Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Mummy's baking!

Well, Britt failed her driver’s test, which was complete bullshit. I watched her parallel park and she did it beautifully. I actually SCREAMED out oud when I saw her pull in between the barrels to park. The instructor got out of the car, walked to the back of the car, and wiggled one of the barrels. I had a bad feeling this lady was going to screw with my sister. She was so far from the back barrels and did NOT hit anything, yet this woman failed her and said she did. The people that work at the DMV have such God complexes. They think they hold all the control and power because they determine who gets to drive on the road. I was so pissed! Britt was bawling. It’s one thing to fail on your own accord, but to be sabotaged and failed for no reason is absolutely ludicrous. She scheduled another test for next Wednesday. If she gets this same woman, I will be livid. I’ll be sure to record next time. I am not above calling this bitch out if she pulls this again. She had this snarky grin on her face too. I knew she was going to be a bitch.

After the devastation of the test, Brittany and I headed to run some errands. I finished up the rest of the loose ends I had for Emerson’s half birthday party. Additionally, I bought diapers, and a few odds and ends that I needed for the house. I replaced the membrane on my breast pump, but found that it wasn’t the membrane at all. There was a piece on the pump that was bent preventing the membrane from lying flat. I bent it back and I was good to go again. The membranes were $6.00, so I’ll have some back up if they ever do break. I feel like I’m getting more suction though, so that’s a good thing! I dropped Britt off at home and headed back to my house to clean up a bit before I had to pick Emerson up from daycare. When we got home, it was so hot. The only room in my house that is air conditioned is my bedroom. Typically, the rest of the house is cool, but yesterday was so sticky and hot. We retreated upstairs to avoid the heat. Ten minutes later, Emerson was down for the count. He napped from 5:30pm-8:50pm! I was a little worried that he was napping so long close to bedtime, but I didn’t want to wake him. I let him sleep. When he woke up, I put him in the tub for a bath. We skipped jammies. I let him wear just a diaper to bed. Even with the air on, it was still on the warmer side. He had sweet peas and pears for dinner. Aftewards, it was boob, then bed. During our bedtime nursing session, he bit me pretty hard. He was almost asleep, so I don’t know if it was because he was more so asleep and not paying attention, or what. I screamed “Ahh!” It caught me off guard and hurt pretty badly. He was startled for a second, starting sucking again, and then conked out. He didn’t bite me again. I hope that was just a fluke. There was no trauma to my nipple though. Both are on the sore side today, so pumping hasn’t been a real treat, but I’m not getting any less than I usually do, so I think we’re okay.

While he was napping, I whipped up a batch of scones. I don’t really know what else to do aside from lending an ear/shoulder to my best friend, so I bought a really nice card and decided to make up a basket of scones to send over to her house. I ended up making caramel/chocolate, chocolate chip, and chocolate chip with drizzled chocolate. They turned out so amazing and taste great. I’m going to take them over after work today. When I went to bake them, I lined my baking sheets with wax paper. Anytime I do this, the wax burns off the paper, creates smoke, and the detector goes off. Sure enough, while I was bathing Emerson, the smoke detector starting blaring. It was the one that was in the bathroom too, so it was SO LOUD. I ended up taking it off of the ceiling. Don’t worry, I put it back up when I was done baking! Anyway, I baked half of the scones while I bathed and fed Emerson dinner. Before I took him upstairs to nurse him to sleep, I shut the oven off. After he went to bed, I went back downstairs to bake the other half. I wrote the card out and got the basket ready. All I have to do is put the scones inside before I head over today. I just hope the chocolate doesn’t melt off of them too badly. With this heat, I think it’s inevitable, but I don’t want to hand her a gooey mess.

After the scones were done, I headed up to bed. Emerson slept from about 9:30pm-2:30am. He was up for about 10 minutes to nurse, then back down until I woke him around 6:00am. I almost missed the bus today because I slept in a little late. Luckily, I made it on time. Whew! Close call! We don’t have too much going on. Tonight, after I put him to bed, I plan on trying to go through his party stuff, so that I can start making his sign and his party banner. I only have ten days. I know that seems like a lot of time, but with how limited I am on free-time, I need to take every opportunity to get things done. I don’t want to have to do much the day of the party either. I’d rather have mostly everything set up and just have to set the food out. Can we tell how absolutely excited I am??

Well, I don’t have much else to update on. I hope everyone’s week is going fast. I cannot wait for the weekend. I feel like I spent no time with Emerson yesterday because he fell asleep and napped for so long almost immediately after we got home from daycare, then it was bedtime. His top teeth are cutting through now, so I’m sure that just makes him want to sleep more to avoid the pain. My poor baby!




No comments: