Monday, November 10, 2014

Mummy is making sales!

Where to begin? I can’t even remember what the last thing I wrote about was. Wreath sales are booming. A week in, and I’ve gotten 10 orders. I’ve filled 4 so far. I have to drop one off today, tomorrow, and then the rest on Friday. I’m well ahead of schedule though. It’s so exciting! I can’t even express how awesome this is. It seems as soon as I am done completing and filling orders, I get a couple more. I’m debuting my Frozen wreath on Friday! I can’t wait. I think that’ll drive in some business and create a bigger buzz. I’ve had questions surrounding the release date. It’s happening! I’ve set a deadline in the midst of having to make 4 other wreaths, but I’m happy and it’s nice to have some extra money! So far, $193 in sales. After materials, I’m left with a $61 profit! I know, I know. The materials are expensive and I’m not selling the wreaths for that much. I did up the prices a bit though. I don’t want to make it outrageous. Affordably beautiful is what I’m going with here. It really is nice to have a little bit of extra money. It isn’t a lot, but to me, $61 is like being rich!

Okay, so onto our weekend. Friday night, I had to drop off wreaths and a t-shirt that I designed for a friend. I didn’t want to drag the baby in and out of the car, so my mom babysat him for about a half an hour for me. Afterwards, we hung out at my parent’s house for a bit before heading home. Saturday, we played for most of the day before getting ready and heading out with my sister. I had to pick up some Steeler ribbon to finish a Steeler wreath I had to make. Afterwards, we went to dinner to a Mexican restaurant. Emerson loved it! On a side note, I wouldn’t have ever been able to afford to take us to dinner before. It was so nice to be able to do that. I can’t even express how appreciative I am for the people that have bought wreaths off of me. Yes, I only spent $20 on dinner, but that’s a luxury we usually don’t have. It was super nice to not even worry about going to dinner and not worrying so much about spending the money. I’ll always have some worry, but it was nice to just do that on Saturday night. No, I won’t be getting wild and spending lavishly now. I’m not making THAT much extra money, but it was nice to do something spontaneous for a change. On Sunday, we did nothing all day. We played at home. I made a big breakfast and we stayed in our jammies all day. It was nice. Emerson was a bit difficult to get down for bedtime and he randomly woke a few times screaming. That was probably the biggest pit of the weekend, so I can’t complain. We did wake up really late today though. I was late to work, which sucks. I had to haul in a big wreath too for a co-worker who purchased it off of me.

This week is going to be insane. I have to make 5 wreaths!! After work today, I have to buy supplies. I’m hoping to get a little ahead and make an extra wreath tonight. In between wreath making, I’ll be hanging out with Emmie pie. Outside of that, we will just be home bodies for the week and save our pennies for the weekend. I believe my sister and I are taking the boys out to dinner this weekend. Emerson did so well at the restaurant on Saturday night that we wanted to try again this weekend. This week, we also have to complete Emerson’s submission in the daycare’s holiday art contest. The winner gets their art project debuted in the daycare’s holiday card, plus a $25 gift card to toys r us! I’m hoping we win! We have to submit his entry by Wednesday, so I guess we’ll try to do that tonight, or tomorrow night. More things to add to the list!

I’m still not done Christmas shopping. I had a full list of ideas for everyone, but I’ve changed my mind so many times. I’m completely done with my dad, so that’s good. I have a few things for my sisters, mom, and Emerson, but I need to get stuff for my nephew. I was thinking of getting crafty and doing some DIY gifts for my mom and sister. I just don’t know when I’ll have time with all of the wreath making I’m doing. I also want to make my own wrapping paper using brown packing paper. I know, I know. I try to take on way too much, but I can’t help it! I don’t like to craft when Emerson is awake. I think that time should be spent with him, not dividing my attention. I did get in some wreath making over the weekend while he played, but we were together all weekend, so I felt less guilty. During the week, we barely are together, so I don’t think it’s fair to split my attention like that.

Okay, I have to do about 300 things today, so I better wrap this up. Have a super week everyone!







No comments: