Tuesday, August 19, 2014

MUMMY'S CRANKY PANTS

I got my rainbow colored curtain panels in the mail already! I’m so excited, but less enthused about actually hanging them up. That sounded really lazy. I just know it isn’t going to be the easiest task. My plan is to use thick string and eye hooks. I’ll have to fish the string through each curtain panel and then tie them up to the eye hooks. Sounds easy, right? I’ve done this before and it’s always really hard to get the string through the panels. The last time I did this, I tied the string to the end of a pen and I fished it through that way. There are 6 panels though. It’s going to take me some time. This is the cheapest and easiest solution to hanging these panels against the wall. I’d end up spending a ton of money on a curtain rod that can even extend that far distance. Once I get it up, it’ll be fine, but actually don’t it will probably suck. I was a little disappointed in the length too. I wanted the curtains to sweep the floor. That definitely isn’t going to happen. The length between the ceiling and floor is bigger than I anticipated. I guess we’ll just see how it looks when it’s all said and done. I’ll post pictures when it’s ready. I stuffed one cloud pillow last night. Of course, I busted the seam, so I need to take some stuffing out and repair before closing the pillow up. Decorating was an epic fail last night.

Emerson was in rare form last night too. Meltdown city for about 3 hours! I have no idea what was up with him. He was just FREAKING out. As long as I held him, he was okay, but I had stuff to do around the house. We hadn’t been home all day. Eventually, I gave up and just walked around with him. I thought maybe I’d be able to sooth him to sleep. Not a chance in hell. Around 8:15pm, I put him in the bath and let him play awhile. Afterwards, I gave him dinner, which consisted of apples/blueberries in a baby food jar. I was defeated by that point and didn’t have it in me to serve a real dinner. Plus, he seems to be a little bit bound up still. He didn’t poop at all yesterday. I started to wonder if his tummy was bothered him. I laid him down on his belly and rubbed his back and put him in a warm bath. I thought that might get things going. Hopefully the apples helped and he poops at daycare today. I do have more prunes, but I left them at my parent’s house. I’ll have to grab them if he doesn’t go at daycare today. Anyway, after dinner, I took him up to bed. I thought he was going to fight me. I guess he thought I suffered enough because he went right to bed. He was up a couple of times, but nothing outrageous. It was just really insane. I’ve never seen him flip out like that before. Part of the frustration was my own fault. I was trying to clean and stuff my cloud pillows. I should have just accepted that I wasn’t going to get anything done last night and left it for another time. Let’s just hope he has a better day today.

I did the ice bucket challenge yesterday to raise awareness for ALS. It was fun and I was silly and wore a winter coat and gloves. I caught a lot of flak for it though. I was told it was considered cheating, but I’m not re-doing the challenge. That water was cold! My sister made us use the water from the pool, which was freezing! With the temperature dropping so much in the evening, the water hasn’t warmed up at all this summer. I had a good time doing it though and it’s fun to see the people I nominated carry the challenge out.

My stomach is bothering me so much today! I didn’t think I’d make it into work, but because I want to take a half day on Friday, there was no way I was working from home today. I sucked it up and made the hour long ride into town on the bus. I didn’t throw up, so that’s a plus! I’m still feeling iffy. We have a staff meeting shortly, so I hope I can keep it together through that. Maybe this is why the baby was cranky last night. Maybe he felt the same way then that I do now. It’s no fun though! I hope it’s just a fluke. I didn’t eat anything weird yesterday either.

I was able to watch my shows after Emerson went to bed last night. I am so obsessed with the Bravo! Network. Real Housewives of Orange County was on last night. It was the season finale. I can’t wait for the reunion special. Typically, they do a 3 part reunion. It was such a good season, so I’m sure the reunion will be just as good. I can’t get enough of this channel though. I just realized I left my bedroom door open and the remote on my bed. Ugh, let’s hope Kodie doesn’t eat that today. I’ll be so upset. She already ate one remote. I won’t be able to change the channel in my bedroom and it isn’t on Bravo! Right now. I changed it to TV Land last night, so I could get my King of Queens fix before bed. I am so lame. These are the things I worry about during the day! I think the remote might be hidden under my pillow though, so there is hope that she doesn’t eat it. I love her to pieces, but she can be a real asshole at times.

I think I’ll stick to regular baby food tonight for Emerson’s dinner. I just want to make sure that I’m not causing him discomfort. Maybe I’ve been too aggressive with the solids. He has teeth though and chews and swallows so well. I don’t want to regress and start feeding pureed food again. Maybe I just need to make blander dishes. I have no idea what I’ll even make for myself tonight. I really want to be get back into cooking healthier, but I swear, it’s just easier making chicken patties and French fries! I need to re-do my grocery list and just preplan and precook meals. It’ll be easier that way.


I had my mid-year review last week. I was rated a 4 out of 5, which is amazing. Very rarely does anyone receive a 5, so getting a 4 is great. We have end of year reviews sometime in December. I won’t find out my raise amount until January, which will go into effect on April 1st. I hope it’s good. I have a huge project due by the end of the year. I have to break out and complete16 process flows. My year end goal is to complete 7 flows. I already have 3 done. I’m working on a 4th this week. I’m aiming to completely at least 10 before end of year, so I’m exceeding the goal. It takes a really long time though.

Alright, I have to go get ready for my meeting. My stomach is dying right now.  I hope everyone has a really good Tuesday.




No comments: