Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Mummy is officially ticked off!

Last night was much better than the last few, but still not back to where we were. Emerson was pretty restless and woke several times. No crying though, so that’s an improvement. He wasn’t too hard to put to bed either. His nap after daycare was pretty short, so I’m thinking that worked out in my favor. While he napped, I made s’mores chocolate bark for his daycare teachers as a Thanksgiving treat. We also sent in a card to thank them for all they do in caring for Emerson daily. They seemed quite surprised, but very appreciative. It’s nice to tell someone thank you and what better way to do it than with a yummy snack?!

Well, my sister and her ex have seemed to revive their relationship once again. I’m pretty annoyed considering we had to cheerlead her all weekend over the heartache that he caused, yet she stayed with him last night. I don’t really care what she does. It’s her life and her choices. What she does affects her and my nephew. As long as it isn’t affecting me, I don’t care, but today it did and I didn’t even get a fucking apology! I only worked from home because she said she needed a ride to work. I come over to my parent’s house, and she isn’t here! What the fuck?! I can’t get a head’s up? I know she was probably too embarrassed to tell me that she was staying with her ex last night and he was taking her to work, but I don’t care. You don’t dick someone over like that and then not even apologize for it! When I asked where she was and she responded, I said “no comment” She wrote back and said “Good, cause I didn’t ask for one” Don’t get fucking smart with me! I was there all weekend to pick up the pieces and changed my schedule to accommodate her and she wasn’t even here! When she did get here, she didn’t say anything to me at all. Not even a damn apology. On top of that, we built her up all weekend and put her ex down, so now what? I can’t just turn my cheek and pretend that he isn’t a fucking asshole. I’m sure they’ll end up breaking up 5 to 6 more times before one of them comes to their senses, but I want off this roller coaster. I’m not dating, so why do I have to be in the drama? Leave me out of it and do not dick me over! What a way to start my day!

After work, I have to run to the store to grab the ingredients for the buffalo chicken bites that I’m making for Thanksgiving. I was going to grab a bottle of wine too. I honestly don’t even know why I’d spend my money though. I can barely even drink half a glass. I’m sure someone else will grab something anyway. I guess I’ll play that one by ear, but why buy alcohol if I can’t even drink? My mom has to work Thanksgiving morning, so she’s asked us to help with the cooking. I know my dad will have it all under control, but I have no problem helping out anyway. I was also thinking of making some bark too. It came out so well for daycare, that it would be nice to make some for Thanksgiving. Maybe I can do a chocolate, peanut, caramel bark. That sounds amazing! I want some NOW! I just want to avoid the madness at the store. I need to pick up the prints that I ordered last week from Walmart. Gah. This is where I am conflicted. Should I get the prints and the ingredients I need at Walmart, or just get the prints there and go to a different store for everything else? Walmart just gets so nuts. I don’t feel like waiting in a crazy long line after work. I want to run home and clean before I pick the baby up from daycare too. I just don’t want to waste all of my time at the store. I have all day to decide. We’ll see!

I’m guessing our plans for tomorrow aren’t going to work out. I’m more than sure my sister will choose being with her ex over me and Emerson, so I’ll just pull all the decorations and the tree out tonight for Emerson and I to get ready tomorrow. The night before Thanksgiving is the biggest drinking night of the year around here. That pretty much guarantees that my sister will be with her ex out somewhere. This is the stuff that bothers me. You made plans with us, but we are so easily replaced when her ex wants to come back around. On top of that, she won’t make plans unless she knows he doesn’t want to see her first. I don’t live my life that way. If someone asks me to do something, I answer regardless of anyone else. The only way that’ll change is if he’s being an asshole and wants to go out without her. I don’t like being second fiddle, back burner, . Family should come first, especially when that family is always there for you. I guess we’ll see what happens, but I am not going to let it spoil the holiday.

Emerson was teething so badly last night. I felt so bad! I gave him Motrin and some teething tabs, plus a teething toy. It seemed to help soothe the pain. I can’t even tell which teeth he’s getting, so that leads me to believe we’ll be in this nightmare awhile longer. I just don’t want it to overtake the whole holiday. I miss my smiling boy! He was so upset and miserable last night. He just kept hugging me and holding onto me so tightly and moaning with pain. It was cute, but sad because he was crying. We were able to play for a while without tears, so that made me happy. It’s sad to not see him all day and then have him be so upset and in pain.

I want to hang my outdoor lights tomorrow too. I have a string of white lights that I plan to hang on my porch and banister. I have a small front porch, so I’m not sure how fancy I’ll get. I do want us to be festive though. I’ll start with the string of lights I have and then go from there. A Santa wreath would be nice if I ever had time to make one! I guess I can work on that too.

Alright, I guess that’s about all I have for today. I hope you all have a great Tuesday!









No comments: