Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Mummy's scare

I was able to get the grocery shopping done after work last night. I was also able to get all of our laundry put away too before I picked Emerson up from daycare. My parents were having breakfast for dinner, so they invited us over. Emerson had just eaten at 4:10pm, so I knew he wouldn’t be hungry. He ended up falling asleep on the way over to their house, waking up to eat some eggs, then going back to sleep for another snooze. He ended up sleeping the entire drive home and stayed sleeping until about 8:15pm. While he slept, I did all of the dishes and cleaned/sterilized bottles, plus packed my lunch for today. After he woke up, I took him right to the tub for bath. Afterwards, I fed him dinner (just carrots/cereal last night), then he got the boob and put down for bed. I stayed up until 10pm to watch my show (Real Housewives of Orange County). I conked out shortly after. Emerson woke up around 3am to eat. I was so tired when my alarm went off at 4am that I slept in until 5:15am. Not good. Luckily, I had everything ready. All I had to do was shower and pump real quick. I still made it to the bus in time. Emerson was NOT happy when I woke him at 6am though. I felt bad. I can’t wait for the weekend when we can just sleep in a bit and wake naturally with no alarms. I’m making spaghetti for dinner tonight. We’ll have leftovers, so we’ll end up eating that again tomorrow night. I hope Emerson likes it. If not, I’ll be taking spaghetti for lunch the next few days!

Emerson scared the hell out of me last night during bath. He crawled forward to grab his rubber ducky and when he did it, he put his face down and got water in his nose. For a second, he was looking at me with this panicked expression on his face. I grabbed him out of the tub and ran towards my phone. I thought I was going to have to call 911! I know, I know. First mom jitters. It looked like he wasn’t breathing for a second and then all of a sudden, A-CHOO! He let out a huge sneeze. I felt such relief. I put him back in the tub and tried to remain calm. The last thing I want to do is scare him of the water. He was fine after that. I don’t care how much you hover and watch. You can’t predict him doing something like that. I stopped using the baby tub because he’s get a little big for it, but he also can’t really play in it. There is a built in seat that makes him have to lie back, therefore he can’t really splash, or play. Now that he can hold himself up and sit up so well, I took the baby tub out and he’s just been taking baths in the big tub. I think I’ll be doing the laundry basket method from now on. This way, he can’t pull any slick moves on me, but he has the freedom to sit up and play. I was so panicked though. It scared the shit out of me! Anyway, after all of that, we had jammie time. I put him on the floor and tried to get him to crawl forward like he did in the pool and the tub. No go. Maybe he just feels the confidence in the water. We’ll keep working at it, but it’s insane to me how he wants to pull onto his knees and does pull onto his knees anytime he’s in water, but doesn’t do it when he’s on the floor!

The daycare teacher mentioned his bottles to me this morning when I dropped him off. She said she noticed they were smaller. I said yes, they are 1oz smaller, but I am sending the same amount of ounces. They’re just broken out into 5 bottles instead of 4. I told her I never decreased his bottles after I started solids, so after seeing the doctor, we talked about it, and she said it was fine. I didn’t feel like his teacher was being combative with me, but I didn’t feel like she was supporting it either. I don’t really care. He’s my child and I’ll make the decisions. I pay them to do what I want, so I’ll continue sending his bottles this way. He’s eating plenty. She even made the comment that he’s wanting more of the solids now. Well duh! The doctor said she wants Emerson eating at least 20oz of milk a day. He’s having 16oz at daycare and then I nurse AT LEAST 3 times after daycare. He’s definitely getting those 20oz and then some.

My friend’s baby shower is on Saturday. I have to look at the invitation, but I think it starts around 1pm. My mom is babysitting for me, so that I don’t have to bring Emerson with me. As much as I love my little monster, it’ll be nice to go and hang out with the girls for a few hours without him. Plus, it’ll be really chaotic with him there. He is never going to want to sit at a table nicely. I don’t want to make him have to do that either. He’ll get a grandma day. The only wrench in the plan is if my mom has to take my nephew to football weigh-ins. It isn’t that close and I’m not comfortable with them taking Emerson. I don’t know why. I trust my mom’s driving abilities, but it just seems like a lot. Driving 40 minutes up to weigh-ins and 40 minutes back. Plus, it’ll probably take a couple of hours just to be weighed. The entire football association has to be weighed. We’ll see though. My nephew is with his dad that day, but his dad and mom were fighting over it yesterday, so we’ll see what happens. Can I just say, I am so glad I don’t have to co-parent! I am more than thankful that I don’t have to put up with someone’s shit! They both screw with each other. It is exhausting to me, so I can’t imagine how they both feel. My nephew is 10 though, so he’s a little older and understands what is going on. I don’t ever want to expose Emerson to such negativity. I’m glad that I’m the one making all of the decisions.

Let’s talk about pumping for a minute. My favorite topic aside from Emerson. Yesterday, I only pumped 19oz. Typically, I pump around 22/23oz a day. I didn’t pump when I woke up though. Instead, I fed him before daycare. If I hadn’t done that, I’m sure I would have had my 23oz. So far today, I’ve pumped twice and I’ve gotten 11oz. The first time I got 5 and the second time I got 6. That’s almost three bottles! I have an extra 2oz sitting at home too, which is nice. I’m trying to build up a stock and I think I have a pretty good shot with the way I’m doing bottles now. Emerson only drank 4 of the 5 bottles that I sent yesterday to daycare, so I only had to send 4 bottles today. I want to build a stockpile to be able to grab a bottle if we’re going somewhere, or for days that someone might be watching him for me like on Saturday during the shower. It’ll be nice to not feel so much pressure because I’ll have a bit extra on hand. Right now, I’m poor in the breastfeeding world because I only have 2oz stock piled. My friend has over 300oz, so she is quite wealthy with all of that liquid gold. I’m happy knowing I can replenish what daycare uses every day. He is always with me outside of daycare, so I can nurse on demand and never have to worry about having bottles. No one else is feeding him.

I’ve started and stopped this blog all day, so I’m sorry if it’s long. I just have fleeting thoughts at times and it’s really nice to get them down. I don’t have a lot of “me” time. As crazy as it sounds, blogging is “me” time and I prefer this over shopping, or doing something by myself. Even though I really enjoy it, it’s convenient. It’s free, I don’t have to go anywhere, and I don’t compromise any time with the baby. It’s a win win 

Tonight, I’m really going to try to stay motivated, so that I can finish painting the cloud room. I bought a paint brush last night. The roller wasn’t cutting it on those basement cement walls. I needed a paint brush to get into all of the grooves and cracks. I didn’t feel well last night though, so didn’t get up to paint after I put Emerson to bed. My goal is to have it all done by the end of the week. I still have to paint the clouds onto the wall after I’m done with the blue. I decided to only paint one wall and to put up fabric on the second wall. I want to do rainbow colors. I found cheap curtain panels for $4.99 yesterday. I found a red, orange, indigo, green, yellow, and blue. I didn’t order them because I can’t right now, but I plan on getting them next Friday when I get paid. I think it’ll look really adorable having one wall of blue sky/clouds, and then the adjacent wall of panels that resemble a rainbow. It’ll also be nice knowing that I don’t have to paint two walls. This way, if I ever do move, I’ll only have to paint over one wall. Less work for me. The fabric panels was a fleeting thought, but I think it’ll look really adorable and soften that space up. It seems so cold with the cement walls. The carpet will soften it up too, but I definitely think hanging up some fabric is the way to go. I have white, sheer curtains to enclose the rest of the space. It’ll look really adorable. I’m excited. I can’t wait for it to be done. It feels like it’s going to take me forever!!

Alright, that’s about all I have for now. I hope everyone has a lovely Tuesday 






No comments: