Thursday, November 6, 2014

Mummy's making sales!

I’ve sold 7 wreaths! Insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The profit isn’t that high yet. I’ve sold 7 wreaths for $123. After the cost of materials, which was $89.32, I’ve made a net profit of $33.68. Not bad! $33.68 more in my pocket than I had! Now, I didn’t get paid for all of the wreaths yet. I got paid for one today, I’ll be paid for 2 tomorrow, 1 on Sunday, 1 on Monday, 1 on Tuesday, and 1 on Thursday. I’m being paid as they are completed and dropped off, so it isn’t a bad deal. It just sucks because I have to front the cost of the wreaths. I picked varying drop off dates, so that I can use the funds from what I sell for the supplies for the ones I need to make. I’m definitely enjoying this A LOT. I wanted to buy Emerson a few more Christmas presents, so it looks like I’ll be able to do that at this rate. I hope that I can sell some more. It’s been very exciting. The good part is the people who ordered wreaths ordered a different variety, so I’ll be able to show my capabilities and offer more designs. I hate to say this, but I’m definitely going to have to up the cost of the wreaths by a few dollars. I was asked to make a Steeler wreath. I believe it’ll cost me around $18 to make the wreath, which means I’m only make $1 profit because I’m selling it for $19. I wanted to get a little bit of buzz going first before I decided to up the price. It won’t be by much. Again, I am not trying to be greedy. A little pocket money, plus the joy of the hobby is enough for me. I do know with all of the running around I’ve been doing that I need to charge a few more dollars. I can’t go through all of this just to make $1! There are some wreaths though that are only costing me about $11.40 to make. I’m selling those ones for $19 as well, so I’ll be making a profit of $7.60, which is nice! I just keep thinking that I made $33.68 in the last 4 days. That was so quick. I’m sure all of my time, energy, and gas money depletes that somewhere, but I’ve been working on these when the baby is sleeping, so I’m not taking away from him. It feels so good to be supported by people. I can’t even express the gratitude I have for people taking a chance and ordering something from me. It’s very humbling. It’s nice to be given this opportunity. Even if it isn’t for much money, I appreciate people using their hard earned money on my product! I hope that I make everyone proud that ordered a wreath from me. I’m putting my best foot forward and trying to give a little extra oompf to each wreath. I truly do love this!

The rest of the week and weekend will be centered around completing my wreaths and picking up supplies to complete them on time. In between, the baby and I will play and maybe sneak out of the house for a bit to do something with my sister. She doesn’t have my nephew this weekend and I believe her fiancé is going back on the road to work. She will probably be bored. I was thinking we could go to dinner, or something together. Maybe she can run wreath errands with us and we can take the baby for frozen yogurt. I don’t want to spend a ton of money, but I do want to be able to get out of the house with the baby for a bit. He deserves to have a little fun too!

Last night, the baby and I went to my parent’s house for dinner. We stayed there until nearly 8pm. He conked out on the way home and ended up sleeping until about 9pm. I took that time to complete one of the wreaths that are due tomorrow. After he woke, we went right to bed. We skipped bath, but we can make that up tonight. I’m working from home tomorrow, so I’ll have time afterwards to run to the store for the rest of my wreath supplies for the weekend. Okay, that’s about all I have for now. I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their day!


No comments: