Monday, November 3, 2014

Mummy's Halloween!

This weekend was awesome! Trick or treating was so much fun. Honestly, I didn’t realize what I was missing out on all of those years! It was so neat to take Emerson around to all of the houses. I dressed him up as a penguin. Boy, did he look adorable! Afterwards, we passed out candy at my parent’s house. Then, all of my cousins came over and all of the kids played. It was nice. Emerson slept so well that night. I was beat and had a bit of an upset tummy, so I was happy to not have to fight at bedtime. Saturday, we laid around all day and never left the house. It was incredible. By Sunday, I had a bit of cabin fever, so we went to Walmart, then to and early dinner with my sister and nephew. At Walmart, I picked up supplies to make a Santa Claus wreath. Wow, it came out adorably. It turned out so well that I’ve decided to try to sell some of my wreaths. So far, I’ve sold two. I really hope that number increases. I’m making a frozen inspired one this weekend. Let’s hope it turns out well. I can only make a wreath after I’ve sold one. The profit isn’t big. About $5 per wreath that I’ve sold, plus I cover the cost of materials. I really hope this thing takes off. Having a little extra wiggle room would be nice. Plus, I absolutely love doing this. It’s such a fun hobby! Cross your fingers and toes for me. I think the Frozen wreath will be what launches this whole thing. I know so many people who have Frozen crazed kids. These would be adorable to personalize and hang on their bedroom doors, or inside of their rooms. I’m going to start doing the base work to the wreath before the wig gets here, so that I can immediately post it for sale. I don’t want to lose any money on this. It’s costing me $25 to make. I’m hoping to sell it for about $31. A very small profit. I’ll increase the prices a tad once I have a bigger customer base. I don’t want to be greedy. As a broke mom, it’s nice to find cute things that aren’t super expensive. That’s my goal. Cover the cost of materials and have a little pocket change left over!

Tonight, Emerson has his 9 month checkup. I hope it goes well and we aren’t left waiting for the doctor forever this time. I believe they draw some blood at this appointment. It’s just a finger prick, but even I squirm at that. I can’t imagine how E will react. The appointment is at 5, so I have to pick him up from daycare early today so that we can make it on time. My gas tank is literally on E. I hope I can make it to the station before I run out of gas. I am so stupid for not getting it this morning. I’m only worried because I have to go through a school zone on the way home, which runs the risk of running out of gas even more! Cross your fingers and toes that I avoid that too!

Aside from making wreaths and the doctors this week, I plan on saving our pennies and sticking indoors all week. I’m not sure what the weekend holds yet. Sometimes I think making no plans is better because it allows me to save money. If anything, we’ll go walk around the mall, or maybe head over to my cousin’s house to play with her daughter for a bit. We can make some cookies and take them over too!

Alright, I hope everyone had a really good weekend!


No comments: