Monday, August 18, 2014

Mummy's mellow weekend

This weekend was pretty mellow. After work on Friday, I went to do the laundry. Emerson stayed with my mom. Afterwards, we went home. Nothing too exciting to report. Saturday, my mom and sister babysat for me, so that I could go to my friend’s baby shower. It was gorgeous! I had a nice time. Emerson ended up army crawling for the first time when I wasn’t there. I was so upset that I missed it, but luckily, my sister was able to get a video of it. When I got home, my sister and I took the baby down to the waterfront. We went to a place called Sincerely Yogurt. Emerson had sherbet and loved it! We window shopped for a bit before heading home. Yesterday, I filled up his pool. We swam a bit before heading over to visit my parents. I ended up running up to Walmart to purchase stuffing for two cloud pillows that I made during one of Emerson’s naps yesterday. I can’t wait to complete the pillows. They are so adorable! I used some gray polka dotted fabric that I had lying around the house. The cost of the stuffing was pretty minimal, so I got two huge pillows for about $9!

This week, nothing too much is going on. I have to hang the patio door curtain in my basement. Let’s hope that isn’t too hard of a project. I have another half day on Friday too, which I’m excited about. I’m hoping the weather is beautiful this upcoming weekend, so that we can use the pool. It’s been so chilly at night. The water is freezing! I know if I wouldn’t want to get in, then Emerson for sure won’t want to use it. Britt and I are taking the kids back to sincerely yogurt this Saturday. Isaiah wasn’t with us when we went and he wants to check it out. He has an away football game on Saturday too. I don’t think I’ll be attending that though. It’s too much work with the baby. He isn’t going to want to sit in bleachers for hours on end. I can’t exactly let him crawl around either. We’ll go to the first home game though and stay for a bit to cheer Isaiah on.

I had to give Emerson prunes last night. He has been having a rough time going #2. He went twice on Saturday, but both times were very hard and stone-like. After he ate the prunes, he ended up having a bowel movement during dinner! I didn’t care. I was just happy it was soft and he felt better afterwards! So, it seems okay now. I have more prunes just in case, but I’m so glad he was able to go last night! I made tater tot casserole yesterday. He was not a fan. I think it was the ground meat in it. I’ll just eat that for the week and give him something else. I’ll give it another try tonight before I call it a fail.

I have new visitors living under my shed…BUNNIES! They are absolutely adorable! Before I moved in, my landlord told me there were a lot of adorable, fluffy bunnies that run around the neighborhood. I hadn’t seen any. Well, the skunks moved in and kicked the bunnies out. I guess they reclaimed their home now that the skunks are gone! Kodie wasn’t too bothered by them yesterday. We were all in the yard and she didn’t even chase after the bunny. I know she saw it too. I just don’t want her getting a hold of one. I will freak out if Kodie ends up eating a bunny. I’ve never seen her eat anything before, but I haven’t had much luck with wildlife either. LOL Anything is possible!

Alright, that’s about all I have for today. I hope everyone has a speedy Monday!

No comments: