Thursday, November 20, 2014

Mummy is annoyed...sorry for the rant!

Today is picture day! I’m so excited! After work yesterday, I went to Kmart and bought Emerson the most adorable outfit! He’s wearing a mickey mouse tux complete with a bow tie. It’s not actual tuxedo material. It’s a cotton, lightweight material, but so adorable. I hope the pictures turn out well. I went with the $18.00 package. It comes with enough pictures to give my family, plus wallet-sized ones that I can insert with our Christmas cards. What a cool first-time experience for us though!

When I picked Emerson up from daycare, his teacher let me know that she has an adorable pea coat to bring in for him. I thought that was really nice of her to offer! He wears an adorable pea coat now, but the one she has is a bit bigger, so we can use it as he grows. I want to send a snack in next week for Thanksgiving before holiday break. I just haven’t figured out what to send yet. It’s always nice to give thanks to the people that take care of your baby every day!

After daycare, Emerson napped from 5pm-615pm. It was nice. I was able to clean the house, get bottles ready, and make dinner. I even had some time to sit on the couch and relax! After E woke up, we had dinner together. I made fish sticks, fries, and strawberry apple sauce. It was pretty darn good. Not gourmet at all, but easy for a Wednesday night. After dinner was bath. He loves bath time. He played forever. He wasn’t tired though, so after jammies, we went to the living room to play for about an hour. Bedtime wasn’t too bad. He fell asleep by 9 and stayed down until around 4am. He was up for about 5 minutes and then went right back down until I woke him up at 5:55am. I was very sleep last night, so I was glad to get a big chunk of z’s. I hope the remainder of the week and weekend are like that.

When I went to pump this morning, a piece of my plastic tubing broke off, so now I am down to pumping one side at a time. I do have an extra tube at home. I think the part that broke off will fit into my new tubes. The tubes at home suck, but I saved them just in case. Let’s hope I can fix it. New tubes are expensive. I didn’t anticipate having to replace them again. It’s faster to dual pump, but I think I get more milk when I do one side at a time. Pros and cons I guess. In the meantime, it’ll be solo pumping for the rest of the day!

Tomorrow is light up night in town. I do not want to work in town. I’d rather work from home because the entire city will let out of work early, which means I might not get on the bus. The bus will not stop if it’s packed. That means I put a huge risk on being late to pick Emerson up from daycare. I asked if I could work from home on Friday because of this. I work from home two days a week and already used my two days on Monday and Tuesday. Emerson was sick, so I didn’t want to be stuck in town if I got a call that he needed to go home early, so I worked at home. I never ask for anything special, or any special treatment. I’m not sure what the deal is, or why I am being met with such an argument over an extra day. I was told “I was letting everyone leave at 3pm” I already leave at 3pm on a typical day. The bus comes at 3:15pm. The next one doesn’t run until 3:50pm. If the bus is too packed, it’ll roll right past me and I’ll have to stand outside in the freezing cold until 3:50pm. If that bus is too packed, the same thing will happen AGAIN. I was told “I can drop you off” What?! I do not live anywhere near the city. My bus ride is already an hour and ten minutes long. It’s just so odd to me. I don’t know what the deal is, but I am very annoyed. I do have a plan B though. A few of the women I ride the bus with are going to leave work 10 minutes early and walk through town up to the first bus stop. This way, we can assure we get a place on the bus. It’ll suck doing that, but at least I know I won’t have to wait. I don’t think people realize the way my bus works. Because it’s going over an hour away, there aren’t buses every 10 minutes. It gets EXTREMELY packed, especially around holidays, or special events like light up night. (for those of you who do not know, light up night is a big festival that goes on in the city every November. The city is decorated with Christmas trees, lights, etc. It’s schedule throughout that night for each area of the city to light up. There are tons of activities, streets are closed down, etc. That’s why people who work in the city know what a damn nightmare it is and they all try to get out early…hence the bus situation). Anyway, there are other folks who work from home 3 and sometimes more days a week. I do not take advantage. I stick to the rules, I get my work done earlier than expected, and I am a great employee (No, I am not just saying this either) It really pisses me off so badly that I am not being granted this. This is why I was so annoyed yesterday. I am still annoyed now. I don’t know if I should ask again, or what. I don’t want to look stupid if the answer is no, but I just know how AWFUL it’s going to be tomorrow afternoon. I already have enough to deal with. Sometimes I wish people could just see that and throw me a fricken bone. I seriously never ask for anything, sympathy, help, nothing. No special treatment. NOTHING. I don’t even take lunch breaks because I pump. They legally HAVE to let me pump too, but I feel guilty for doing it three times a day/ten minutes apiece, so I never take breaks AT ALL. I eat at my desk. I have to stop ranting about this because it’s going to make me cry. I know it doesn’t seem like that big of a deal, but it is to me. It’ll absolutely make my fucking Friday afternoon suck huge donkey dicks and I don’t feel like dealing with it!

No comments: