Friday, August 15, 2014

Mummy's in the clouds

I finished the cloud wall! It looks beautiful and I couldn’t be happier with it! I haven’t done anything else to the room. I’m waiting for the colored panels to come in the mail, so I can hang them on the adjacent wall to resemble a rainbow. I think it’ll look cute! I’m so much more excited over this room now that I see the cloud wall completed. I can’t believe I didn’t mess it up! I am no artist, so doing something freehand like that made me extremely nervous. You can’t really mess up a cloud though. It’s supposed to be whimsical!



Emerson can now crawl backward. It is hilarious! He more slides than crawls, but it’s a step towards crawling. It won’t be long now. I have a couple of baby-proofing kits that I need to open to prepare the house. I haven’t done that yet, but we’re getting awfully close to him being able to crawl, so I might as well prepare now. Emerson had ravioli for dinner last night and loved it. It wasn’t regular ravioli. It was one of those Gerber meals, so there wasn’t any sauce on it. It was stuffed with carrot. I had to run to the store to grab a gift bag for the baby shower I’m going to tomorrow and grabbed it on a whim. He tried picking the pieces up himself, but we aren’t quite there yet. I’ll still let him try, but for now, it’ll be me spoon and fork feeding.

I have a half day today, which is awesome. After work, I’m heading to the Laundromat to finish up the clothes I didn’t get to wash on Tuesday and what we’ve used all week. Afterwards, I’m just hanging out with Emerson. We’ll visit my parents and then probably head over to the park. No pool today. It’s not going to be that warm and was chilly this morning. This summer has been such a bust. More cold and rainy days than hot. The baby loves the water too, so it really irritates me when we can’t use the pool during the weekends.

I still haven’t heard if my sister and mom are taking my nephew to football weigh-ins tomorrow. I really hope they aren’t. My mom is babysitting Emerson for me, while I go to the baby shower. I guess I’ll find out when she gets home from work around 11am today. Alright, that’s about all I have to report now! I hope everyone has an awesome weekend!!!!

No comments: