Friday, August 1, 2014

Mummy's bad weather

Well, happy hour was fun, but not what I expected. My expectations were to have an explosion of fun, but it was more mellow. It took me nearly an hour to drive down with traffic, which makes me rethink things. I definitely won’t be doing that again. The commute made the entire experience not worth it. I left the house at 3:50pm. I got to happy hour at 4:45pm. I stayed until 6:45pm. Within that two hour period, I had 1 beer. It took me that long to drink it! It was nice to catch up with everyone, but I probably won’t be doing that again unless I am already in town, or it’s closer to home. I didn’t get to my parent’s house until about 7:25pm. The baby was sleeping in his swing when I got there. My sister said he was a bit fussy, but that he had slept pretty much the entire time. We stayed until almost 8:30pm. Emerson slept for about 45 minutes longer after I got back, so I didn’t want to wake him. After he woke though, I packed up our stuff and headed home for a bath. We ended up delaying bath by 45 minutes because I was chatting on the phone with my cousin. Her baby will be a year old in October. It’s nice having someone else in the family with a small baby. She’s coming to Emerson’s party on Saturday too! I can’t wait to see them! Anyway, after bath, Emerson had dinner, the boob, then bed. He only woke up one time last night around 1:30am. Not too bad. I’m hoping that’s a good sign that we’re getting back to some normalcy.

Today, I drove into work, so that Johanna can put all of the baby stuff that she brought me into my car. We’re going to run down around 12:30pm. I hope it all fits! I’m kind of nervous. If not, she’ll have to take some stuff back with her, which I’ll feel bad about doing. I’m excited to see what she brought though! I hope she brought a walker. I know Emerson would absolutely love using one! He is so mobile. It makes me sad though. Last night, he kept trying to wiggle out of my arms. He didn’t want to be held. When he was teeny tiny, all I wanted was for him to get bigger because I thought it would be easier. Now, I just miss my little baby so much! He didn’t bite me at all when he nursed last night. I could actually relax for once and it was nice just being able to hold him. That’s about the only time he really wants to be held now. He’s so curious about everything. It’s neat to watch, but still very bittersweet. I’m happy that we still have nursing at least. I’ll be really sad when he’s weaned and we lose that time together.

Okay, enough of that sad talk. He is developing and growing so well, so that’s all that really matters. Yes, I’d love for him to stay my sweet little boy, but he’s ready to be on the go! Anyway, I hope she brought a walker, so that I can plop him in it while I clean and get things ready for his party tomorrow. Can you believe it’s tomorrow already?! I feel like I’ve been planning this thing for months. In reality, it’s only been about 1.5 months of planning. I hope it all looks really cute. I have to get chairs and a table from my parent’s house. I’m hoping my sister can put some stuff into her car before work and then drive it over tonight. I’m hoping to get Emerson to bed by 915pm. That way, if he does wake up, hopefully it isn’t until after I go to bed. I really want Britt and I to be able to cook all of the food tonight and potentially set up the table and chairs in the yard.

After work, I’m going home to unload my car, let Kodie out, then going to pick Emerson up and running to the grocery store. I have to get a couple of last minute things. I need to go over my list to make sure I don’t forget anything! The last thing I want to have to do is to run out tomorrow. There are showers and thunderstorms in the forecast for tomorrow. If we do have to move the party inside, I’ll just cut it short. I can set it up really cute still, but it’ll definitely be crammed. So far, it looks like there is a 50% chance of rain during the day and an 80% chance of rain that night. The party is 4-8pm. LOL I am guessing this is going to be an indoor event, but I’ll hold out hope that I’m wrong. Britt and I can mess around to see how we can rearrange and set up for there to be room for everyone. I’m thinking as long as we can hang out a bit, feed everyone, sing happy birthday to Emerson, and open gifts, that’ll be good. It doesn’t have to be a 4 hour deal. We can try to rush through and be done with it in three. I hate to think that way, but rain is just going to kill the mood here. I don’t want to move the entire party. The same forecast is predicted for Sunday too. I just worry about the kids. What the heck will they do for three hours?? Maybe I can organize some crafts, or something. At least that’ll occupy them somewhat. Outside of that, eating, cake, and presents they might be occupied enough before boredom sets in. We were having water balloons and a slip n slide, but if it rains, that’s obviously off the table. I’ll talk to her about this later, but hopefully we can use the yard for most of the day before the rain sets in. Cross your fingers…and toes.

Alright, I guess I will let you guys know how this turns out! I hope well!



No comments: