up in October, but Sprint is offering a deal. If you switch over to them, they’ll give you a free phone. Now, I think I might only be able to get 1 free phone. Obviously, we don’t want to have to pay for anything, so we are going to go and see what the details are. If we can’t do it, then we’ll just stick with at&t and upgrade for free to new phones in October. We are both over the iphones and now that mine has a cracked screen, I really am over it! Aside from that, we have just a few more things to grab for his party. Emerson is at daycare today, so we have some time to get all of this done. Her test isn’t until 11:45am. I’m hoping she’s passed and we’re out of there by 12:30pm. You all know how the DMV can be though! I’d like to pick Emerson up early if possible.

Yesterday after work, we came to my parent’s house to switch cars. My sister is taking her test in my mom’s car, so my dad took my car to work today. The baby and I hung out for a while. He absolutely loves my dad. It is so freaking adorable. The second my dad walks into the room, he’s fighting to get over to him. It cracks me up. He’s obsessed with my mom too, but there must be something more special about my dad that he loves. Even through teething and being grouchy, my dad always can make him laugh and smile. I love it! After we left my parent’s house, Emerson fell asleep in the car. He continued to sleep for nearly two hours! He woke up a little after 8pm. We did bath, dinner, boob, then bed. He slept 9pm-2am, woke up, ate, and was back down from 215am until I woke him around 6:10am. Not too shabby! Daycare was able to stretch his bottles out yesterday. Thank God! He did so well and went about 5 hours in between. They did feed him solids in between those 5 hours, which is normal, but I was glad 3 bottles worked. I sent 4 today, so we are back on track! After I put him to bed last night, I went back downstairs and pumped just to make sure I really did have enough for today. I watched The Real Housewives of Orange County too. So obsessed with the Bravo! Network. LOL I ended up going to bed a little after 10. I feel pretty refreshed today!

On Saturday, my sister and I are taking the boys to the spray park. It’s free and absolutely adorable! We haven’t been up there yet, but a lot of my friends have and posted pictures. It’s supposed to be really hot on Saturday, so hopefully the water isn’t freezing. The only sucky thing is that I’m going to have to get wet too! Emerson can’t exactly run himself through the water. LOL I don’t mind. As long as he has a good time that’s all I care about. Afterwards, we’ll probably just come back to my parent’s to get into the pool. Aside from that, we don’t have much going on.

On a sad note, my best friend’s grandmother was given weeks to live. It started out as months, but was decreased after they found more issues yesterday. She’s had cancer for quite some time and was receiving treatment for it. They found that it spread, so chemo was stopped. She’s going to stay with my best friend’s sister and hospice care will be provided. I feel so terrible. They are REALLY close to their grandmother. I think a lot of people look at it as an older person that you might have grown apart from over the years, but their relationship with her is not like that. Her grandmother walked her down the aisle last year when she got married. When she called me yesterday, it took everything in me not to cry. I feel so horrible. I can’t imagine what they are going through. On top of that, my best friend just had a baby 3 months ago. Thinking that her grandmother isn’t going to see him grow up makes me want to puke. My mom started crying yesterday when I told her all of the details. She said it reminded her of when her mom (my gram) died. It literally is playing out identically. The worst is there is no RIGHT thing to say either, so I hope I can just be there for her and help in any way that I can. It is going to be a rough few weeks for them. My mum and I were talking about making some dinners and such for them. Maybe lighten the load. My best friend’s sister has a husband, plus three kids. I’m sure having a little extra time with their gram over having to cook for everyone would be nice. I’m going to pick up a cupcake mix today and make some cupcakes to send over. I know it isn’t much, but to let them know that we are thinking about them and we care seems like an appropriate gesture.

Alright, I will update everyone on the test tomorrow. Cross your fingers and toes!






No comments: