Monday, August 11, 2014

Mummy's busy weekend

This weekend was pretty good. We had our ups and downs, but mostly ups, which is more than I could ask for. After work on Friday, I picked Emerson up and then headed to my parent’s house to visit with my aunt who was in from Erie. She and her husband stayed for about two hours. It was really nice seeing them. My cousin is getting married next year, so she came in to help her shop for dresses. They had dinner plans with her daughter and fiancĂ© that night, so they stopped by beforehand. Afterwards, Emerson and I hung out with my parents for a little bit before heading home. We were in bed relatively early. I was pretty tired from the week.

Saturday was insane! The fun kind though. Emerson and I woke up early. I made pancakes and eggs for breakfast, which he absolutely loved! It was so much fun eating breakfast together. Afterwards, he took a small nap, while I got ready and cleaned up the house. We had to head up to Walmart to buy some paint for the cloud room. I bought the most gorgeous shade of blue! I love it!! I’m only painting one wall, so I knew I didn’t need more than a gallon. I’ll definitely have plenty left over. We had a pretty good time in Walmart. We walked around and window shopped for a bit. Emerson was a perfect Angel. Afterwards, we headed over to my parent’s house. This is where the fun began! We had 7 of my cousins over to swim plus my friend and her two kids. In total, there were 9 kids (including Emerson and Isaiah) and 5 adults (including my mom and I) It was so much fun! Emerson and I were in the pool for about 2 hours. He absolutely loves the water, which I’m so thankful for. He was beat afterwards. I put him down for a nap, which ended up lasting over 2 hours! The kids had such a great time too. We made food, had snacks, and just hung out all day. It was awesome!

Yesterday, we had plans to go to the spray park with the clan that came over to swim on Saturday, but we ended up not going. I don’t even want to relay the details because it was absolutely STUPID and myself, my mom, and my sister were all part of the blame. Instead, Emerson and I went home and filled up his pool. I even got in with him. While we were swimming, he flew onto his knees from a sitting position! Gah! Of course, my kid would try to crawl in the pool. I was so caught off guard! He did it a few more times before I could record it, but I did get it the last couple of times he pulled onto his knees. Of course, the version I got was him literally diving! LOL I put him on the floor afterwards, but he wasn’t budging. My sister came over for dinner. We put him back in the pool hoping he’d do it again, but it was a no-go. We’ll keep working on it, but I was so shocked! Anyway, we had pierogies, fish sandwiches, and peas for dinner. Emerson loved it all. We had a good time having auntie over for dinner. Kodie must have had an extra good time because she was absolutely exhausted and slept the entire night. After Britt left, I gave the baby a bath, boob, then bed. He slept pretty much the entire night. I stayed up until 10 and watched my shows. I’m still kind of tired today though.

This morning was a nightmare though. I forgot the Laundromat is closed on Mondays. :FACE PALM: So, I ended up going to another Laundromat, but not having enough change. I could only do one load. I had two. I handpicked through what was the most important to wash. After I get the washer loaded and soaped up, I realize it’s broken! Gah! I had to move everything into another washer. There was soap everywhere. That washer started eating my quarters! I only had enough for that one load. Luckily, it ended up working for me. It just sucks that I’ll end up having to go to the Laundromat another time this week. I was determined to not let that ruin my day though. It was a little chaotic, but I got through it and all of the clothes are in the dryer now.

This week, we don’t have much going on. I hope to grocery shop after work today. If I don’t have time to do a full shop, I’ll just buy the stuff I need for spaghetti tonight for dinner and get the rest tomorrow. I’m going to try to finish up the painting this week. I’ll just paint every night after Em goes to bed. The entire wall is almost painted, so it shouldn’t take me too much longer. Dad is putting carpeting in for me when I’m done with the painting. I just want to make sure it’s all done before I give the green light. That’ll be it for this pay period. Nothing else will be done to it until I get paid again, which is okay. This is just the foundation. I’m excited about it. Alright, that’s about all I have for today. I hope today is extremely boring hahaha I don’t need any more excitement!

No comments: