Monday, August 25, 2014

Mummy's Nose Ass Neighbor

This weekend certainly had its highs and lows. The highs were so high that the lows don’t really matter, but maybe too many lows in a row has just put me in a grouchy mood today. I’m desperately trying to not let it get to me, but sometimes it’s easier said than done.

Friday was very nice. I had a half day at work. My mum watched Emerson for an hour, so that I could grocery shop afterwards. I ended up getting everything on my list and saving $5! That was a nice surprise. After grocery shopping, I picked Emerson up and headed home. Emerson ended up falling asleep on the way, so when we got home, I let him sleep. I put all of the groceries away and cleaned up the house. In the middle of cleaning, I was interrupted by a knock on the door. Of course, Kodie went nuts, which meant the baby woke up. I was pretty annoyed. What the hell does she want?! So, I open the door and she hands me a magnet letting me know there are bees in my front yard and she’d like to call my landlord to have him spend $250 on a bee removal service. I had to laugh at this. Who the hell does this woman think she is? She was the one who came over constantly when the skunks were in my yard. Even after the traps were set, she wouldn’t leave me alone! I just cannot stand her. If it’s on my property, then stay the fuck away from it and stay the hell away from me too. I’m so sick of her disrupting me. I just had the grass cut 2 days prior. I reached out to the person who cuts my grass and was told there was no bee’s nest. I did see bees, but nothing out of the ordinary for August. I can’t help the fact that mother nature has bees buzzing around my front yard. Too bad. She doesn’t hang out front, or back for that matter, so who cares?? It’s August. Soon, it’ll be chilly out and there won’t be any bees. I didn’t disturb my landlord over this. I assumed she’d leave it go and if I did notice any in excess, then I’d reach out.

Saturday, we had such a nice day. Emerson and I slept in. When we woke, I made us breakfast and we played at home. It was really nice not having anywhere to be early. He took several small naps. In between, I cleaned and got ready for the day. We had plans with my sister and nephew for later in the afternoon. We all headed down to the waterfront again to sincerely yogurt and then a trip to the bookstore. We had such a good time! The weather was absolutely beautiful. Emerson loved the bookstore so much. The kid’s section is freaking adorable. Obviously, I never ventured into it pre-kid, so I had no idea how adorable the set up was. It was fun looking around at all of the books. I bought him one too! He just got TONS for his half birthday, so I didn’t think we needed to buy loads. One was sufficient enough. Anyway, afterwards, we headed over to my parent’s house. We hung for a bit before we went home for the night. Emerson fought be a bit at bedtime, but after he was down for the night, I read a few chapters of “the fault in our stars”. My sister read it already, so once I am done, we’re going to go to see the movie. She is now reading “if I stay” I can’t wait to read that next. I read for about 45 minutes and then called it a night.

Sunday, Emerson and I slept in again. We woke up and I made a big breakfast for Kodie’s 2nd birthday! It feels like I’ve had her for so long. I got her in November of 2012, so I haven’t even had her for 2 years yet. Her birth date was August 24th. 2012 though, so we celebrate that date. After breakfast, Emerson and I got ready for the day. My nephew had his first football game, so we wanted to go to cheer him on. We got to my parent’s house around noon and were told the game didn’t start until 2:30pm. Originally, we thought it started around 1-1:30pm. Emerson and I suited up and hopped in the pool for an hour. The weather was beautiful! There was no way I was wasting that sitting around the house. We had such a good time. He absolutely loves the pool. Afterwards, I fed him and he napped for about 15 minutes before we had to leave for the game. The sun was BRUTAL. We were under an umbrella and he was lathered up in sunscreen, but he still ended up getting a small burn on his cheeks. Nothing horrendous, or anything to be concerned about, but he does have a tint of pink. We had a good time at the game though. The field was re-done. It looks amazing. The colors are so bright! Afterwards, we headed back into the pool for another hour. Emerson ended up taking another nap for about a half hour. I ate dinner with my family and chatted with my sister in the yard. It was really nice. We headed home around 7pm.

In true Emerson fashion, he snoozed on the way home. I took the opportunity to do bottles and try to get ready for daycare and work. Kodie was outside playing when my annoying neighbor knocked on the door! I shut the back door to quiet the barking to not wake Emerson. I wanted him to sleep for a small bit longer until I was done doing bottles. Then, I could do dinner and bath. Anyway, the neighbor just continued to knock and knock! What the hell, lady?! I ignored the door. I didn’t feel like answering to her ass. She finally left the front door and I heard the dog start to FREAK the hell out. I opened up the back door and noticed her trying to get into my yard. Okay, this has reached a serious level of ridiculousness! Kodie would have either bit her, or ran away if she would have opened the gate. Who the hell behaves this way?! I ran back to the front door and flew it open! She came back up my stairs and said “I need to ask about the bees” I told her the baby was sleeping and I cannot talk right now. She apologized and I slammed the door. What the hell?! I am so upset. Afterwards, I texted my landlord. He’s coming over this week to check things out just to appease this woman. I cannot take it though. I was so upset over it I started to cry. I am so sick of this woman. She has me on edge ALL of the time. She has me so on edge that if the baby cries, I worry that she can hear it and will complain about the noise, or think something bad is going on in my house! That is a ridiculous mindset, but she is constantly in my business. The other day, she said to me “Can I see your baby?” She had this accusatory tone to her voice too. I am a freaking WONDERFUL mother! I am not shy in saying that either. My baby is 100% taken care of. I don’t need this stupid whore questioning that, or giving me an accusatory tone. The next time she says anything to me, I’m just telling her like it is. I don’t know why I am so fearful to be direct with people. I don’t want confrontation, but this is over the line. You don’t behave this way. It isn’t right! Old people have such a complex. I don’t care that she’s older than me. She has no bearing on my life and needs to back the fuck off. I have so much going on. I don’t need to worry about this stupid bitch. It’s just an unnecessary stress. I hate having to bug my landlord. He is such a nice guy, but he has a family and a life too. Unless it’s seriously urgent like the skunks were, I don’t want to even do more than send my rent check.

After all of that occurred, I fed the baby dinner, gave him a bath, and tried putting him to bed. He was not having it for some reason. He bit me quite a few times. He hasn’t bit me in a month! I was so shocked and it completely caught me off guard. He finally went to sleep and so did I. he was up several times during the night though. I’m hoping it’s just a phase and it’ll pass quickly. I guess we’ll see how it goes tonight. This morning was so fucked up. I forgot my laptop! After I dropped the baby off, I had to go back to get it, which meant I missed the bus. I had to get on a later bus. Luckily, I wasn’t more than 30 minutes late for work. Then, one side of my pump isn’t working. I’m not sure what is up with that. When I pump again later, I’ll check it out, but I really am hoping it’s okay. I had to pump one side at a time. I just really want the rest of the day to be okay. No more surprises. My car is parked at a different park and ride now, so I’m hoping I don’t forget when I get off the bus later. That’ll be a nightmare!

This week, we don’t have much going on. I’m working in office Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. I’ll do the laundry on Thursday, then work from home. Friday, I’m also working from home, but taking a half day before the holiday. I just want to have a really nice, calm week. No neighbor problems. Just nice peace and quiet. I hate feeling like I have to report to someone. I mean, I am a grown ass woman. I have enough on my plate. I just want this woman to leave me the hell alone! Sorry, I am trying to let it go. I’m excited for Labor Day weekend though. My sister and I are going to get some fall clothes for the baby on Saturday. Sunday and Monday, we are cooking out with the family. Pool time will be logged. Let’s pray for sunshine. I can’t wait!

I know this blog is me venting a lot, but outside of the neighbor, this was one of the best weekends we had this summer. I had such a good time with the baby and hanging out. He is so freaking adorable. He is so good at crawling onto his knees. He just isn’t crawling ON them yet. He moved ONE knee yesterday. We waited forever with our cameras out to record the first crawls. It won’t be long now. We are probably any minute away from it happening. It scares me that it’ll happen at daycare, but I think they are respectful enough to not tell me, so that I think the first time is when it happens at home. He is just too cute. He makes me smile so much and is truly my sunshine. I’m ending this on a good note. I hope everyone has a speedy Monday. 

No comments: