Friday, November 21, 2014

Mummy thinks single parents do it better! (and why you should too!)

Sometimes, even when people aren’t meaning to, they frown down upon single motherhood. Even in general conversation, it’s apparent that a two parent family is always better ( according to you, not me). Today, single parents get the bragging rights. Below are a few reasons why I think being a single parent is better, so nah nah nuh boo boo! Today, I win!

1. No arguing over who does or doesn’t do < insert chore , errand, or whatever else you bitch about daily>
2. No one to undermine my authority
3. No negotiations. I make all the decisions!
4. More bonding time with my baby!
5. Bragging rights for raising an amazing kiddo myself
6. I make the rules (and I break them without argument)
7. I choose the values that are instilled in my child
8. I can make whatever the fuck I want for dinner! (breakfast and lunch too)
9. The closet is ALL mine!
10. No one around to argue with me!
11. No arguing or discussions over money. I make it, I spend it!
12. No one to fuck up my house after I’ve cleaned it! Less laundry/dishes too!
13. I am independent
14. I don’t need to consult anyone before making decisions
15. I’m not disappointed daily over the lack of love, help, and support I’m not getting.
16. I don’t have to split time on the holidays. My schedule and my family!
17. It takes me a lot longer to run out of toilet paper!
18. I don’t have to shave every day!
19. I don’t have to pretend to like you when I don’t!
20. I can listen to whatever the fuck I want to in the car!
21. The television is ALL mine!
22. When the baby is asleep for the night, it truly is ME-time.

There you have it. I am a really proud person. Each time the baby grows another month and reaches another milestone, it’s another reason for me to celebrate making it there as well. Not only do I love seeing him grow, but it’s a reminder that I got him there with no help, but my own. We’ve been flying by the seat of our pants through this first year. Fumbles here and there, but we are making it and I couldn’t be happier. Everything that happens is a result of my hard work. I can take all of the credit without question. Single parents are super heroes. We really are. Doing the work of two and sometimes doing it better. Shout out to all of the single parents and all of your hard work. You are a fucking rock star!





No comments: