Friday, November 21, 2014

Mummy's weekend update!

Good news. I was able to work from home today. I couldn’t be happier to avoid the mass chaos that will be ensuing downtown in just a few hours. My boss gave approval at the end of the day yesterday after I had approached him about it again. We had ample coverage, so I didn’t really understand what the issue was anyway. I’m just glad that I was accommodated. I was one pissed off mother!

Emerson slept like shit last night. After daycare, he napped from 5pm until 7:45pm. I knew I was a goner when he woke up. He wasn’t too happy, so I changed his diaper, nursed him, and he fell back to sleep. I ended up calling it a night just in case he decided to wake up early. Oh boy, did he ever! He was up nearly every hour! Finally, around 4am, he was up for good. I ended up getting us both ready for work/daycare and letting him play in the living room. He must have tuckered himself out because he was fast asleep when I dropped him off at daycare! I know I was pretty whooped (still am). I won’t be letting him nap quite that long again!

After I dropped him off, I ran to Walmart to see if they had any thanksgiving onesies. No dice. Everything is all Christmas. What the heck happened to Thanksgiving? I’m so sick of the way these retail stores overrun every holiday. It makes no sense to me. Because there was no Thanksgiving clothing, I grabbed a plain shirt, some felt, and liquid stitch to make my own. I ended up making a piece of pumpkin pie out of felt and gluing on I HEART PUMPKIN PIE onto a shirt for Emerson. It looks okay. It could be better, but whatever. It’s good enough to wear at my parent’s house on Thanksgiving.

Tonight, we have no plans. I just hope that we can sleep! We are heading to my cousin’s house tomorrow evening and then to the mall on Sunday. It’s supposed to be a lot warmer over the weekend too. This cold weather can pound salt! I’m already sick of it and it only just begun! OO I almost forgot! Emerson’s teachers said he posed perfectly for his pictures! I can’t wait to get them in!

My sister sent an adorable Halloween treat bag for Emerson. She didn’t make it down for Halloween and has been busy with her new house, so he didn’t get it until today, but it’s so cute. She put all of his favorite things together! Very thoughtful. This is the sister that I spoke about before that wasn’t really talking to myself and the family. Things are SO MUCH better now. We talk A LOT via text. She’s coming over on Thanksgiving too! I haven’t seen her in a while because she bought a new house and has been renovating it. Hopefully after its all put back together we can go and visit to get an official tour.

Okay, that’s about all I have for today. I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!




No comments: